my seller is telling that he got 18 months warrenty at time of his purchase .and he used for 5 months now he is telling that i'm gonna get 13 months warrenty.. :/ he sent me serial number and etc. is it advisable to buy from him? and can we know the details about valid purchase of the mobile through the serial no?
    01-25-16 06:56 AM
    Warranty is for the original purchasers......
    01-25-16 07:01 AM
    BB's warranty is non-transferrable. If you weren't the original buyer, you are on your own.
    01-25-16 11:39 AM
    BB's warranty is non-transferrable. If you weren't the original buyer, you are on your own.
    Out of curiosity, if I am given from the original buyer all the details and the receipt of payment, how can BlackBerry determine if I am not the original buyer?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 12:56 PM
    They can't so you are on warranty.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 01:39 PM
    Out of curiosity, if I am given from the original buyer all the details and the receipt of payment, how can BlackBerry determine if I am not the original buyer?

Posted via CB10
    Unless you have it registered with a BBID which has your email address
    01-25-16 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just ignore that comment, you could have received the device as a gift your warranty would be honored.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 05:49 PM
    I suppose it depends on how far BB is willing to go on that particular day to check it out. Sometimes employees (of any company) only do a cursory check, and other times, they verify everything, including whether or not the phone has been used by someone else (different email or BBID).

However, officially, warranties are not transferrable. Your mileage, as always, may vary.
    smart548 likes this.
    01-25-16 08:06 PM
    I suppose it depends on how far BB is willing to go on that particular day to check it out. Sometimes employees (of any company) only do a cursory check, and other times, they verify everything, including whether or not the phone has been used by someone else (different email or BBID).

However, officially, warranties are not transferrable. Your mileage, as always, may vary.
    Also depends on where you are. I don't think this will hold any water in the EU with its 2 year iron-clad consumer warranty. Also, in Australia, the warranty liability is with the retailer of the product, so you could claim your rights with them...

Good luck, mate! :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-26-16 05:42 AM