the last week my incoming calls have been going directly to my voice mail without ringing? some people told me because I do not have a data pla. can someone confirm this? I have a friend that does not have a data plan and her phone is working fine.
    10-08-08 06:00 PM
    Don't see what not having a data plan (internet) has to do with the phone functionality but maybe someone who knows more than I can help you.
    10-08-08 06:02 PM
    Well assuming that your phone is actually on, do you have the "do not disturb" feature turned on?

I'm sure more members will have more suggestions, but those two reasons are all I can think of now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 06:09 PM
    As Jane said, it could be that you have Do Not Disturbed checked in your profile. Go to Profiles > Advanced > Select your active profile, and make sure that DND is not checked.

Another way calls can skip right to voicemail is if you have call forwarding enabled. Press you dial key > Menu > Options > Call forwarding.
    10-08-08 06:18 PM
    is there a setting that i can change to stop incoming calls going straight to voicemail when i am charging my phone?
    10-10-08 09:46 PM
    I have been having your exact issue - phone doesn't ring. I had the issue with my Motorola Razor about a month ago, but recently upgraded to a Blackberry Curve - since Dec. 26, it happens daily. Alltel resets the phone, or we take the battery out, etc., and the next day, or even within a few hours, it stops ringing again. We switched out the phone -- still doing it, so Alltel has sent a workorder to another department that is even more technical than the Blackberry techs. The last tech said it was an issue with the towers. I'll let you know if they figure it out.
    01-08-09 04:32 PM
    I get this once a week. Verizon in NJ (for us WAPs). Never happened prior to having a BB.

01-08-09 08:29 PM
    Never seen this one, i'm afraid.
    01-08-09 08:39 PM
    I get this once a week. Verizon in NJ (for us WAPs). Never happened prior to having a BB.

I'm having a similar issue. Most calls come thru, but occasionally people tell me that their call went right to voicemail.
    01-13-09 07:46 AM
    I'm also having the same issue. I find that if I'm having a conversation in BBM it happens all the time.
    01-13-09 08:39 AM
    Hi..
    My bb curve was working fine until this morning.. my phone doesnt ring and I cant hear text mess. coming in, I checked the DND..and nothing!
    any ideas?

Thanks
    01-13-09 08:45 AM
    This is generally a carrier seting and you should call them to check your BlackBerry carrier profile with them. There are things they can tell you and things they can do.
    01-13-09 08:49 AM
    the only time i have that issue is when the signal is on the weak side then it will some times go to voice mail.
    Last edited by jerry12; 01-13-09 at 09:01 AM.
    01-13-09 08:55 AM
    what does the signal say, (top right corner) edge? gprs? gsm?

it doesn't have anything to do with the data plan, because i don't have one, and everything works fine.

To me, it sounds like some kind of software issue. Try upgrading the software to .110. The instructions are posted on a sticky at the top of the forums. It's real easy to do.

If you do upgade, i suggest, (although everyone else recommends it) not backing up your current settings. (it gives u an option during the install) My reasoning for this is, if it is some kind of setting you have activated on your phone, then backing up your current settings is just going to transfer those settings to the new operating system.

Good Luck.
    01-13-09 08:56 AM
    I find that if I'm using bbm or Yahoo or Browser that phone calls will "usually" break through and ring, but not always. So I figure that the bb can't do data and phone at the same time. Some times the phone wins, other times no.
    01-13-09 09:12 AM
    I think I will call CS this evening and see what they say.
    01-13-09 10:17 AM
    Does anyone have a solution for the problem yet?
    09-07-10 05:41 AM
    I'm such a newbie that I don't even understand all the initials and what they mean! My BB Curve goes directly to voice mail. It doesn't ring at all, no has it. I've read thru the various replies (many older ones) and nothing I've tried works. Some of the settings mentioned aren't on my phone. I can't find where to see if the speaker is on and working. I just need a lot of help and I'm frustrated!
    10-13-10 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD