I don't put people on hold, let alone force feed them my taste in music. Doing that would be a little too "my CS skills are p00p" for my liking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 05:36 AM
    I'm surprised we can't stream from shoutcast. This was something I enjoyed on my Sidekick. But, Slacker, Pandora, & Flycast pretty much make up for it .
    01-12-10 08:41 AM
    You can with 3rd party software. My BB is updating right now; so, I can't confirm the name. I believe it's Alarm Pro Plus - found in the CB store about 2 years ago. Is one of the best apps on my phone.
    I meant BBSmart Alarms Pro.
    01-12-10 09:52 AM
    Ooh, I know. I wish I can close applications from the switcher. It's pretty annoying having to go into each application to close them sometimes when I have a bunch open.
    I agree with this one! Frustrating for sure
    01-12-10 10:37 AM
    if that sort of thing frustrates you, I suggest therapy
    01-12-10 11:19 AM
    Receive bluetooth files without having to select 'receive using bluetooth'. Even if it was just for trusted paired devices. It's more of an minor annoyance than anything else.

01-12-10 03:56 PM
    im surprised a bb cant do a regular pptp vpn connection
    01-12-10 04:12 PM
    Another thing: I wish BlackBerries weren't so restrictive over how much control has over the device if the user allows it. For instance, there doesn't seem to be a way for a flashlight app to use the camera flash. The only thing that comes close is an app that boots up the video camera. Another example is how QuickLaunch cannot actually toggle BlueTooth, but rather emulate user input to toggle BlueTooth through the menus. It would be nice if apps had greater control in this regard; but again, only with full permission from the user of course.

01-12-10 06:55 PM
    Have threaded SMS without a 3rd party app. Add phone numbers to an address book, where you tell it where to save it under.

Release 5.0 to all of blackberry land.
    01-12-10 10:29 PM
    I'm surprised you can't mass move photos from your phone.
    01-12-10 11:02 PM
    Surprised it can't compose html emails.
    Surprised it can't categorize calendar entries; ie 'personal' and 'business'

01-13-10 02:02 AM
    My friend, this thread will for sure at least reach five pages with answers...
    LOL No doubt! :-)
    01-13-10 03:54 AM
    Wow, many good things brought up. Definitely made my mind tingle. The real question now though is...Does RIM know/is aware of the kind of things we all wish our phones could do? Many of them I see no reason as to why we can't have, other than the fact someone has decided for us it is something we can't do, lol..

hmmm?
    01-14-10 02:29 AM
    Blackberry like most Smartphones are essentialy computers.

Therfore most of the suggestions here the blackberry CAN do, its just there hasnt been a program yet written to do it.
    01-14-10 09:37 AM
    Phail! The OP wasn't talking "intially" about recording conversations... it was talking about "music on hold" being customizable from the phone itself. Thanks for playing though...
    Original post aside...it doesn't change the fact that blackberries should be able to record both sides of the phonecall if they are to TRULY call themselves "Smartphones".

Dm
    01-14-10 10:21 AM
    Blackberry like most Smartphones are essentialy computers.

Therfore most of the suggestions here the blackberry CAN do, its just there hasnt been a program yet written to do it.
    Or the tightwads at RIM won't release the frickin APIs so someone can develop an app for it.

Dm
    01-14-10 10:24 AM
    Original post aside...it doesn't change the fact that blackberries should be able to record both sides of the phonecall if they are to TRULY call themselves "Smartphones".

Dm
    They probably won't implement recording for both sides because it's illegal to record phone calls of both sides unless you disclose that you may be recording them. There's a reason that CS lines for companies have an automated message- because people would probably forget to say it.

As for the music on hold thing- that could be kinda neat, but I can also see it being extremely irritating when people start setting stupid music as a hold music like they do with ringbacks. Ringback tones are unprofessional, hold music can't be anything other then elevator music otherwise that's just wrong! But how often do you put someone on hold on your bb for more then like a minute thirty seconds anyway. Thats what company phone lines are for.

To the random alarm comment- That could be kinda nice, but for the time being you can always set a ringtone that starts out with one song/tone and then changes half way through- set it to escalating so it always wakes you up eventually. Along this same line I'd love to have random background changing like on windows 7, without having to buy an app for such a lame feature. I think the only app out only works on the storm anyway? But this random background changing would probably lag the phone like ****, which it already does with a bunch of apps on it. (Tour)
    01-14-10 10:49 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD