I am planning on getting a new blackberry, but I want IM+ now. If I get a new BB will have to buy the software again or is it transferrable to the new BB??
    04-10-08 12:59 PM
    I'm not sure about im+ but you can get a transferable license for jive talk.
    04-10-08 01:16 PM
    It depends on if you purchased the transferable license or not. I believe the transferable license for JiveTalk is $5 more, not sure about IM+
    04-10-08 01:20 PM
    IM+ is transferable but in all honesty Jivetalk is much better.
    04-10-08 01:54 PM
    Yea I have tried IM+ and didn't like it, I currently use JiveTalk and it works for me (totally love it)!! I have the full license of the JT so I have been able to transfer it through 3 bb's. ;-)
    04-10-08 01:57 PM
    Yes, IM+ is tranferable to more than one device. It is an unlimited key. I have done this myself- one key for multiple blackberries. You can ever run it on BOTH at the same time if you want to.

I recommend you keep your email from shapeservices that containes your registration key. IM+ often forgets that you are registered and asks you to reenter the license key. This happens about once every 1-2 weeks for me. So save the license key somewhere in your blackberry so you can just copy and paste it over when needed.

I would agree that jivetalk is better- but for people on certain email and IM rate plans only and dont get web browising, only IM+ will work and not jivetalk.

good luck!
    04-10-08 01:58 PM
    I did transfer IM+ from my BB 7520 to my BB 8820 in early Oct of last year. They were very helpful about it actually.
    04-10-08 03:02 PM
    I've had IM+ for 4 years now and with free upgrade, good customer support -- I'd say it is a good buy. I have JiveTalk as well and both are running on my BlackBerry device. There's been a lot of improvements with IM+ and they are comparable with JiveTalk.

In regards to transferring your license to your new BlackBerry device, yes you can do that. Just go to their website and reset your license key so you can activate it on your new BlackBerry device. That simple. Not a chatter myself, but this is one of my favorite application. I used to have issues with it when I had it on my BlackBerry 8700g, but with my Curve and latest version -- none.
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 04-10-08 at 03:45 PM.
    04-10-08 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD