I know there is probably a simple solution I'm missing but can anyone tell me how to make my keyboard automaticaaly lock after a little while? And does anyone else notice that the bb does not ring very loud its hard to hear
    07-11-08 08:06 AM
    options > security options > general settings
    Enable Password and then set security timeout
    07-11-08 08:15 AM
    under options>security settings>general options you can set all your keyboard locking things there.
    You can also change the profile of you ring if you want it to be loud and it will be loud. By the way your no dumb just unfimilar with your new device give it time.
    07-11-08 08:16 AM
    Don't call yourself dumb. Everyone here was new to the device at one time.

Check the link in my sig...There's plenty of information to get you up and running. Plus, no one here has a problem with helping out a fellow " soon to be crackberry addict"

Welcome to CB!
    07-11-08 08:18 AM
    I know there is probably a simple solution I'm missing but can anyone tell me how to make my keyboard automaticaaly lock after a little while? And does anyone else notice that the bb does not ring very loud its hard to hear
    options > security options > general settings
    Enable Password and then set security timeout
    Welcome to CrackBerry!! Follow AG's advice for the keypad lock

As for the ringer... go to Profiles and select a different one! Or go to Profiles > Advanced ... hi-light desired > Menu > Edit > Change the volume, etc!

Other useful info in my sig!
    07-11-08 08:20 AM
    welcome! and you are not dumb, just not educated in the blackberry way yet. ask any question and you will have them answered. Just try a search 1st cause most thing have been answered before and so you don't get to much grief from some people.
    07-11-08 08:24 AM
    I have tried changing volume and it is still not nearly as loud as my piece of junk phone I had before it doesn't even wake me up when it rings and I kind of need it too
    07-11-08 10:23 AM
    have you went to advanced under profiles then go under phone and change volume to high.
    07-11-08 10:32 AM
    Yes maybe I'm deaf haha but ok I been searching forums and I can't find a post one how to get my mem card to work I can't format it or anything it recognizes it but does not work. Any suggestions ?
    07-11-08 11:17 AM
    go to options then to media card
    media card support: ON
    encryption mode: none
    mass storage mode support: ON

try this
    07-11-08 11:24 AM
    there is no such thing as a dumb question. welcome to CB.com. enjoy the addiction!
    07-11-08 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the info - quick question regarding the auto-lock/password:
    Where do you actually input the password? When I hit enable - I'm afraid to 'save' because I have not yet entered a password, so I don't know if I've done this or if it's automatic (like the last 4 digits of your number) or if there is another place to set the password. I'm just afraid of locking myself out then wiping everything off the phone.
    Not sure if that makes sense or not....
    07-11-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD