Hello,

I'm new here but not to the world of handheld computing. I started with an HP200LX and then have owned about every Palm device from the original Palm Pilot to the Treo 680 and about one of each iteration of Pocket PC from the first Compaq Aero handheld to the HP 4700 and iPAQ 6945.

I finally decided that the reasons I use a handheld convergence device are: a phone, a messaging device, and email device. With Microsoft and Palm seemingly unable to perform those simple functions without many screen taps and keystrokes, I decided a switch was worthwhile. So, today, I sprung for a BB Curve. I'm new to the device and will, I'm sure, have a learning curve to deal with.

So far, I've managed to sync my contacts and calendar and set up my 5 email accounts. All I can say is, wow, what a cool little machine! You guys really are onto something and I'll be reading these forums with interest.

If you have questions about the Palm or WM devices, please feel free to post and I'll help you out anyway I can. Believe me, I know the shortcomings of both OS's.

Thanks for a cool forum,

Bill
    11-21-07 08:14 PM
    Welcome Bill! Glad you finally decided to get a REAL smartphone! J/k but not really.
    11-21-07 08:19 PM
    welcome to the crack bill...

you'll never go back...

-db
    11-21-07 08:23 PM
    welcome, you may find a lot of information from a lot of the guys here very helpful...except for berry's...j/k
    11-21-07 08:32 PM
    Welcome to the site! And to the world of BB!
    11-21-07 08:36 PM
    Welcome Eugarps to the forum! It's the best forum on the internet.........the members, administrators and mods are the nicest and most knowledgeable people you will ever have the pleasure of communicating with.

Gia
    11-21-07 08:45 PM
    Thanks, all, for the warm welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to those of you here in the States.

Best regards,

Bill
    11-21-07 08:57 PM
    Welcome, I too came from the Treo family and switched to BB about 3 years ago for the exact same reasons you did. I haven’t regretted it to this day and I’m sure I never will. Enjoy your new BB.
    11-21-07 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD