I have been a loyal BB user for sometime now. About 3 weeks ago I gave in to the peer pressure and purchased the HTC Thunderbolt for Verizon. The 4G speed just had me from hello.

Now that I've had the phone a couple weeks, and the honeymoon is over, I'm sorry BB that I lost my head for a minute and left you.

While the browsing speed on the 4G network is pretty nice, the Droid OS cannot hold a BB's jock when it comes to messaging.

I get 4 1/2 hours out of the battery on this phone. And that is after I did the majority of the "tweaks" to help save battery life. I'm sorry, but I won't turn off the data connectivity, I like having my emails come to me when they are sent.

I feel like the cheating spouse who just realized the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

The good news is that I only signed up for a one year contract, and I still have my Bold 9650 if this phone becomes too much of a headache.

But long story short, I am so sorry BB. I will never leave you again, will you take me back???
    04-22-11 10:42 AM
    I knew you'd come back...... . If it's only been 3 weeks, return the phone and keep ur upgrade. That was my main reason for leaving Android and coming back to BB, because i shouldn't have to tweak the **** out of my phone and install custom ROMs just to get the phone to do something it SHOULD do out of the box.
    04-22-11 10:47 AM
    *SLAP* Ok, we're even now. :P

No, but i'm sure they will accept your apology since you admitted to your mistake

I'm with you on the BB emailing. Nothing compares to the BB productivity in my opinion. I dont really notice a difference in my area with 3G so I dont really pay attention to that stuff. For me its the web browsing and emailing that I care about. The 9650 is by far the best blackberry out there. It is a beautiful device and I do miss it!
    04-22-11 10:52 AM
    Verizon switched their return policy when the iPhone came out, you only have 14 days now. So, I'm stuck with a charging cord tethered to my a$$ for the next 10 months.
    04-22-11 10:54 AM
    Verizon switched their return policy when the iPhone came out, you only have 14 days now. So, I'm stuck with a charging cord tethered to my a$$ for the next 10 months.
    Is that for ALL their devices, I know iPhone ONLY has a 2 week return policy?
    04-22-11 10:57 AM
    I believe it is on all their new smartphones...
    04-22-11 11:01 AM
    I have been a loyal BB user for sometime now. About 3 weeks ago I gave in to the peer pressure and purchased the HTC Thunderbolt for Verizon. The 4G speed just had me from hello.

Now that I've had the phone a couple weeks, and the honeymoon is over, I'm sorry BB that I lost my head for a minute and left you.

While the browsing speed on the 4G network is pretty nice, the Droid OS cannot hold a BB's jock when it comes to messaging.

I get 4 1/2 hours out of the battery on this phone. And that is after I did the majority of the "tweaks" to help save battery life. I'm sorry, but I won't turn off the data connectivity, I like having my emails come to me when they are sent.

I feel like the cheating spouse who just realized the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

The good news is that I only signed up for a one year contract, and I still have my Bold 9650 if this phone becomes too much of a headache.

But long story short, I am so sorry BB. I will never leave you again, will you take me back???
    You must be Catholic. I hear they have a lot of guilt!
    04-22-11 11:56 AM
    You said you still had your 9650...just go back to that and sell the TB on craigslist. I'd bet you get more for it than you paid.

I'm in the same boat...left BB for android but just came back. Using an 8530 but watching craigslist for a US Cellular 9650.
    04-22-11 12:08 PM
    I believe it is on all their new smartphones...
    I would call them, because I believe that's ONLY for the iPhone.
    04-22-11 12:53 PM
    Verizon also told me when I bought my 9650 a week or so ago that I had 14 days to return it...
    04-22-11 01:11 PM
    Naughty step for you for 10 minutes lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 01:17 PM
    Verizon also told me when I bought my 9650 a week or so ago that I had 14 days to return it...
    D@M, Big Red is really sticking it to their customer. Sorry to hear that.
    04-22-11 01:19 PM
    It;s a 15 day return period for all phones. That's more than enough time to decide if you don't like a phone and return it IMO.
    04-22-11 05:37 PM
    I can relate..I thought I would go with a android phone, but that only lasted about a month and now I'm back..
    04-22-11 05:52 PM
    To each his own...use what works for you.

I made the switch about a month ago and my experience has been completely opposite of yours. True the battery life is the ishts, but otherwise I find the TB far better for my needs. I just had too much trouble accessing and using websites that I need on the BB, and the Android browser has completely solved my problems. In fact, I'd say it is 98% as good as on my laptop. Also, I was running into too many occasions with BB where I couldn't view important emails and attachments. So, email and web were the two sticking points for me with BB. I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

As it turns out, I got some other bonus improvements. This phone was FAR easier to pair with my car stereo and it connects faster AND reliably every time I get in. It also boots in way less than 7 minutes, so if I do have to change the battery there is almost no downtime.

But again, it is all about what works for you. If all your email is basic and truncating isn't a problem, and your web needs are minimal, then the BB is a great choice.

I will add that it took me a week or so to.adjust, so maybe you just have not had enough time? Have you thought about an extended battery? They are only $30 right now from VZW and you might even be able to get one free if you ask nicely and explain your situation.

I will also add that I could come back to BB too, but not until they stop truncating my email and have a better web browser. I can get so much more done now!

Anyway, whatever works for you is the right decision.

04-22-11 05:58 PM
    As much as I love my BB, my experience is also almost the opposite. My battery life on the SGS is about 6 hours of constant use, which is what I was getting on my Tour (which I also used constantly). My Tour lived in a charging cradle on my desk, and in the car. My SGS does the same, so battery life is not an issue.

I was one who constantly kept getting truncated emails. I get order forms emailed to me from my website. On my BB, they would always get truncated and I would have to read them elsewhere. That issue is gone with my SGS.

Yes, I still use my BB, and it is a messaging pro. I just find I can dp more on my SGS these days. It all depends on how you use your device.
    04-22-11 11:06 PM
    I got the Atrix on a whim, having seen from my family's and friends' phones that I didn't like Android. Well, I'm keeping the phone, but only because I have another line. If I'd only had one line, the phone would have gone back.
    The battery has still not seen me through a full day. It was incredibly fast the first few days but since then I've had increasing lag. And what's with only being able to have eight or ten windows open? That is a nuisance - you're happily browsing away when you suddenly get an error that you have to close windows. Really?!!?!! Why?!!!?!?!?!? I certainly don't get that error on my Torch!!!!
    Another thing I notice is reception is not as good as my Torch - on the Metro, I can hold my Atrix and my Torch and access the internet on my Torch but not on my Atrix.
    Like I said, if I'd only had one line, the Atrix would have gone back. It's got a gorgeous display and I was amazed that I was enjoying it during the first few days. Now that the initial excitement has worn off I can see that I much, much prefer my Torch. There are those who rant against the Torch, and who scream out the superior specs (on paper) of the Atrix, but in practice, I'm seeing that my trusty, trusted, much maligned Torch is more "there" for me than the much touted Android device.
    My preference is certainly BB. I should have waited for the iPhone 5 and I think I would have been happier with it as a second device.
    Having tried all platforms except for Symbian and the Korean/Chinese platforms, my experience is that the BB platform, as criticised as it is, is much more dependable for me.
    04-23-11 06:24 AM

I made the switch about a month ago and my experience has been completely opposite of yours. True the battery life is the ishts, but otherwise I find the TB far better for my needs. I just had too much trouble accessing and using websites that I need on the BB, and the Android browser has completely solved my problems. In fact, I'd say it is 98% as good as on my laptop. Also, I was running into too many occasions with BB where I couldn't view important emails and attachments. So, email and web were the two sticking points for me with BB. I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

As it turns out, I got some other bonus improvements. This phone was FAR easier to pair with my car stereo and it connects faster AND reliably every time I get in. It also boots in way less than 7 minutes, so if I do have to change the battery there is almost no downtime.

But again, it is all about what works for you. If all your email is basic and truncating isn't a problem, and your web needs are minimal, then the BB is a great choice.

I will add that it took me a week or so to.adjust, so maybe you just have not had enough time? Have you thought about an extended battery? They are only $30 right now from VZW and you might even be able to get one free if you ask nicely and explain your situation.

I will also add that I could come back to BB too, but not until they stop truncating my email and have a better web browser. I can get so much more done now!

Thanks for this ... probably the fairest perspective from someone who prefers their Android over BB that I've seen yet. I could read opinions like this all day without feeling compelled to have to defend my choice of phone.
    04-23-11 10:12 AM
    ChuckH, how dare you use logic and reasoning? This is the smartphone debate!!! (you know I'm kidding!)

I totally agree with your reasoning and logic. Mine experience just happens to be the reverse of yours. I totally agree that Android is a great OS, but it's just not for me right now. I tried it, gave it a fair shot, and may go back to it one day. Just for now, a BB is going to be better for what I need. Yes, I'd love it if there were no truncated emails, but I know it's only going to affect me very rarely. I've found myself using my phone more for short emails, listening to audio (books, lectures, and music) as well as reading, so I really need something that's going to handle the battery beating that I give it.

So to quote ChuckH0308, "to each his own...use what works for you!" (and don't get worked up if someone else doesn't like your platform...as long as you like it, that's what counts!)

04-23-11 11:01 AM
    ChuckH, how dare you use logic and reasoning? This is the smartphone debate!!! (you know I'm kidding!)

I totally agree with your reasoning and logic. Mine experience just happens to be the reverse of yours. I totally agree that Android is a great OS, but it's just not for me right now. I tried it, gave it a fair shot, and may go back to it one day. Just for now, a BB is going to be better for what I need. Yes, I'd love it if there were no truncated emails, but I know it's only going to affect me very rarely. I've found myself using my phone more for short emails, listening to audio (books, lectures, and music) as well as reading, so I really need something that's going to handle the battery beating that I give it.

So to quote ChuckH0308, "to each his own...use what works for you!" (and don't get worked up if someone else doesn't like your platform...as long as you like it, that's what counts!)
    I've been here for over two years and I always get a kick out of the "my phone is better than your phone, you're stupid for using the _________, you should get this, you should get that, your phone sucks...." comments. Seriously, there is no perfect platform. Each person needs to determine their priorities and pick what works based on that. For me, BB worked well for the past few years, but now my needs and wants have changed, so Android is working better for me. But I'm not going to troll the BB forums and tell BB users that they are using the wrong device. It's not for me to decide.
    04-24-11 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD