I would like to be able to go straight to my inbox instead of going to the folder that contains all email messages. I don't need to see all my sent, deleted, etc. I just want to be able to quickly go to my inbox.
    Is there anyway to do this?
    This seems so elementary, but I can't find any way to do it. I searched google up and down, and no concrete answer.
    I recently switched from WinMo and I heard that BB is #1 for email, but to be completely honest, WinMo was much easier to use for emails. It works much more similar to Outlook.
    06-22-09 03:53 PM
    Open your "Messages" icon, BB Key, Options.

Set "Hide sent Messages" to "Yes".

You will now have only received messages showing in your "Messages" folder.
    06-22-09 03:57 PM
    I already tried that, but it is still showing sent items, and deleted items, and inbox items.
    06-22-09 04:02 PM
    Hmmm. Dumb question, when you set it, did you make sure to save the settings before exiting?
    06-22-09 04:05 PM
    Would this work for FB status messages too? I dont like it keeping what I put in my status!! I want notifications from friends just not my own!
    But otherwise thanks! I didnt know I could do that. I have only had my BB for a few days!
    06-22-09 04:57 PM
    Would this work for FB status messages too? I dont like it keeping what I put in my status!! I want notifications from friends just not my own!
    But otherwise thanks! I didnt know I could do that. I have only had my BB for a few days!
    I don't think ther is anything you can do about the FB status. I can't find anything to turn that off.
    06-22-09 05:14 PM
    Hmmm. Dumb question, when you set it, did you make sure to save the settings before exiting?
    Yes, definately. I go back in to the settings, and I see "hide sent" set to Yes.

I don't know if it matters. but most if not all of the sent messages that I am seeing were sent from my PC, not my BB.
    06-22-09 07:14 PM
    So you have copies of the items sent from your PC on your BB. Do you ave yourself set up on and auto CC to your device? I don't understand why this would be the case. Are you on BES?

In either case, the sent items aren't really sent items as far as your device is concerned. They are received items on an auto CC, and I believe the BES settings would override if the latter were the case.
    06-22-09 07:31 PM
    Yes, I am using BES.
    No, I am not CC'ing myself.
    06-22-09 09:41 PM
    I don't think ther is anything you can do about the FB status. I can't find anything to turn that off.

Ok Thanks!!!
    06-22-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD