I was thinking the other day while I was on hold on the phone and a song kept playing over and over as the hold music. I am surprised a Blackberry doesn't allow you choose a media file to play on repeat to people you put on hold while you are on the phone.

Other than record conversations, has anyone else ever thought about things they were surprised their BB could NOT do?

Blaine
    01-11-10 06:54 PM
    I was thinking the other day while I was on hold on the phone and a song kept playing over and over as the hold music. I am surprised a Blackberry doesn't allow you choose a media file to play on repeat to people you put on hold while you are on the phone.

Other than record conversations, has anyone else ever thought about things they were surprised their BB could NOT do?

Blaine
    My friend, this thread will for sure at least reach five pages with answers...
    01-11-10 07:12 PM
    I'm still wrapped in so much the phone does I can't even begin to wonder what cannot be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 07:13 PM
    Which reminds me, I wonder if there's a way to set a random MP3 file as my alarm tone... Yes, random. That way, it should have no problems waking me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 07:19 PM
    I'm surprised you can't set more than one alarm.
    01-11-10 07:25 PM
    1) Add an item from an email to the calendar
    2) Add an item from an email to the task manager
    3) Provide choices as to where to add a contact
    4) Create folders and templates in the email client
    5) Sort email by date, sender, subject
    6) Store apps to and run from the memory card
    7) Backup to and restore from the memory card
    01-11-10 08:44 PM
    customize keyboard shortcut...
    01-11-10 08:47 PM
    play decent games(iphone graphics). I hate the iPhone but it play nice games.
    01-11-10 08:48 PM
    Browse the web like my iPhone.....
    01-11-10 08:55 PM
    Hate to be the only one here playing Devil's Advocate, but can you show me another cell phone that can do this?
    01-11-10 10:24 PM
    Hate to be the only one here playing Devil's Advocate, but can you show me another cell phone that can do this?
    Do what?? .
    01-11-10 10:28 PM
    Do what?? .
    Did you read the original post?
    01-11-10 10:29 PM
    Hahaha... (got me)..... Ya, guess I just got caught up in the wish list! ((kicks own *ss)
    01-11-10 10:31 PM
    Sure you can... open calender... menu... add alarm... doesn't that count?
    01-11-10 10:34 PM
    Mine was a simple one... not a huge deal, but that's why I posted it in the "things I can't believe my bb can't do" thread instead of the "things I'm irate and will start a bunch of angry threads about"..um...thread.

Just figure it'd be easy to be able to set multiple alarms in the bb alarm since I had that poor excuse for a "smart dumb phone" which was the Instinct... and I could set unlimited alarms with that one.

It was kinda nice to have one set for the weekdays, a different one for the weekends, and one for 6pm that I could turn on if I knew I had a long day and was gonna fall asleep for a bit right when I got home and hit the couch
    01-11-10 10:35 PM
    Sure you can... open calender... menu... add alarm... doesn't that count?
    Umm.. well I guess that would work You'd have to do it for every day though wouldn't you? As opposed to just automatically having them reoccur every day if you wanted them to? I guess I never really looked into that cuz I don't use the calendar much on my bb.
    01-11-10 10:39 PM
    Umm.. well I guess that would work You'd have to do it for every day though wouldn't you? As opposed to just automatically having them reoccur every day if you wanted them to? I guess I never really looked into that cuz I don't use the calendar much on my bb.
    I think you can set the recurrence to None, Daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly..
    01-11-10 10:45 PM
    01-11-10 10:47 PM
    You can with 3rd party software. My BB is updating right now; so, I can't confirm the name. I believe it's Alarm Pro Plus - found in the CB store about 2 years ago. Is one of the best apps on my phone.
    01-11-10 10:47 PM
    My Palm Treo 650 and 700p both could record phone calls. Could also record 3 1/2 hour lectures with beautiful sound quality, too.

BlackBerry, unfortunately, fails miserably in both these functions. That's why I still have both Treos charged -- best recording devices for meetings, lectures I've ever had.
    01-11-10 10:50 PM
    I think you can set the recurrence to None, Daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly..
    Yeah I think if I was to set one for say 6Am which is when I get up on weekdays and saturday... set it to reoccur daily (although it would still go off on Sunday) and set one for Sunday for say 9am, and set it to go off weekly.

or... set a separate one for each day monday thru sat and set it to reoccur weekly so it wouldnt go off on Sunday and have the Sunday one go off every Sunday.

I think once you went in and did it all, it would work out, but I just thought it was kinda cool on the Instinct that I could just select "add alarm" over and over and set it to reoccur daily, weekly, only weekdays, only weekends, or not at all.

Maybe I will look into that 3rd party app... that would be pretty cool to have I think...

But hey, having to make sure my alarm for the morning is set correctly isn't a huge deal since there are so many things my bb DOES do that I love!
    01-11-10 10:57 PM
    The ability to link contacts with calendar entries, like I did in Agendus in the Palm TX days... without getting Agendus for BB.
    01-11-10 11:10 PM
    My Palm Treo 650 and 700p both could record phone calls. Could also record 3 1/2 hour lectures with beautiful sound quality, too.

BlackBerry, unfortunately, fails miserably in both these functions. That's why I still have both Treos charged -- best recording devices for meetings, lectures I've ever had.
    Phail! The OP wasn't talking "intially" about recording conversations... it was talking about "music on hold" being customizable from the phone itself. Thanks for playing though...
    01-12-10 12:10 AM
    Ooh, I know. I wish I can close applications from the switcher. It's pretty annoying having to go into each application to close them sometimes when I have a bunch open.
    01-12-10 12:12 AM
    Just figure it'd be easy to be able to set multiple alarms in the bb alarm since I had that poor excuse for a "smart dumb phone" which was the Instinct... and I could set unlimited alarms with that one.
    i had the same phone and this was one of my favorite features.
    01-12-10 05:29 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD