i just lost my bbs and the guy forgot to put the insurance on it so now im phoneless and insuranceless
    i heard that if u went to the police with the appropriate paper work you could get your phone back
    you think i can do tat?
    03-22-09 08:26 PM
    Nope. Sorry.

But you should definitely be sure to call Verizon have your service suspended and the phone blocked.

And what do you mean "the guy forgot to the insurance on it"? How long ago was this? Have you been paying for insurance? Did you check your paperwork to verify that you requested insurance? Does insurance show up on your account online?
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 03-22-09 at 09:39 PM.
    03-22-09 09:35 PM
    What do you mean get you phone back? Thru insurance? Or finding the lost/stolen phone?
    03-22-09 09:37 PM
    Do you know where the phone is? Just with how you're saying you'll get in back I'm curious...
    03-22-09 09:43 PM
    i just lost my bbs and the guy forgot to put the insurance on it so now im phoneless and insuranceless
    i heard that if u went to the police with the appropriate paper work you could get your phone back
    you think i can do tat?
    Ummm, the police don't care that you lost your blackberry. If someone stole it, then they'll take a report, but unless you can prove who took it you're kinda screwed.

Your homeowners insurance may cover it, but its unlikely that your phone is worth enough to get above your deductible.

Definitely call the company and get your service suspended. Next phone you get download a tracking software onto it. I got smartguard last night, can nuke the phone remotely now, and track it via GPS.
    03-22-09 09:48 PM
    Don't you love when someone makes a thread and never returns to respond!!!
    03-23-09 06:46 AM
    Hello! Is it me your looking for? Lionel Richie LOL!
    03-23-09 07:57 AM
    I once lost a phone and did not have insurance on it. After having a nice conversation with Verizon, they offered me a new phone at 2 year prices, with a new 2 year contract. I was WELL before being eligible, but they worked with me.

EDIT: I did not get an NE2 discount, and I learned my lesson and have had insurance ever since.
    03-23-09 08:05 AM
    umm lol sorry i have school and all >.<
    my first bbs had a lot of glitches so when i got the second one i asked for insurance on it
    its been about a month or two and i didnt give the insurance idea much thought because the phone was in my "trusty" pouch
    now its gone
    :/
    umm pkcable whatd u say to them o.O im curious to know so that maybe i can use it
    03-23-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD