I'm guessing this is a t-mobile thing, but I have run all the different memory cleaning techniques. But I can't quite figure out how to delete "Handango in hand". Can anyone give me a helping hand?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 01:31 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications

If you find it in that list, highlight it, press the Blackberry button, then delete
    06-24-08 02:46 AM
    ^^ correct^^ and the easiest..you can also delete it in the DM
    06-24-08 04:00 AM
    Its not in either of those..
    06-24-08 11:00 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications

After you get this far click the menu button and select modules it shoould be in there.
    06-24-08 11:02 AM
    Have you tried deleting it through the DM with the Application Loader? If the above techniques do not work, this should.
    06-24-08 11:41 AM
    You may have already "deleted it" and you just need to do a battery pull to finalize the un-install. This will remove all of the traces leftover from the app, including Home Screen icons
    06-24-08 11:44 AM
    Does it have to be a battery pull? Would a hard reset work in some cases?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 04:17 PM
    Try doing this through Desktop Manager and use Application Loader to see if this app can be removed that way.
    06-24-08 04:21 PM
    I have the same problem. I deleted Facebook through options>advanced options>applications and the icon is still on my home screen... I cannot get rid of it!
    06-25-08 04:27 AM
    You don't need to do a battery pull after deleting an application.... don't know why people perpetuate these myths.

When you delete an application, all traces of it are removed from memory, including an persistent store associated with the application. If this does not happen, there is something very wrong with your Berry.

First, what makes you believe that you have not deleted it? Do you still have an icon for it? If so, what happens when you click on the icon? Does the program still run?

Second, what OS are you running, and what model BB?
    06-25-08 05:31 AM
    its in the service books
    delete it there
    06-25-08 08:33 AM
    You don't need to do a battery pull after deleting an application.... don't know why people perpetuate these myths.

When you delete an application, all traces of it are removed from memory, including an persistent store associated with the application. If this does not happen, there is something very wrong with your Berry.

First, what makes you believe that you have not deleted it? Do you still have an icon for it? If so, what happens when you click on the icon? Does the program still run?

Second, what OS are you running, and what model BB?
    Sorry, Patrick God. You do not have to be smug about it... I was not attempting to "perpetuate any myths" as you would like to say. Rather, I was relaying my experience with a similar issue!!

When I uninstalled apps in the past, my Berry has prompted for a reset (some applications do not). I found that sometimes the icon would remain... so doing a hard reset or a battery pull helped my situation.

That was only a possible solution, not a definite end-all-be-all solution for everything!
    06-25-08 08:39 AM
    I agree with Mcclure. This is a place where people, some tech folks, some not even close come together to try and help people through their problems with their blackberries. Will a battery pull HURT the device?? SURE DOESN'T! So what's the harm in trying it if he's already deleted an app and hasn't seen the full results of his process--there isn't any. Except to somehow harm your ego or dignity in being the all knowing blackberry god and putting the rest of us in here down.

Why not just take it easy on us eh Patrick?
    06-25-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD