that ATT has bought a section of Verzion.....

Verizon Wireless customers in the 79 markets that AT&T acquired are being alerted that they will soon be AT&T customers. A welcoming letter detailing the initial phase of the transition is being sent out to this lucky group of Verizon Wireless subscribers and one of our readers was kind enough to share the letter with us. The letter confirms that AT&T is activating its service on a market-by-market basis and is working on integrating the two disparate networks. Once integration is complete, AT&T will transition customers over to its service, plans, and handsets shortly thereafter. In a bit of irony, these Big Red customers will be the first to have an iPhone 4. Any Verizon Wireless customers a bit jealous?
    AT&T begins transition of acquired Verizon Wireless assets � Boy Genius Report
    07-23-10 07:41 AM
    :| I stongly dislike AT&T....
    07-23-10 08:17 AM
    Well this is not cool. So the customers dont even get an option, its just bam now your att customers. Id be angry.
    07-23-10 08:18 AM
    Sounds like ETF waiver material to me.

Really sucks if Verizon had really strong service there.
    07-23-10 08:36 AM
    Sounds like the finalization of the AllTel conversion. AllTel had GSM and CDMA regions. I think I remember that in order for Verizon to acquire AllTel, they had to sell off the GSM regions.

So, if this is part of that merger, then this really isn't that big of a deal.
    07-23-10 09:35 AM
    Tmobile! Wooooo!
    07-23-10 10:14 AM
    07-23-10 11:02 AM
    I feel very sorry for those affected...wow, talk about a "kill my day" experience!
    07-23-10 11:20 AM
    Sounds like the finalization of the AllTel conversion. AllTel had GSM and CDMA regions. I think I remember that in order for Verizon to acquire AllTel, they had to sell off the GSM regions.

So, if this is part of that merger, then this really isn't that big of a deal.
    There's more to it then that, In order for the merger between Verizon,and Alltel to be approved. They had to agree to divest areas in markets in which both companies owned the cellular licenses, Regardless of CDMA or GSM.
    07-23-10 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD