To import a CSV file into Blackberry:

1. Connect to the BlackBerry Internet Service website and log in using the user's BlackBerry account
    2. Click the Address Book link.
    3. On navigation bar, click Import.
    4. Click Browse.
    5. In the Browse field find where the .CSV file is saved, click OK.
    6. Click ADD.
    I didn't knew of it. thanks for the info.Really appreciate.
    12-22-09 01:12 AM
    you have been really helpful. thank you so much
    12-25-09 12:01 AM
    Any clean way to use a .csv file as an import file with Blackberry Desktop?
    03-14-10 09:32 PM
    I have used the excel format given above to save a csv file, but the numbers are not loading on to the phone. I have followed all the steps given above but have failed. I have no idea where I am going wrong because I do not get any error messages. The phone is BB curve 8900. Any more tips you could possibly give?
    03-22-10 07:50 AM
    I use the CSV (comma separated values) DOS format. Works every time. If I mess with the column headings and such to try and "clean it up" then things don't go well. I can't add a .xls file here so I zipped it. Hope this helps.
    Hi,

I copied my contacts into your excel file and I saved your file as DOS cvs format. But Still it doesn't copy my contact to blackberry. I have noticed that:

1. The BB desktop manager doesn't creat a log to view
    2. In my contacts option: Wireless synch is "Not available"

To import, I am choosing Sync from ASCII Importer/Exporter to Device.

What I am doing wrong please?

Any help would be greatly appreciate,

cs
    09-21-10 07:47 AM
    To copy the .csv contacts file back into the BB you need to use Desktop Manager, do a sync and Import ASCII.
    09-22-10 06:06 AM
    I got it to work, this is what I did:

1) I saved the contacts in a CSV file from my Env2 phone that I exported with BitPim & made another copy of it with a similar name.
    2) Then I made a test contact save (I just put my name & phone number in the appropriate fields on my BB) & exported it to one of the CSV files & replaced it.
    3) Then I opened up the newly exported document with Excel & the other CSV file that I saved earlier & copied all of the information from each field from that one in the corresponding columns on the newly exported CSV file from the BB because it has a specific format of titles in the columns that the BB needs to have to be able to import the contacts.
    4) After I copied & pasted everything in the correct columns on the BB CSV file I clicked file -> save as & saved as a CSV (Ms Dos) & clicked yes on the warning popup that comes up about losing some features b/c they don't matter in this case.
    5) Then I had to close out the document before I could load it in the ASCII Importer/Exporter & I imported that saved file to the phone by clicking next & OK until it configured everything & then I clicked the Sync button on the bottom-right of the BB Desktop & clicked the appropriate "accept buttons" along the way & it all worked.
    12-03-10 02:46 AM
    Can someone post a sample Excel spreadsheet and how it needs to be layed out.....along with what form to save it in? Please!!
    08-10-11 09:58 AM
    Can someone post a sample Excel spreadsheet and how it needs to be layed out.....along with what form to save it in? Please!!
    The best way to get this is to create one from your own Blackberry using the directions back in Post 12. When you create the ASCII Sync your Desktop Manager will automatically create the .csv file in the proper format and save it to your Windows Desktop.
    08-10-11 10:03 AM
    In BB 7 or later there is no feature to import CSV file through desktop manager. But Outlook can import it (other files). And Desktop manager can import from Outlook.
    05-09-17 10:06 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD