Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree34Likes
  1. Kennedy.L's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    As I was looking at the trending topics on Twitter I saw iMessage and my curious little mind needed to know why it was trending.

    iMessage is down and people are PISSED! This brings back memories of the BIS outage earlier this year and all that negative attention is exactly what RIM didn't need at the time, or ever need.

    Apple's iMessage service experiencing another disruption | Apple - CNET News

    My intent isn't to bash Apple since this happens in all forms of technology but at the same time I'm pretty happy about it. Reading through the tweets some people are talking about switching platforms over this.

    All I can say is that I wish for another one of the service disruptions shortly after the launch of BB10.

    Go RIM!
    Pearl 8130 -> Storm 9500 -> Tour -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9800 -> Curve 3G -> Bold 9900 PlayBook (2.1.0.1032) -> Z10 and Q10. I need help.
  2. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy.L View Post
    As I was looking at the trending topics on Twitter I saw iMessage and my curious little mind needed to know why it was trending.

    iMessage is down and people are PISSED! This brings back memories of the BIS outage earlier this year and all that negative attention is exactly what RIM didn't need at the time, or ever need.

    Apple's iMessage service experiencing another disruption | Apple - CNET News

    My intent isn't to bash Apple since this happens in all forms of technology but at the same time I'm pretty happy about it. Reading through the tweets some people are talking about switching platforms over this.

    All I can say is that I wish for another one of the service disruptions shortly after the launch of BB10.

    Go RIM!
    So you are no better than anyone that trolled rim when bbm was down.
  3. playbookster's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,455 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Why isnt this all over the news and radio?
  4. trsbbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,727 Posts
    PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
    #4  

    Default iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    So you are no better than anyone that trolled rim when bbm was down.
    This troll calling is getting old.

    Tim


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.3.1.1151
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526 and not used!
    BlackBerry continues to act anti-American! Another no U.S. launch for the largest dollar making country (BBs own numbers) for them on the planet!
    Thanked by 4:
    antiRIM (11-18-2012),  Djlatino (11-20-2012),  howarmat (11-19-2012),  MrRJ (11-19-2012) 
  5. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,859 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,169 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #5  

    Default

    I kinda hope that it makes the news like when the RIM servers went down. I'd like the headline to begin something like, seems like these things don't just happen to BlackBerry users but now Apple is experiencing server issues...

    No one is perfect.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    bigbmc26 and Kennedy.L like this.
  6. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by trsbbs View Post
    This troll calling is getting old.

    Tim


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    So is the trolling
    dentynefire likes this.
  7. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    I kinda hope that it makes the news like when the RIM servers went down. I'd like the headline to begin something like, seems like these things don't just happen to BlackBerry users but now Apple is experiencing server issues...

    No one is perfect.
    It's happened before. A lot of tech sites covered it. No biggie, I can still text/email, Facebook im etc etc


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  8. Kennedy.L's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    So you are no better than anyone that trolled rim when bbm was down.
    I'll argue that.

    I'm not bashing Apple for this. I had those BBM (and BIS) problems this year and it sucked. It'll happen to every company at some point.

    But I'm rooting for RIM and I'm glad to see customers having problems with the other platform alternatives. It makes people realize nothing is perfect and that RIM had those problems maybe weren't the end of the world as people made it out to be.
    Pearl 8130 -> Storm 9500 -> Tour -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9800 -> Curve 3G -> Bold 9900 PlayBook (2.1.0.1032) -> Z10 and Q10. I need help.
  9. vtpmt81's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    PIN
    Quill and ink
    #9  

    Default There is a difference.

    When RIM's servers are down - all of the BlackBerry's smart functions are affected from email, Internet, and BBM. When Apple's servers are down - only FaceTime and iMessage are affected - and you can still send texts so video calling is the only thing that is 'down'.

    When you have a smartphone that can't surf the web or get email - that is a really big deal.
    Thanked by:
    BlackBerry Guy (11-18-2012) 
    Made in flanders likes this.
  10. kojita's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    898 Posts
    Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    PIN
    You can ask
    #10  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    I d be curious to see some stats of imessages uptime verzus bbm, normalized by lifetime of the service
    8900-9700-9780-9900
  11. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy.L View Post
    I'll argue that.

    I'm not bashing Apple for this. I had those BBM (and BIS) problems this year and it sucked. It'll happen to every company at some point.

    But I'm rooting for RIM and I'm glad to see customers having problems with the other platform alternatives. It makes people realize nothing is perfect and that RIM had those problems maybe weren't the end of the world as people made it out to be.
    You shouldn't be glad to see anyone experiencing problems. I wish technology worked as intended but as you can see its got all sorts of flaws. This week it's them, next week it could be us.
  12. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by titans30dude View Post
    So your a ..... chill with the attitude man
    What attitude you are the one concealing your thought with ...... periods.... lol?
  13. titans30dude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    PIN
    Verizon is so much better then those other guys...no question about it
    #13  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    What attitude you are the one concealing your thought with ...... periods.... lol?
    Haha u are the funny one arent you bc the website block my explict language.....way to go buddy but your wrong
  14. dentynefire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,413 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    It's happened before. A lot of tech sites covered it. No biggie, I can still text/email, Facebook im etc etc
    People that have BBM can text also etc. makes you wonder why nobody cares.
    Thanked by 2:
    bigbmc26 (11-19-2012) 
    bigbmc26 and Cesare21 like this.
  15. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,722 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    It doesn't matter to me.
    I don't use the platform, so I don't care.

    Those that don't use the RIM NOC don't care when it's servers are down either.

    It'll work out for them just like it did for us...................................
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    Thanked by:
    BlackBerry Guy (11-18-2012) 
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
  16. titans30dude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    PIN
    Verizon is so much better then those other guys...no question about it
    #16  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    It doesn't matter to me.
    I don't use the platform, so I don't care.

    Those that don't use the RIM NOC don't care when it's servers are down either.

    It'll work out for them just like it did for us...................................
    It worked out you guys? People are dropping like flies it seems form RIM
  17. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by titans30dude View Post
    Haha u are the funny one arent you bc the website block my explict language.....way to go buddy but your wrong
    So I considered you a gentleman and figured you didn't want to intentionally curse on a forum. But you just admitted that the website filters your slander, thank goodness for techonolgy!
  18. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,270 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    So is the trolling
    Trolling would be posting this thread in an Apple fansite forum.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by 2:
    Kennedy.L (11-19-2012) 
    Kennedy.L and Bobcat665 like this.
  19. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,270 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titans30dude View Post
    It worked out you guys? People are dropping like flies it seems form RIM
    It seems, but RIM increased their subscriber base last quarter.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by 2:
    CerveloJohn (11-22-2012) 
  20. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,722 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titans30dude View Post
    It worked out you guys? People are dropping like flies it seems form RIM
    Yes. Obviously it worked out.
    Service was restored and not a single email was lost. Just sent late.
    I wonder if everything will still be preserved for delivery after this outage?

    I also don't see what your statement has to do with this service outage.
    Don't get a gas face grill and try to start sumpin' sumpin' here.............
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  21. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by titans30dude View Post
    It worked out you guys? People are dropping like flies it seems form RIM
    Picture or it didnt happen!
  22. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Trolling would be posting this thread in an Apple fansite forum.
    Something I somewhat agree with you about but is often forgotten here.
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 11-18-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: N "the lock".
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  23. axeman1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    906 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vtpmt81 View Post
    When RIM's servers are down - all of the BlackBerry's smart functions are affected from email, Internet, and BBM. When Apple's servers are down - only FaceTime and iMessage are affected - and you can still send texts so video calling is the only thing that is 'down'.

    When you have a smartphone that can't surf the web or get email - that is a really big deal.
    Dont forget the cloud being down at that time as well, and if people have music contacts and calendars synced they are gone too.
  24. titans30dude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    PIN
    Verizon is so much better then those other guys...no question about it
    #24  

    Default Re: iMessage is down, BBM is Up

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Yes. Obviously it worked out.
    Service was restored and not a single email was lost. Just sent late.
    I wonder if everything will still be preserved for delivery after this outage?

    I also don't see what your statement has to do with this service outage.
    Don't get a gas face grill and try to start sumpin' sumpin' here.............
    What i was trying to say is its not one dimension...i know it was restored and everything was delivered but that doesnt stop someone from leaving RIM there was one cause (outage) but there can be more then one effect (restoration, people leaving) like ill give you a real life example...i was hit by sandy....my cable goes out 9 days later gets restored and i will be credited but that didnt stop me from leaving them and going to fios which i am doing...feel me?
  25. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,223 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,962 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman1000 View Post
    Dont forget the cloud being down at that time as well, and if people have music contacts and calendars synced they are gone too.
    You don't lose contacts, calendars or music. They're stored/cached on the device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. is your bbm messing up???
    By FerrariCarli in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM
  2. is your bbm messing up???
    By FerrariCarli in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM
  3. ive been up for 3 hours and my battery is down 11%
    By theidoctor in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 10:04 AM
  4. EVERYONE: bbm is down right now
    By baberz in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 08:03 PM
  5. Is there a page up & page down button?
    By PsychedelicWonders in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions