My current Blackberry broke so i need a new one, i have been looking the the Flip (8220) for a while, i like the slick design, simple controls, outside LCD and the price is right ($50).

The only concern i have is how is the Flip's performance and reliability,
    is it as good as the other BB's,
    also, will it play Apps from the new App Store?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    04-02-09 02:17 AM
    It should support the app world. As far as performance is concerned, I've never used one but I'm sure it'll suit your needs. You should go test one out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 02:24 AM
    I was able to test one at the T Mobile store and like i have mentioned it, i like it in terms of the design, ease of use and a few other things.
    But how about in a everyday life, is it reliable, is it buggy?
    Also, is it easy to make the Flip work with Gmail?
    04-02-09 02:45 AM
    Also, is it easy to make the Flip work with Gmail?
    You setup email accounts the same way across all BlackBerrys.... so yes, making it work with gmail is simple.
    04-02-09 06:34 AM
    I had a chance to update the OS which the phone crashed with Java a couple of times. Also performance is a bit slow compared with 8100, 8320 & 8820.
    04-28-09 03:29 PM
    My only concern would be that I know with normal flip phones, the connections between the top and bottom pieces can sometimes become worn or malfunctioning inside the housing. I'm not sure if being a Blackberry would affect or change that at all. If you know anyone who has one, you could ask them. Otherwise, Google and see if anyone's had any specific problems.
    04-30-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD