This is what I'm receiving

Sent: Apr 25, 2008 11:23 PM
    Subject: WVCI 1.1 1234567

WVCI 1.1 1234567

I've gotten about 5 of these SMS today not included the rest that I got within the past few days.

I tried going to Media Net to my account to shut down all of the messaging/Emailing service that I had up and running to see if it worked, it didn't. I removed a couple of applications that I had no interest in using and it didn't help the situation either.I didn't sign up on any services with my phone number other then Zannel , but this problem existed before I registered.

How can I stop the spam from occurring?

My last option is to call up my cell phones 1-800 number for customers service, which I dread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 10:41 PM
    I tried replying "Stop" "end" and "unsubscribe" without the quotes and it replied back "WV11ST295 ST+(604,"Please try again")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 10:44 PM
    i used to get those. i never figured out why but they stopped. mine would come randomly but one once each time
    04-25-08 11:05 PM
    Sign into whatever IM programs you use and sign back out, and you won't get that message anymore. It isn't spam, but has to do with the OZIM app that At&t makes us use for MSN, AIM and Yahoo. The OZIM app actually uses SMS to send and recieve messages, and if you don't sign out properly after using it on your phone it will "look" for you, and that message is a result.

Anyway, keep it simple and log into and out of any and all IM programs you use, and it should go away.

(EDIT: OZIM is also used on T-Mobile)
    04-25-08 11:06 PM
    Thank for sharing your SPAM with us, the best deal I have ever been offered was from a guy in Nigeria ...
    04-25-08 11:16 PM
    BTW, I know this works because I used to use OZIM on a different phone, and then I swapped my SIM card to my BlackBerry and instantly started getting those messages. I did some Google searching and found out exactly what I told you. I then downloaded the OZIM app to my Berry, signed in, and signed back out and they stopped right away.

You can also sign in and out from your desktop.
    04-25-08 11:35 PM
    Or the OP can follow the simple, two seconds to perform fix I mentioned, that I know works out of experience...
    04-25-08 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD