Everyone keeps talking about how the Priv is getting all this buzz but I just don't see it except when looking up BlackBerry news specifically. I hate to sound negative but honestly, if not for my recent obsession with BlackBerry and decision to finally jump ship from Windows Mobile/Phone after over a decade, I wouldn't even know about it.

I personally really do want to see it become a huge success as BlackBerry making money is the only way they can continue to develop and support OS10. That part it's self has it's own flaws as then they would likely just decide to support Android only. Still though, it's a better outlook for BB10 hopefuls than BB going under today.

Anyways because of all this, I'm trying my best to promote the Priv everywhere I go. I've made threads about it on several other tech forums and even the "Off Topic" section on an MMA forum. Yesterday at the grocery store in a crowded self checkout line, I looked over at my friend and said loudly "You hear BlackBerry is making an Android Phone?", I'm really trying everything I can to get hype around this phone. I feel like everyone else who really wants BB to succeed should too. It's just not there at the moment unless you're in that inner circle.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-29-15 01:24 PM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/android

Go through the first few pages, should see quite a bit of Priv.

Probably more, were it not for today's Nexus/Marshmallow announcement.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-29-15 09:41 PM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/android

Go through the first few pages, should see quite a bit of Priv.

Probably more, were it not for today's Nexus/Marshmallow announcement.
    Lol I stopped using Reddit when I seen they had a sub forum for "Beautiful Dead Girls".

Yeah, the Priv has it's mentions around the web. The sad reality is it's not near as big as people make it out to be though. Hopefully people can start spreading the word though and maybe it will get OG Moto Droid hype :P

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:13 AM
    OP
    Blackberry devices tend not to make big news these days.
    This had a bit of fuss when it was found to be running android but that was leaked ages ago and the hype is gone
    Pretty much the story for Blackberry in the BB10 era.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-30-15 01:33 AM
    The hype is still within the small community of people that follow news on mobile devices. There's a tendency for communities to become echo chambers where news gains a perception that it is larger because it's discussed in different places, even though it's often done by the same people in different forums.

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-30-15 05:25 AM
    What exactly did you 'Google'? There's is plenty of news, and the device is already well known. If you open up flipboard and type in 'priv', there are many stories.

Ironically, Chen's fumbling demo generated coverage from as 'low' down the main stream as Time, and NBC.

I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064014.png
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064523.png
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064534.png
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064542.png
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064639.png
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064649.png
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_064731.png

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:49 AM
    Chen's gotta snap out of that swiping habit when using a Droid, even the home-brew ones... :-)

�   Qchen, new keyboard, new leak, new life... :-)   �
    09-30-15 05:56 AM
    Actually there's lots of talk about the Priv. And the good thing is that all the big tech blogs seem to be quite amazed and curious. Even the comment sections, which usually are full of hate, are filled with users that are very interested in the device.

It's not too surprising if you ask me. Device news usually consist of yet another standard smartphone by whatever manufacturer bearing the usual specs, maybe one or the other distinguishable detail.

The Priv, however, offers quite a bit of exciting stuff. First of all, BlackBerry is new to the Android world, so that alone makes them stand out. They're known for decent hardware and a long history in the smartphone business. Secondly, they're known for security and they have emphasized that the Priv will not be your standard Android phone in terms of that.
    And thirdly, it is a slider with the (more or less) latest specs, a seemingly great camera, and most probably an awesome keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-30-15 06:02 AM
    Yeah, put BlackBerry into Google and select the News tab. It is everywhere!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 06:12 AM
    I for one am excited about the Priv, the major factor is going to be the price at launch.

As I have said along with a lot of folks on this site, I hope the folks up there in Waterloo with those fancy degrees use that space between their ears and priced the device to sell?
    09-30-15 07:54 AM
    Let's get the official unveiling date out of BlackBerry, weeks from now not good enough. Reveal a feature or two running up to it, and then get Vivek back to show how smooth it can all be! Add Google on stage along with some Enterprise users that will sign up for a few thousand phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:27 AM
    What exactly did you 'Google'? There's is plenty of news, and the device is already well known. If you open up flipboard and type in 'priv', there are many stories.

Ironically, Chen's fumbling demo generated coverage from as 'low' down the main stream as Time, and NBC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150930_064014.png 
Views:	473 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	373783

Name:	IMG_20150930_064523.png 
Views:	472 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	373784

Name:	IMG_20150930_064534.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	373785

Name:	IMG_20150930_064542.png 
Views:	470 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	373786

Name:	IMG_20150930_064639.png 
Views:	472 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	373787

Name:	IMG_20150930_064649.png 
Views:	471 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	373788

Name:	IMG_20150930_064731.png 
Views:	471 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	373789

Posted via CB10
    Lol yes, there is plenty of stuff but who googles "priv"? If you look up "Android" for example you may see on or two stories hidden at the bottom of the page. Other than that, unless you read BlackBerry news everyday it's not something you'll likely come across.

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-30-15 12:30 PM
    Lol yes, there is plenty of stuff but who googles "priv"? If you look up "Android" for example you may see on or two stories hidden at the bottom of the page. Other than that, unless you read BlackBerry news everyday it's not something you'll likely come across.

Posted via CB10
    People who hear about it will Google it. Also, if you do just Google "BlackBerry", the Priv is still the first thing that comes up:
    I'm sorry but I see nothing about the Priv except when I specifically Google "BlackBerry".-img_20150930_104212.png
    09-30-15 12:43 PM
    Anyways because of all this, I'm trying my best to promote the Priv everywhere I go. I've made threads about it on several other tech forums and even the "Off Topic" section on an MMA forum. Yesterday at the grocery store in a crowded self checkout line, I looked over at my friend and said loudly "You hear BlackBerry is making an Android Phone?", I'm really trying everything I can to get hype around this phone. I feel like everyone else who really wants BB to succeed should too. It's just not there at the moment unless you're in that inner circle.
    Let me see if I understand; you publicize a phone that has yet to be released, and one you have never seen let alone used, in public to complete strangers because you are fan of the large multi-national corporation that is going to produce it? Sounds more than a little strange to me.
    09-30-15 12:58 PM
    No more strange than spending hours on a forum about that same corporation :P

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-30-15 05:58 PM
    Let's get the official unveiling date out of BlackBerry, weeks from now not good enough. Reveal a feature or two running up to it, and then get Vivek back to show how smooth it can all be! Add Google on stage along with some Enterprise users that will sign up for a few thousand phones.

Posted via CB10
    Not to be picky, but Vivek left BlackBerry a few months back.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 06:05 PM
    The Priv, however, offers quite a bit of exciting stuff. First of all, BlackBerry is new to the Android world, so that alone makes them stand out.
    Sounds like just another Google Android smartphone from a wannabe manufacturer. Not to be negative but every announcement from BlackBerry follows the same failure to ignite strategy. By the time it releases the competitors will be another generation ahead in terms of specs.
    Coachbulldog and Y. Z. like this.
    09-30-15 06:06 PM