Hey guys,

Im looking at getting a verizon blackberry curve or pearl. I have two IMAP accounts - most noticibly a .mac account. It can be accessed via IMAP.

Is there any way to get email via my .MAC account? Will it be from my .mac account when i reply to messages?

-Joe
    07-08-08 09:02 PM
    Welcome Joe.

I've don't use my .mac email account so I didn't bother setting it up on my BB. That being said, reports from other BB/.mac users have been promising. Seems to work well. You may want to search over in the mac forum here at crackberry to see if anyone has set it up. What is your other IMAP account? What client are you using now to access these accounts?
    07-08-08 09:10 PM
    right now i use apple mail's app.

The other account i access is my college email - but that does exchange as well so im not worried.

I really want my .mac to work
    07-08-08 09:12 PM
    right now i use apple mail's app.

The other account i access is my college email - but that does exchange as well so im not worried.

I really want my .mac to work
    I have my gmail accounts set up on apple mail as well. With IMAP I can delete a message from my BB and watch it delete on my my apple mail within seconds. Google makes you jump through a few hoops to set up IMAP on a blackberry, but I haven't seen such reports about .mac. Give it a whirl...let me know how it works out. I'm liking our future .me addresses.
    07-08-08 09:25 PM
    My buddy uses his .mac on his berry with no problems, I imagine you'll have the same luck. Just plug the info in the the BIS page as any other account. If you run into any problems I'll check with him
    07-08-08 09:38 PM
    has anyone else had any success with .mac email? I just want to be sure before I go to buy one that it can do IMAP with it.

Plus would anyone recommend anything else over a curve, I am verizon?
    07-09-08 10:16 AM
    has anyone else had any success with .mac email? I just want to be sure before I go to buy one that it can do IMAP with it.

Plus would anyone recommend anything else over a curve, I am verizon?

I just PINed him to double check for ya, and he is using IMAP .mac so you're good to go, and I imagine it won't change when it becomes .me , which I guess is today.

And I'm a huge curve fan, best I had on VZW yet.
    07-09-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD