How do I import (easily) all of the data from my Windows Mobile phone to a Blackberry? i don't want to have to type each and every name into the BB.
    10-06-08 11:39 PM
    The simplest way would be to use the Switch Device capability in Desktop Manager.
    10-06-08 11:57 PM
    In BB's desktop manager? Then what? Sync? In there a step-by-step procedure available? Thanks for your response.
    10-07-08 01:56 AM
    Yes, using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The capability is called Device Switch Wizard. It's on the Home Screen. You have to hook up both devices simultaneously, so you need a PC or laptop with two USB ports. There's no need for step by step instructions, just follow the prompts.
    10-07-08 08:54 AM
    Yes, using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The capability is called Device Switch Wizard. It's on the Home Screen. You have to hook up both devices simultaneously, so you need a PC or laptop with two USB ports. There's no need for step by step instructions, just follow the prompts.
    I'm a recent Windows Mobile convert and found the DM Wizard a pain in the neck when transferring info between WM and BB. Not to say it doesn't work, it's just a pain. (duplicates contacts, tasks and calendar events)

What type of email software do you use? If it's Outlook, just connect the BB to the DM and upload from there.
    10-07-08 08:59 AM
    Just bought a T-Mo Curve Sunset. Ran the device switch wizard. All went well, except NONE of my contacts moved over. Could it be that I never used outlook for my contacts on my PC?
    10-07-08 10:52 PM
    I had my Palm and then Windows Mobile devices and now my Curve synced to Outlook and it has maintain the same data for years. Not that I love Outlook, but it is common and has worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 06:25 PM
    With a WM interface, you should be able to do it easily with Outlook or Outlook Express and the BB Desktop Manager
    10-08-08 07:31 PM
    I searched and found several threads simply telling people to use the Switch Device function of the DM to go from a WM5 device to their new BB.

I tried this, and at the end was given the message:

Desktop organizer data was not imported successfully. Errors occured during the process.
    I don't have outlook, and have never used it. My contacts are backed up to dashwire, verizon's wireless sync, and I have a .csv of them saved to my PC.

What are my options here? I have ~150 contacts and I don't really have much desire to keep putting them in one by one.

Thanks much guys, I've tried working with what I've got and haven't been able to find a solution. Halp?
    12-08-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD