What is Imessage? Is it an instant messaging app? Similar to bbm?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:40 PM
    Nah f that! I don't like people playing on my phone! Lol Dave Chapelle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 04:45 AM
    So there it is folks an apple user admiting imessage is not as secure as Bbm. I never thought I would see the day.

Posted via CB10
    Apple's iMessage is the DEA's worst nightmare - Apr. 7, 2013
    04-15-13 08:34 AM
    If this nonsense with iMessage doesn't remind people that if you want reliability there is only one choice - BBM - then I don't know what will. BlackBerry had an outage for three days that was their network and not carrier specific and people ripped on BlackBerry so hard for it. Yet Apple has network outages all the damn time and no one seems to care.

Heck a friend of mine had her cellular service out for two days in her town, but BBM still worked on her Z10. She couldn't make a call or send a text but she could still BBM.

I just don't get why people don't value the reliability that BlackBerry offers.
    04-15-13 08:49 AM
    If this nonsense with iMessage doesn't remind people that if you want reliability there is only one choice - BBM - then I don't know what will. BlackBerry had an outage for three days that was their network and not carrier specific and people ripped on BlackBerry so hard for it. Yet Apple has network outages all the damn time and no one seems to care.

Heck a friend of mine had her cellular service out for two days in her town, but BBM still worked on her Z10. She couldn't make a call or send a text but she could still BBM.

Because its the cool thing to bash Blackberry. Bash android for being virus ridden and bash iPhone for being to overwatched. Windows phone is to new to have something to bash aside from lack of apps or the tile orientation. Just how insecure people roll now a days.

Sent using Tapatalk
    04-15-13 09:02 AM

I'm typing this slowly and clearly.

Because an iMessage 'outage' doesn't cripple the entire phone so you can't even browse Internet. No that honour goes to bis outages. You can't compare the two. I message is down? You can still text, surf get emails etc. Bis? You can call and text. You lose email, Internet, AND bbm.

People here need to stop comparing the severity of a bis outage and an iMessage outage. Stop being obtuse.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:35 AM

If BBRY devices were considered to be as functional as other devices, it would all be academic. People would love the added security. As it stands, the semblance of heightened security does not seem to be enough of a draw in and of itself.

In any case, as pointed out, an iMessage outage can't really be compared to a BBRY outage.

ETA: stated quicker and better by Renee above.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-15-13 09:37 AM
    You guys are being ridiculous right now. Just hating iPhones for the sake of hating - with no real reason.

Yeah the service goes down often but it is not the same as BBM. And, don't even say reliability - BlackBerrys rank lower in reliability as of right now (BB10 excluded).

Many of you are still loyal to BBs simply because of security/keyboard, and for that you are willing to overlook other flaws in BBs. May be, instead of writing a million comments regarding Apple, you should whine about BlackBerry so may be they'll address those issues.

/rant

Oh and don't bother trying to attack me, I'm a BlackBerry fan and won't buy another phone unless I can't afford BBs. The reason why I'm writing this is because you guys sound like a bunch of hypocrites. You can't be a BlackBerry user and then try to knock on Apple for reliability. It may not be unreliable for you, but for those that don't understand technology as much as you, they ARE unreliable and difficult to use.
    04-15-13 09:43 AM
    I think you should read iMore's piece if you want greater insight without the bs. It greatly downplays iMessage's "Security"

http://imore.com/what-dea-really-sai...t-it-means-you

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:59 AM
    I think you should read iMore's piece if you want greater insight without the bs. It greatly downplays iMessage's "Security"

What the DEA really said about iMessages, and what it means to you | iMore.com

Posted via CB10
    It's similar to how BIS messages, including BBM, can be read by authorities if they have the assistance of BlackBerry and carriers.
    xandermac likes this.
    04-15-13 10:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-video-796311/

Guess as more people use these things, the more likely things will break.
    04-16-13 12:10 PM
    If this nonsense with iMessage doesn't remind people that if you want reliability there is only one choice - BBM...
    iMessage, as far as I understand the concept, is a proprietary extension of SMS / texting service, if a message is not deliverable through iMessage after a couple of retries, it will be delivered via SMS / text message service. Any comparison with BBM, except the unability to deliver multiplatform (mobile) leads in the wrong direction...
    04-16-13 12:19 PM
    If this nonsense with iMessage doesn't remind people that if you want reliability there is only one choice - BBM - then I don't know what will.
    Well, if I knew a single person that still used a blackberry....
    04-16-13 12:21 PM
    Test

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    04-16-13 04:11 PM

The gross misunderstanding of how other platforms work and your willingness to bash them shows what a completely blind fanboy you are. Before you bash another OS, at least understand how it works.
    Last edited by donnation; 04-17-13 at 07:51 AM.
    04-16-13 10:42 PM
    iMessage is down, again...so what. We can store more then 30 days worth of emails on the z10.
    Whats the point.
    Blackberry is perfect?
    04-17-13 12:48 PM
    I agree with the other poster about folks wanting to bash another platform and not understanding how the system even works in the first place.

Myself, I honestly think they all have their faults on one form or another. You just have to pick which one is right for you, stick with it and quit caring about what other people think.
    04-18-13 04:32 AM
167 ... 567