As I was looking at the trending topics on Twitter I saw iMessage and my curious little mind needed to know why it was trending.

iMessage is down and people are PISSED! This brings back memories of the BIS outage earlier this year and all that negative attention is exactly what RIM didn't need at the time, or ever need.

Apple's iMessage service experiencing another disruption | Apple - CNET News

My intent isn't to bash Apple since this happens in all forms of technology but at the same time I'm pretty happy about it. Reading through the tweets some people are talking about switching platforms over this.

All I can say is that I wish for another one of the service disruptions shortly after the launch of BB10.

Go RIM!
    11-18-12 04:59 PM
    As I was looking at the trending topics on Twitter I saw iMessage and my curious little mind needed to know why it was trending.

iMessage is down and people are PISSED! This brings back memories of the BIS outage earlier this year and all that negative attention is exactly what RIM didn't need at the time, or ever need.

Apple's iMessage service experiencing another disruption | Apple - CNET News

My intent isn't to bash Apple since this happens in all forms of technology but at the same time I'm pretty happy about it. Reading through the tweets some people are talking about switching platforms over this.

All I can say is that I wish for another one of the service disruptions shortly after the launch of BB10.

Go RIM!
    So you are no better than anyone that trolled rim when bbm was down.
    11-18-12 05:03 PM
    Why isnt this all over the news and radio?
    leontam, bigbmc26, mitfry and 2 others like this.
    11-18-12 05:05 PM
    This troll calling is getting old.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    11-18-12 05:06 PM
    I kinda hope that it makes the news like when the RIM servers went down. I'd like the headline to begin something like, seems like these things don't just happen to BlackBerry users but now Apple is experiencing server issues...

No one is perfect.
    Kennedy.L and bigbmc26 like this.
    11-18-12 05:07 PM
    This troll calling is getting old.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    So is the trolling
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    11-18-12 05:10 PM
    I kinda hope that it makes the news like when the RIM servers went down. I'd like the headline to begin something like, seems like these things don't just happen to BlackBerry users but now Apple is experiencing server issues...

No one is perfect.
    It's happened before. A lot of tech sites covered it. No biggie, I can still text/email, Facebook im etc etc

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-18-12 05:14 PM
    I'll argue that.

I'm not bashing Apple for this. I had those BBM (and BIS) problems this year and it sucked. It'll happen to every company at some point.

But I'm rooting for RIM and I'm glad to see customers having problems with the other platform alternatives. It makes people realize nothing is perfect and that RIM had those problems maybe weren't the end of the world as people made it out to be.
    11-18-12 05:19 PM
    When RIM's servers are down - all of the BlackBerry's smart functions are affected from email, Internet, and BBM. When Apple's servers are down - only FaceTime and iMessage are affected - and you can still send texts so video calling is the only thing that is 'down'.

When you have a smartphone that can't surf the web or get email - that is a really big deal.
    11-18-12 05:28 PM
    I d be curious to see some stats of imessages uptime verzus bbm, normalized by lifetime of the service
    11-18-12 05:30 PM
    I'll argue that.

I'm not bashing Apple for this. I had those BBM (and BIS) problems this year and it sucked. It'll happen to every company at some point.

But I'm rooting for RIM and I'm glad to see customers having problems with the other platform alternatives. It makes people realize nothing is perfect and that RIM had those problems maybe weren't the end of the world as people made it out to be.
    You shouldn't be glad to see anyone experiencing problems. I wish technology worked as intended but as you can see its got all sorts of flaws. This week it's them, next week it could be us.
    11-18-12 05:31 PM
    So your a ..... chill with the attitude man
    What attitude you are the one concealing your thought with ...... periods.... lol?
    11-18-12 05:38 PM
    What attitude you are the one concealing your thought with ...... periods.... lol?
    Haha u are the funny one arent you bc the website block my explict language.....way to go buddy but your wrong
    11-18-12 05:41 PM
    It's happened before. A lot of tech sites covered it. No biggie, I can still text/email, Facebook im etc etc
    People that have BBM can text also etc. makes you wonder why nobody cares.
    Cesare21 and bigbmc26 like this.
    11-18-12 05:45 PM
    It doesn't matter to me.
    I don't use the platform, so I don't care.

Those that don't use the RIM NOC don't care when it's servers are down either.

It'll work out for them just like it did for us...................................
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    11-18-12 05:46 PM
    It doesn't matter to me.
    I don't use the platform, so I don't care.

Those that don't use the RIM NOC don't care when it's servers are down either.

It'll work out for them just like it did for us...................................
    It worked out you guys? People are dropping like flies it seems form RIM
    11-18-12 05:48 PM
    Haha u are the funny one arent you bc the website block my explict language.....way to go buddy but your wrong
    So I considered you a gentleman and figured you didn't want to intentionally curse on a forum. But you just admitted that the website filters your slander, thank goodness for techonolgy!
    11-18-12 05:49 PM
    So is the trolling
    Trolling would be posting this thread in an Apple fansite forum.
    Bobcat665 and Kennedy.L like this.
    11-18-12 05:49 PM
    It seems, but RIM increased their subscriber base last quarter.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-18-12 05:50 PM
    Yes. Obviously it worked out.
    Service was restored and not a single email was lost. Just sent late.
    I wonder if everything will still be preserved for delivery after this outage?

I also don't see what your statement has to do with this service outage.
    Don't get a gas face grill and try to start sumpin' sumpin' here.............
    11-18-12 05:53 PM
    Picture or it didnt happen!
    Trolling would be posting this thread in an Apple fansite forum.
    Something I somewhat agree with you about but is often forgotten here.
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 11-18-12 at 05:55 PM. Reason: N "the lock".
    When RIM's servers are down - all of the BlackBerry's smart functions are affected from email, Internet, and BBM. When Apple's servers are down - only FaceTime and iMessage are affected - and you can still send texts so video calling is the only thing that is 'down'.

When you have a smartphone that can't surf the web or get email - that is a really big deal.
    Dont forget the cloud being down at that time as well, and if people have music contacts and calendars synced they are gone too.
    11-18-12 06:34 PM
    Yes. Obviously it worked out.
    Service was restored and not a single email was lost. Just sent late.
    I wonder if everything will still be preserved for delivery after this outage?

I also don't see what your statement has to do with this service outage.
    Don't get a gas face grill and try to start sumpin' sumpin' here.............
    What i was trying to say is its not one dimension...i know it was restored and everything was delivered but that doesnt stop someone from leaving RIM there was one cause (outage) but there can be more then one effect (restoration, people leaving) like ill give you a real life example...i was hit by sandy....my cable goes out 9 days later gets restored and i will be credited but that didnt stop me from leaving them and going to fios which i am doing...feel me?
    11-18-12 06:38 PM
    Dont forget the cloud being down at that time as well, and if people have music contacts and calendars synced they are gone too.
    You don't lose contacts, calendars or music. They're stored/cached on the device.
    11-18-12 06:38 PM
37 12