I just bought on the states a bb 8100 (Pearl), unlocked because I have to use it outside the US, the problem is I do not have the messenger installed, it did not came installed, I tried to downloaded from my phone but tells me that my device version is higher, I downladed the 4.2 desktop version and installed iy on my PC, could anyone help me install the IM on my phone through the desktop manager??

Thanks in advance
    10-04-08 12:59 PM
    I just bought on the states a bb 8100 (Pearl), unlocked because I have to use it outside the US, the problem is I do not have the messenger installed, it did not came installed, I tried to downloaded from my phone but tells me that my device version is higher, I downladed the 4.2 desktop version and installed iy on my PC, could anyone help me install the IM on my phone through the desktop manager??

Thanks in advance
    What instant messenger do you use? AIM? Yahoo?
    10-04-08 02:00 PM
    Well I am really looking to install the BBIM, I alredy have the IM of yahoo.
    10-04-08 02:10 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

BlackBerry Messenger should be installed on your Pearl, but it is possible to remove it. Check Options / Advanced Options / Applications to verify if it is present.

If it is, it will require that you have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) plan to send and receive data. The data only plans are not suitable for BBM, Email or the IM applications.

One quick way to verify, Open Browser. It it can connect to Google, then everything is good on that side.

If it passes so far, you can follow the Update procedure and replace any missing applications.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    10-04-08 02:27 PM
    Ok it seems like the browser its working properly, I checked the application and The BBIM is not on the phone, how can I install It??
    10-04-08 02:58 PM
    That is covered in the link I posted above.

Short version, install BlackBerry Desktop Manager and your Device OS. Use Application Loader to selectively install applications.

Skip step 7, it is only needed when you have existing configuration problems and want a fresh new build.
    10-04-08 03:04 PM
    I read it, honestly I am a new user did`t understand a bit, I installed the desktop version 4.2.1 but I plug the BB but I can`t see anything, I think I just downloaded the wrong program, I am downloading the 4.7 version to see if I understand something...

Thanks a lot.
    Appreciated.
    10-04-08 03:24 PM
    It is somewhat technical and the warning make it that much tougher to get to the point, but it is really not that difficult.

First thing, I hope the reference v4.7 was a typing error, there is no such version of either at present.

The similarity in version numbers has caused a lot of confusion.

In order to distinguish between them, I refer to BlackBerry Desktop Manager as v4.x, and the device OS as v4.x.xx.

The first step is to download and install BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.6. I recommend the package without Roxio Media Manager for the time being.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Second, download and install the 8100 device OS. The preferred choice is the one listed under your devices original carrier. That will be v4.2.xx.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Third, download, install and run CrackMem. This utility will automate most of the memory cleaning steps and deal with the troublesome vendor.xml file.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Four, connect your device and Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If your device PIN number is recognized, do a Backup. That will ensure everything is working correctly and save your data and settings.

Five, Start Applications Loader and select Update Applications. Select the Advanced button and you should see the full set of core applications and optional applications. Click on the selection box for BlackBerry Messenger and click on the Next button.

It will take a while, do not disconnect your device until you see the message the Update is complete.

10-04-08 04:03 PM
    Thank you very much, I`ll do my best let you Know if I get stucked.

Appreciated,
    10-04-08 04:35 PM
    When I am going to run the desktop manager in my pc it tells me that the program is not valid aplicacion for win32 don`t know what that mean??

Anyone could help??
    10-04-08 05:35 PM
    Which verison of Windows are you using?

I have not seen that warning on either Windows XP or Vista.

You can try right clicking on the icon and select "Run as administrator".
    10-04-08 05:42 PM
    Yes I have windows XP :$
    10-04-08 06:24 PM
    When you download either package, you should select Save first. After the download has finished you select Run.

That will insure there are no timeouts during the install and let you restart if any problems show up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 06:32 PM
    That is what I did, I save tha desktop but gave that error, I will downloaded again.....

Thanks
    10-04-08 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD