05-10-08 01:11 PM
34 12
tools
    Now thats what I'm talking about. I think I will be "the type" of person who gets the 9000. Improved device and software. My curve which has served me well will be shelved with my record player, 8 track, Atari, and all my other older gadgets which work fine but have been replaced with something better. Oh jeez, I guess I'm just silly!
    05-08-08 02:21 PM
    Redhead step child! Thats funny. After reading all this, i don't feel so bad. Thought i was the only angry one. I posted Rim is rong for that, and folks were just telling me to wait. what u think i been doing. Come on you can only wait so long before u move on. Not at that point yet, but seeing other OS isn't helping. **** even tmobile running 4.3 for the 8120. give me that OS. Something! Now with Verizon and others getting there curves, they get a better OS. Where's the love for us who started this curve thang. I tell ya, no respect, no respect at all.
    05-08-08 03:03 PM
    please keep in mind i was not trying to be insulting to anyone, i said seems silly to me, not any particular person is silly.

cheers
    05-08-08 10:55 PM
    I know Boomer I was only kidding around
    Its all good.
    05-08-08 11:05 PM
    Still a newbie here but got a couple questions on the updates. What is the big deal? Does your BB not work well? Does it need the update to fully function? What if the hardware will not work with the software? Like putting windows vista on a pentium 3 computer. older computer newer o.s. (older phone newer o.s.) what BBs will this update work with and what miracles will perform?
    05-09-08 11:13 AM
    It's not just RIM.... Keep in mind it's the carriers as well. l
    05-09-08 12:27 PM
    Still a newbie here but got a couple questions on the updates. What is the big deal? Does your BB not work well? Does it need the update to fully function? What if the hardware will not work with the software? Like putting windows vista on a pentium 3 computer. older computer newer o.s. (older phone newer o.s.) what BBs will this update work with and what miracles will perform?
    My 8830 works great and functions well with OS 4.2.2.148 (I haven't even updated to .176). I'm one who believes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

However, from what I understand, 4.5 will allow me to download and use DataViz Docs2Go (hopefully on my BIS service). I used Docs2Go on my Treo---really liked its functions, interface, and reliability---and I want it for my BB. It adds to my abilities and productivity, which makes my clients happy.

So yes, I'm one of the people anxiously waiting for 4.5.
    05-09-08 10:03 PM
    let us all not forget that RIM is a business and like any business they are trying to become as rich as the oil barons that charge $4.00 per gallon. OS 4.5 works flawlessly/ But why put that out for free when we can add those updates individually in to other units and sell them for $200.00 each. AND we WILL pay for that. It is strategic and why they pay people hundreds of thousands of dollars to come up with moves like that. I mean listen they are not reinventing the wheel with that update so why would it be that they can develop an entirely new unit and os (9000) but cant add a few updates to an existing os?
    05-10-08 01:05 AM
    If you keep searching in google you will find the beta os 4.5 download it's out there I found it
    05-10-08 01:11 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD