I work at the mall in raleigh, and have counted sixteen people either talking on their BB or texting. I'd say on average I see anywhere from 15 to 20 people on their BB. Just wondering if you guys see the same thing? And if you do, do you ever strike up a convo based on your BB addictions? I've made several BB friends here in the mall..its a good outlet cuz a lot of people don't get it. Lol
    04-09-09 04:04 PM
    You know you're in trouble when you start seeing people in your dreams carrying BlackBerries... You've been warned.
    04-09-09 04:11 PM
    I actually saw 3 fellow Storm users in New York Penn Station today! I'm typing this from the train too tethered with my Storm! I saw MANY other BBs too, but seeing 3 other Storms surprised me a little.
    04-09-09 04:19 PM
    I see more and more people with them on my college campus, mostly Curves and Pearls.
    04-09-09 04:22 PM
    I see more and more people with them on my college campus, mostly Curves and Pearls.
    Me too, every class has em. Seen a few Storms, but mostly curves/pearls.
    04-09-09 04:32 PM
    Yeah, I go to University in a small area, and I count nearly as many blackberries as I do SEs... Most of them are 83xx or 81xx, people seem to envy me for the 8900. That being said there's a large iPhone population at my uni..
    04-09-09 04:41 PM
    Me too, every class has em. Seen a few Storms, but mostly curves/pearls.
    I think because they were out first! I've seen a few besides myself lately with Storms, and a bunch of iPhones too.
    04-09-09 04:54 PM
    I'm on a train right now on my BB, the person next to me is on his and the person in front of me is on his too. Yeah I see them all over the place!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 05:07 PM
    I know four people personally with BBs, I know one other iPhone user besides myself. If I am at an expo for business (I work in retail / trading) more than 70 percent of all phones I see are Blackberries of different types and ages, only resently saw one of the first I suppose as it still had a grayscale screen. Looked quite new though, but I'm still gonna keep my Bold... ;-)

Last edited by tyroleanarcher; 04-09-09 at 05:13 PM.
    04-09-09 05:11 PM
    I live in a small town and rarely see people with blackberries. None of my friends have them either. So no one understands why I'm so into mine.

04-09-09 05:34 PM

I agree. On my college campus sooo many students have BB's. And also many people on the trains in NYC have them as well.
    04-09-09 06:50 PM
    I work in a mall, and I see sooo many people with BB's, mostly the curve. It amazes me the most when I see the girls who don't look old enough to be in high school carrying a BB...I'm 25, and I don't really NEED one, so what does a 12/13ish year old need one for? Well, to each their own I guess. I still have yet to see anyone with the same BB I have (the at&t pink pearl with the design on the battery cover) so I guess Pinkberry is unigue
    04-09-09 09:40 PM
    RIM is going mainstream, making phones for the masses. Eventually they'll end up paying for it...

04-09-09 09:51 PM
    I guess its something new elsewhere but in Miami, I see them everywhere, lol.
    04-09-09 10:02 PM
    yeah, working for tmobile in a mall, I see a lot of blackberries lmao
    04-09-09 10:07 PM
    I see them on the rise too. But with offers like BOGO you can't pass that deal up if you were even remotely thinking about getting one. I always ask ppl whether or not they like their berries. I have even helped several ppl that were having trouble with them and just needed a lil tutorial.
    04-09-09 10:11 PM
    I see them on the rise too. But with offers like BOGO you can't pass that deal up if you were even remotely thinking about getting one. I always ask ppl whether or not they like their berries. I have even helped several ppl that were having trouble with them and just needed a lil tutorial.
    Haha, I don't know how many times I have helped people in the mall by those kiosks cause the actual reps there had no idea how to do anything on the blackberry, lol.
    04-09-09 10:23 PM
    RIM is going mainstream, making phones for the masses. Eventually they'll end up paying for it...

Care to elaborate?

04-09-09 10:53 PM
    Yeah, I see BlackBerries all day long. In my school, there's 100+ BlackBerries (nearly 10% of the students). Lots of Pearls, fair amount of Curves, few Bolds, Storms, and Flips; no 8900's yet, though. Most of us have Telus so we're on 8130's or 8330's.

Outside of school I see quite a few here. We're a city that likes to spend lots of money, so expensive cars and flashy items aren't uncommon. I'm never surprised to see someone with a Benz or BMW carrying a BlackBerry.

And we're only about 115,000 people. Gotta love our economy. :P

~Bcloutier~
    04-10-09 12:12 AM
    Pulled into a customer in Georgia last Friday. I was posting on the CB when I noticed the driver on my left was plugging his Curve in for a charge. Then the driver on my right held his up.

I've brought over 30 into the realm of BlackBerry since December. When I show them what can be done, they want one.

04-10-09 01:18 AM
    My best friend got a Curve and it was so addicting, I got one too, and our friends saw us with them, and got them too. As soon as I head to my best friend's Manhattan bound campus, ALL I see are Blackberries. :P Blackberries or iPhones, really. I feel so happy, running around with my red Curve!
    04-10-09 01:19 AM
    I know almost no-one with a BB and rarely see em floating round the IoM. That said, most of my friends have flashy dumbphones that under the hood are completely rubbish. My friends are jealous of youtube on my BB tho seeing as they cant get BB data plans.
    04-10-09 04:55 AM
    Had a guy yesterday that just got a pearl flip from tmobile in the mall. The reps didn't know enough to even set up his email for him! I spent twenty minutes setting up BIS for him (multiple accounts) and getting him set up with a microSD card so he can listen to his songs off his computer. The dude said he bought it bc it looked cool, but he was amazed at what it can do.
    04-10-09 07:56 AM
    i see mainly pearls everywhere...but a lot of people that I know with pearls tell me they will be getting a curve soon
    04-10-09 08:35 AM
    Strange, but most of the people I see/know have BlackBerry's. I've only just noticed this due to me getting a Blackberry.
    04-10-09 08:51 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD