i am so scared to apply my best screens ever screen protector to my bb! the thought of putting water on the screen, and then having it most likely drip on my bb freaks me out! what if water gets into the little holes where you put your ear to listen? im sorry, i know that so many people have had no problems, but can you tell me how? how do i not get a single drop of water on my bb?
    05-21-08 01:40 PM
    Moisten a piece of lint free cloth with water, wipe the BB and apply the protector.
    NB.. Moisten, not wet.
    05-21-08 01:47 PM
    I applied mine by dipping the BSE in water, then gently using my fingers to squeeze off extra water. I probably did get a little water in the earpiece, but it seems fine to me, and the BSE is awesome!
    05-21-08 01:51 PM
    Don't be scared, just be careful. I too dipped my BSEs in water and just made sure to shake it off a bit before applying it. There's going to be water, but just droplets, so don't worry to much about it. You actually need to make sure that there is enough water on it so that you can move it around freely and set it correctly. Too little water and it will stick right away and you won't be able to adjust it. Make sure you take your battery out and don't put it back in for a few hours. I even took a COOL hair dryer and blew inside the battery compartment for a few minutes right before I put the battery back in.

Just follow the directions on the BSE site and take your time. It turns out awesome when you do it right!
    05-21-08 02:48 PM
    well i used very very very litle water, but it is in pretty much the exact place it should be, i looks great, but what about the bubbles? i used a credit card, but there are some in the middle of the screen that wont move... will those go away, or do i have to deal with them?
    05-21-08 02:54 PM
    well i used very very very litle water, but it is in pretty much the exact place it should be, i looks great, but what about the bubbles? i used a credit card, but there are some in the middle of the screen that wont move... will those go away, or do i have to deal with them?
    If small, they should go away in a day or two as the skin shrinks. You'll be fine.
    05-21-08 03:03 PM
    if not all,most of them will go away. if they dont its easier to take than a big scratch.
    05-21-08 03:22 PM
    I was scared also buy you will be fine! It really is the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 03:23 PM
    if not all,most of them will go away. if they dont its easier to take than a big scratch.

i agree 100%! i just want it to look as good as it can.... can i put my battery back in yet? there wasnt any water on my phone driping off anywhere, i used barely any!
    05-21-08 03:38 PM
    Use the edge of an old credit card (as a squeegee) and gently get out the water bubbles - which should not be many. Also, a cotton ball can be used to remove the excess that you are pushing out from under the screen protector. As you're pushing out the excess water, use the other hand to keep the screen protector in place so that it does not move around.
    05-21-08 04:05 PM
    Mine all went away after a few days. It really is worth it long term.
    05-21-08 04:13 PM
    I learning something new.
    05-21-08 11:00 PM
    Well, I don't know... I installed mine exactly the way BSE told me to, and now, there are dark brown patches / spots all over my battery case. I presume that it's the excess water. It really does make my phone look dirty, but then again, protecting my BB from scratches is very important so I left it on.
    05-22-08 12:07 AM
    Well, I don't know... I installed mine exactly the way BSE told me to, and now, there are dark brown patches / spots all over my battery case. I presume that it's the excess water. It really does make my phone look dirty, but then again, protecting my BB from scratches is very important so I left it on.
    Sounds like bad water to me. I might be a little obsessive, but I used bottled water to do mine. I wanted to make sure that no hard water spots would be left behind...

Sorry to hear about those spots, but at least your BB won't get scratched!

05-22-08 02:35 PM
    Yep I have always used bottled water for mine in the past... I plan on doing the same when it shows up, hopefully this weekend....

But yes they have so much stuff in water these days, Out of the tap is not good.
    05-22-08 02:52 PM
    I've just got a BestSkinEver screen protector for my 8310. Do you need to use "mild liquid soap" as it says in the application instructions or will plain water just do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 06:12 AM
    I used a tiny drop of baby shampoo in slightly warm water in a soup bowl. Dissolve gently to not create bubbles in the water. Then wash your fingers well to remove most oil from fingerprints. Thoroughly moisten your fingers in the soap/water mix before handling the protector. Try remembering which side is sticky to keep it down and immerse in soap-water. Let it drip after removing to avoid excess water on device but leave sufficient water to lube and slide. Place on device and have lint free cloth/tissue to absorb water was it oozes out.

(I did this for my Creative mp3 player)

Good luck.

I found a screen protector that did not need this water solution for my BB. I canNOT remember the distributor but it was the same folks who have noreve cases in the US.
    06-04-08 11:12 AM
    i just put mine on last night...turned out great today! i had water in the earpiece too and it works fine now...just wipe it down with alcohol afterwards to get rid of residue
    06-04-08 11:51 AM
    I just applied invisible shield (From Zagg) to my curve. It comes with spray for lubrication and a squeegee. With the spray theres no worrying about water getting everywhere.

Turned out great.
    06-04-08 12:08 PM
    Never seen one of those skins, but I assume it is a vinyl material. When I worked with adhesive vinyl while I was a signmaker, we would use an exacto knife to put a very tiny hole in the bubble, then just squeeze the water or air out.

Is it an adhesive vinyl, like a sticker? I assume you are using the water to keep the vinyl from immediately sticking, in case you make a mistake. Windex works well (better than water) to allow you to reposition the vinyl in case of mistakes.
    06-04-08 12:17 PM
    Is it an adhesive vinyl, like a sticker? I assume you are using the water to keep the vinyl from immediately sticking, in case you make a mistake. Windex works well (better than water) to allow you to reposition the vinyl in case of mistakes.
    It's helicopter tape, aka racing tape or stone guard. Same stuff people put on bike frames, car bumpers, seams on race car bodies and helicopter blades.

The water+soap acts like a solvent or activator, just like regripping golf clubs. In theory, you don't even need to use water IF you line it up exactly perfectly and slap it on in exactly perfectly the right place on the first try. Humans in general can't do this too perfectly. The water lets you slide it around until perfect, then when it evaporates the glue sticks. When taping bike frames its a pretty straight top to bottom operation so you just slap it on like ordinary dry tape.

--Qfg
    06-04-08 02:05 PM
    I have a blackberry pocket case (that comes standard with purchase of the 8310), but I'm looking for something to protect the screen + metal around the earpiece as well as the metal about the camera lens on the back.
    The BSE protector seems to be the solution to my problem--
    For users who've already purchased it, does it cover these areas?
    06-04-08 02:32 PM
    I have a blackberry pocket case (that comes standard with purchase of the 8310), but I'm looking for something to protect the screen + metal around the earpiece as well as the metal about the camera lens on the back.
    Not sure, but if you are looking to only cover those areas, go to your local sign maker, bat your eyes a few times and ask it they could "pretty please" apply some clear vinyl to your screen and earpiece. They can trim the excess with an exacto knife for you.

I may actually do this this weekend. (Not bat my eyes or say pretty please, cause that would probably get me beat.)
    06-05-08 12:02 PM
    Nope. The BSE skin in back has a cutout around the flash, camera lens & its metal ring, and mirror. It won't cover those. It does cover most of the metal around the earpiece, but that hole is slightly larger than the earpiece hole itself so a little bit is exposed.

--Qfg
    06-05-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD