I haven't posted much on the forums due to the fact that I didn't have anything to contribute.

I can't believe that my first thread is going to be of this nature, but I just couldn't let this go.

1. Why haven't crackberry reported on the IDC numbers yet the rest of mobile nation has? (as blackberry enthusiasts we need to be on the ball all the time)

(This next point is why I created the thread to begin with)

2. Why the hatered towards blackberry from iMore. I know that Blackberry is not doing well and is losing marketshare but to say that we'll be alongside Symbian in the times to come and this will be a 2 horse race is kind of unfair to Blackberry.

http://www.imore.com/2012/05/24/ios-...share-q1-2012/

I think that the Crackberry team should address this in their blog post (if they are to post about the IDC numbers in the coming hours)

What do you guys think? Am I being too sensitive and unrealistic?
    05-24-12 11:09 AM
    If Crackberry were to have to respond to every negative blog post regarding RIM out there... Seriously, it's a lost cause until BB10 is released.
    05-24-12 11:14 AM
    It is a case of "look at the source"..... I simply look at the source and pretty much know what to expect.....
    kbz1960, shemaree09 and Chrisy like this.
    05-24-12 11:19 AM
    I haven't posted much on the forums due to the fact that I didn't have anything to contribute.

I can't believe that my first thread is going to be of this nature, but I just couldn't let this go.

1. Why haven't crackberry reported on the IDC numbers yet the rest of mobile nation has? (as blackberry enthusiasts we need to be on the ball all the time)

2. Why the hatered towards blackberry from iMore. I know that Blackberry is not doing well and is losing marketshare but to say that we'll be alongside Symbian in the times to come and this will be a 2 horse race is kind of unfair to Blackberry.

I think that the Crackberry team should address this in their blog post (if they are to post about the IDC numbers in the coming hours)

It wouldn't be the first time I've accused iMore of bias, but after reading the article, which wasn't by Rene (thank doG), It plainly sounds like they are reporting on the current trend. They are opining that this trend will continue (they have no evidence to the contrary and neither does anyone else). That's all.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-24-12 11:19 AM
    So now reporting the news is Hatred? Lighten up. RIM took a 30% hit in marketshare, facts are facts.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-24-12 11:50 AM
    I don't think it was hatred.
    All they said was IF Blackberry continues the downward spiral, they'll end up alongside Symbian.
    With BB10 on the way I highly doubt Blackberry will continue to spiral downwards.
    They were just reporting the facts.
    So yes, you're being VERY sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-24-12 at 12:04 PM.
    05-24-12 12:02 PM
    So now reporting the news is Hatred? Lighten up. RIM took a 30% hit in marketshare, facts are facts.
    I don't think it was hatred.
    All they said was IF Blackberry continues the downward spiral, they'll end up alongside Symbian.
    With BB10 on the way I highly doubt Blackberry will continue to spiral downwards.
    They were just reporting the facts.
    So yes, you're being VERY sensitive.

Nah... way easier to just call it all a conspiracy to report only negative. Forget the facts.
    05-24-12 12:09 PM
    I ignore threads most of the threads about iPhones now. It's gotten really boring. I'm here to discuss BlackBerry.

Speaking of BlackBerry:http://forums.crackberry.com/general...elieve-725863/
    metroside likes this.
    05-24-12 12:22 PM
    Nah... way easier to just call it all a conspiracy to report only negative. Forget the facts.
    Hm.. *side eyes*

05-24-12 12:24 PM
    I really don't see it as hate. They just put out the information. its not like they started saying, "bahahaha BlackBerry even behind the dead symbian and windows gaining on them fast, BK here comes RIM"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 12:25 PM
    No conspiracy....no hatred....not even trollery; just pimple faced hormonal jerks wearing yellow stained and crusty Fruit 'O the Looms who are bored to tears with their less then marginal lives. Spending one's life in a cold, damp basement does not do a damaged mind any good.
    lnichols and Spencerdl like this.
    05-24-12 12:34 PM
    I figure they must have an interest in BlackBerry or they wouldn't be here. Probably they're bored with their iPhones!
    kbz1960 and Spencerdl like this.
    05-24-12 12:37 PM
    Not to say that there isn't an anti-BlackBerry bias on most news sites, but this article seems to be straight to the facts about market share.
    05-24-12 12:41 PM
    Just add all the iTrolls and Fandroids that constantly post crap here on your ignore list, and everyone else stop quoting them, and you will never see what they say. The fact that they spend massive amounts of time on an enthusiast sight bashing what that site caters to tells you all you need to know about the character and intellect of those individuals. As for iMore, its sad that more iPhone users seem to choose to hang out here than there, which also tells you a lot about there!
    05-24-12 01:03 PM
    I fail to grasp why anyone should care about an article about the iPhone on a site dedicated to iOS devices. Beside, there is no mention of BlackBerry in the headline of the article.

What is iMore supposed to write about on its site? Note the name of the site: iMore. If one does not want to see articles about iPhones, it is best to avoid visiting sites dedicated to iOS.
    05-24-12 01:14 PM
    I had to go and read the article just to see what the fuss was about. I must have missed something. I don't see what the fuss was about. iMore has been very generous to RIM. Step outside of SPE if you want to see what the world really thinks about RIM. It ain't pretty.
    05-24-12 01:17 PM
    My point was that Crackberry didn't report on the numbers so I had to resort to iMore to see them.

Also, I'm not against stating facts, but the fact that no one is able to see what RIM is doing to get things going nor to provide some sort of light at the end of the tunnel regarding their upcoming major release is indirectly bashing Blackberry and hence considered hatred on all fronts.

Comparing it to Symbian (which is a dying a OS, proof that Nokia is moving forward with Windows) is just a low shot from a "sister" site.

I hope I clarified my point to those who were confused by what I said.
    05-24-12 01:23 PM

Speaking of hatred, haven't you seen that Crackberry article with a photo of Kevin p00ping on the iPad?
    05-24-12 01:23 PM
    I fail to grasp why anyone should care about an article about the iPhone on a site dedicated to iOS devices. Beside, there is no mention of BlackBerry in the headline of the article.

What is iMore supposed to write about on its site? Note the name of the site: iMore. If one does not want to see articles about iPhones, it is best to avoid visiting sites dedicated to iOS.
    Exactly.

It is funny to see all the iPhone articles, but as with anything else on the web, ignore the stuff that makes you angry.

No need to raise your blood pressure because someone might have said something about your favorite piece of tech. We ain't toddlers fighting over Tonka trucks, are we?
    05-24-12 01:29 PM
    Speaking of hatred, haven't you seen that Crackberry article with a photo of Kevin p00ping on the iPad?
    That's okay. This is, after all, an "enthusiast site."
    05-24-12 01:30 PM

I didn't found this that much aggressive ... Always hard to read for a fan, but as I commented on Imore :
    Won't be a surprise if RIM stands low until BB10 launch. BB7 hasn't been very successful and people start to believe they'd better wait for BB10 before changing a BB6 device. In the meantime, the markets grows. Just maths.
    05-24-12 01:39 PM
    Comparing it to Symbian (which is a dying a OS, proof that Nokia is moving forward with Windows) is just a low shot from a "sister" site.
    Not really. BBOS will be a "dying OS" too, once BB10 is released.

Hopefully the transition from BBOS to BB10 will go better for RIM than the transition from Symbian to Windows Phone is going for Nokia so far.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-24-12 01:44 PM
    No conspiracy....no hatred....not even trollery; just pimple faced hormonal jerks wearing yellow stained and crusty Fruit 'O the Looms who are bored to tears with their less then marginal lives. Spending one's life in a cold, damp basement does not do a damaged mind any good.
    More delusion from the guy above. Thanks for showing us the effects of basement dwelling though, I for one am glad that I've never had to endure what you described. In fact, I don't even see how your post has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Just add all the iTrolls and Fandroids that constantly post crap here on your ignore list, and everyone else stop quoting them, and you will never see what they say. The fact that they spend massive amounts of time on an enthusiast sight bashing what that site caters to tells you all you need to know about the character and intellect of those individuals. As for iMore, its sad that more iPhone users seem to choose to hang out here than there, which also tells you a lot about there!
    Who is this directed towards? All I see is an OP who was sensitive to the article he linked asking a question about it and then people giving their opinions on the topic. This is still a forum right? I'm pretty sure that what I just described is forum SOP. I do agree though, that if normal, human discussion is too much for you to take, then you should definitely ignore the forums and refrain from quoting people and even posting at all. That should fix the problem.
    Last edited by JtothaR; 05-24-12 at 02:05 PM.
    anon(832122) likes this.
    05-24-12 02:03 PM
    More delusion from the guy above. Thanks for showing us the effects of basement dwelling though, I for one am glad that I've never had to endure what you described. In fact, I don't even see how your post has anything to do with the topic at hand.
    I am who I am, and I say what I know to be the truth because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

I see you chose to mind, therefore you don't .................
    05-24-12 02:32 PM
    My point was that Crackberry didn't report on the numbers so I had to resort to iMore to see them.

Also, I'm not against stating facts, but the fact that no one is able to see what RIM is doing to get things going nor to provide some sort of light at the end of the tunnel regarding their upcoming major release is indirectly bashing Blackberry and hence considered hatred on all fronts.

I hope I clarified my point to those who were confused by what I said.
    But they weren't being hateful towards Blackberry at all.
    They just reported the facts. I'm not understanding how you see that as hatred.
    I could understand if they said "RIM & Blackberry will never make a comeback."
    But all they said was IF Blackberry continues the downward spiral it'll be bad due
    to the current IDC numbers. It's not like they made it up, it's all facts.

Seems like you're just looking for a reason to be mad at iMore. Lol.
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-24-12 at 02:42 PM.
    05-24-12 02:36 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD