I hope I'm doing this right, forgive me if I mess this up being its my first post.

I have my gmail account attached to my blackberry. I have occasionally checked at the bottom of my gmail account under the "account activity" section and viewed the IP addresses that have viewed my account.

I have noticed that there are 2 different IP addresses showing up ( in the description on the side it says IMAP) so I know that its a mobile device. the I just did a quick test a few seconds ago and I found that the one was me checking email from my blackberry. The other IP is very similar to that one...my question is... do different IP's show up from blackberries or is a different device or person checking my email?

Thanks!
    09-29-09 03:32 PM
    BlackBerries don't have static IP addresses. IP's are asigned dynamically from a range as needed.
    It might be different for BES setups, I'm not sure.
    Most PC's also use dynamic IP's.

Both the mobile IP's are your Berry!

I usually have 4-5 IP's in my recent list, all of which are my Berry.
    Last edited by smnc; 09-29-09 at 04:40 PM.
    09-29-09 04:35 PM

Thank you so much! This explains it. This is the first time I've ever connected a gmail account to a blackberry so I wasn't sure what I was seeing and was worried.

One more thing: I'm noticing that the times listed on the account activity for GMAIL are not times that I am accessing my email...is this just because these are the times that my blackberry is accessing it? Im sure thats the case, but figured I'd check.

Thanks again!
    09-29-09 06:14 PM
    Yup, that's right... Keeps working even when you're not looking
    09-29-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD