I backed my phone up using the desktop manager into an .ipd file. I downloaded a program that converts the .ipd file into a .csv file. Once it is in the .csv file, I cleaned up my contacts and would now like to import my newly updated contacts and replace the old ones. I know this is easy using Outlook, but I use Outlook for work only, and this is for my personal phone. I went to do a synch, but it only deleted the contacts that were on my phone, and did not bring in the ones from the .csv file. I know this question has probably been answered, but I could not find it. I am not the most techincal computer person around, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    06-08-09 10:19 AM
    If you first do an ASCII export of your Contacts from the Blackberry, it will create a .csv file for you. Use this file to cut and paste into from your other Contacts file but make sure to not change the field headers. Do an ASCII import and you're done.
    Last edited by trucky; 06-08-09 at 12:07 PM.
    06-08-09 12:03 PM
    I did that but am now getting an error message "0x80040057"
    06-08-09 02:21 PM
    I checked the Log and saw this at the bottom "unable to initialize application API"
    06-08-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD