I'm on unlimited, and I mean "unlimited" data, for only USD 12 per month.
    It doesn't even matter. You can set it to update only on wifi.
    07-10-16 11:43 AM
    Android is OS thinked for the operators not for the users, everytime, every day, Android is updating some App, consuming your data, whats mean more money for the Big Operators, for that reasons they Support more than BB10.
    You don't have WiFi access to the internet?
    07-10-16 12:13 PM
    Because, like me, the OP feels that a BB10 device offers the best overall user experience for productivity from a smartphone, despite continued pressure for us users to go with a better-supported, though inferior, OS and ecosystem. I will stick to BB10 and my Q10, Classic and Z30 so long as the batteries don't die on the latter two, and BB10 remains functional despite lack of app support and, in hopefully the distant future, advances in browser technology haven't rendered BB10 useless.
    acovey likes this.
    07-10-16 10:09 PM
    The sad truth about all of this is that the market is not what it was in 2007 when Blackberry had the lions share and everyone I knew owned one. At one time you where considered a professional if you had a Blackberry device. Well we all know the story about the complacency and poor execution on behalf of the once iconic brand, so I won't even go there.

But, once Apple introduced the iPhone and Android OS came on the scene the writing was already on the wall folks, I have been loyal to the brand since the early days and have been on CB since 2009. I have seen both consumers and folks at the corporate level abandon Blackberry like a bad transmission. The business dynamics have drastically changed since the early days and apps and their ecosystem are how folks get things done today and thats not changing anytime soon.

Android and IOS are the new titans now and I think Blackberry had no choice but to go the way of Android as their primary OS and personally I think they should have done it a lot earlier. OS10 was doomed before it even got a chance because of product and launch delays. Hey, I was the first person at my local T-Mobile store to buy the z10 when it was released and talked many of my friends into taking the plunge. but now all of them either have a Android and/or an IOS device and have moved on.

Will Blackberry survive, I think the answer is yes, but only as a niche brand and if the device sales don't show any improvement. I think it will be as a security software developer. Either way, I will still have a Blackberry device (my priv) and well continue to read and post on this great forum. As for brand loyalty, I think those days are long gone, today folks only care about the price and not who made it or where it's made. Sad, but very true. As for myself, I am still loyal and will be here for the long haul. It should be an interesting year for Blackberry and I hope they will release their next device more sooner then later, only time will tell.
    Last edited by bakron1; 07-11-16 at 01:49 PM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-11-16 07:33 AM
    Honestly, it would be great if Android or iOS worked as well for me as BB10. That would make my life a lot easier, but they still require opening too many different apps (using the stupid home button!) to do things I can do out of the box with BB10 without ever needing to swipe to the home screen.

I don't have complex requirements. I just need to be able to review and respond to ALL communications, including adding multiple email attachments, without having to navigate through the home screen or open new apps.

I am hoping that Marshmallow and/or iOS10 are drastically improved. I'll be comparing them both starting in October. But, i've been willing to switch for the past two years and simply can't pull the trigger because neither OS is as good for my daily work flow.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 09:16 AM
    Honestly, it would be great if Android or iOS worked as well for me as BB10. That would make my life a lot easier, but they still require opening too many different apps (using the stupid home button!) to do things I can do out of the box with BB10 without ever needing to swipe to the home screen.

I don't have complex requirements. I just need to be able to review and respond to ALL communications, including adding multiple email attachments, without having to navigate through the home screen or open new apps.

I am hoping that Marshmallow and/or iOS10 are drastically improved. I'll be comparing them both starting in October. But, i've been willing to switch for the past two years and simply can't pull the trigger because neither OS is as good for my daily work flow.

Posted via CB10
    What kind of attachments? I add PDF's, pictures and office documents to emails all the time without leaving the email app in Android.

I think what most BB10 users don't want... is to give a new OS time. Two or three weeks and you might miss BB10, but you'll find you can do all that old things you could do, plus so much more.
    07-11-16 09:28 AM
    One email account is fine, but I use half a dozen, plus SMS, BBM, Twitter, etc. I don't want to have to open all those apps to review and respond to each message.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:27 PM

I think what most BB10 users don't want... is to give a new OS time. Two or three weeks and you might miss BB10, but you'll find you can do all that old things you could do, plus so much more.
    I'm sure you're right, but in my case, I train and support users for both iOS and Android and have tablets with both OSes. I've driven them extensively, but still find it faster and simpler to work on BB10 as my daily driver.

I don't make any claims about anyone else's needs. It's also worth noting that I am not a fan of any mobile phones. I much prefer my laptop and desktop PCs for 95% of work. But a mobile phone is a must for staying in touch when away from a computer.

The main exception where I actually prefer a mobile device is anything that requires quickly capturing images or sounds and sharing them, unedited, with others. And I find BB10 to be best in class at that scenario because of the file management/hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 03:38 PM
    I'm sure you're right, but in my case, I train and support users for both iOS and Android and have tablets with both OSes. I've driven them extensively, but still find it faster and simpler to work on BB10 as my daily driver.

I don't make any claims about anyone else's needs. It's also worth noting that I am not a fan of any mobile phones. I much prefer my laptop and desktop PCs for 95% of work. But a mobile phone is a must for staying in touch when away from a computer.

The main exception where I actually prefer a mobile device is anything that requires quickly capturing images or sounds and sharing them, unedited, with others. And I find BB10 to be best in class at that scenario because of the file management/hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    I will say, that with more time to mature and gain support (if it had launched in 2010), BB10 would have been an amazing OS. BlackBerry's focus on productivity is very evident in the UI. But... that was not to be. If she works for you... enjoy it as long as you can.

Have to hope that they continue to work to bring the BlackBerry experience to Android.
    07-11-16 03:45 PM
    I will say, that with more time to mature and gain support (if it had launched in 2010), BB10 would have been an amazing OS. BlackBerry's focus on productivity is very evident in the UI. But... that was not to be. If she works for you... enjoy it as long as you can.

Have to hope that they continue to work to bring the BlackBerry experience to Android.
    That would be great, and I'm hopeful that Android is becoming more sophisticated, too. I have also not given up hope that we will see Windows 10 Pro on a phone at some point as hardware improves.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 04:35 PM
35 12