Just got my blackberry - an 8530 Curve.

I had to pay for my device upfront - so I'm a little worried about 1 thing.

I want to use it as my media device - (with podtrapper) and just some songs on shuffle deal. My needs are pretty simple.

Will it hurt it to plug and unplug the headphones alot? Anyone out there use theirs for this and have had it hold up for the long haul?

I can get a year warranty at radio shack in the next 30 days for 30$ (worth it?)

Finally - how do I clean the camera lens? I can't quite get my microfiber cloth to do anything.

Now for questions about the software - is it possible for it not to have it mark all read in the messages so I don't have to go through each one to make the red flashing light alert go off?

Opera Mini 5 seems unsuable. It jumps all over the place. I was really looking forward to using opera mini. I cannot seem to get version 4 to work either. I did get bolt running fine - any thing you guys can think of to get mini 5 running on the 8530?

Thanks!
    05-24-10 04:56 PM
    Welcome to the 8500 family. Come join the pack at BlackBerry Curve 8520/8530

Just got my blackberry - an 8530 Curve.

I had to pay for my device upfront - so I'm a little worried about 1 thing.

I want to use it as my media device - (with podtrapper) and just some songs on shuffle deal. My needs are pretty simple.

Will it hurt it to plug and unplug the headphones alot? Anyone out there use theirs for this and have had it hold up for the long haul?

I listen to music on my phone almost everyday. Apart from being stupid and dropping the phone (just happened today) when I was putting it back in my pocket after setting it to Alternative (was feeling like listening to Radiohead), no harm done becauseof music.

I can get a year warranty at radio shack in the next 30 days for 30$ (worth it?)

I'd say any BlackBerry is worthy warranty. Just not sure that is the amount you should pay. Any US user can drob in and say it the price is fair?

Finally - how do I clean the camera lens? I can't quite get my microfiber cloth to do anything.

To clean that, here is what I use:

Now for questions about the software - is it possible for it not to have it mark all read in the messages so I don't have to go through each one to make the red flashing light alert go off?

Uh? What do you mean? Well, if you want to mark all as read, select them (suing shift) Menu > Mark as Read

Opera Mini 5 seems unsuable. It jumps all over the place. I was really looking forward to using opera mini. I cannot seem to get version 4 to work either. I did get bolt running fine - any thing you guys can think of to get mini 5 running on the 8530?

Thanks!
    05-24-10 11:11 PM
    Your carrier gives a one year warranty.
    05-25-10 11:40 AM
    The easiest way to do this is scroll so you have the date highlighted in the message list, then press menu (BB key) and select "Mark Prior Read" and it will mark all the messages that fall under that date heading to be marked as read.

Welcome to CB, enjoy the Curve.
    05-25-10 01:31 PM
    Your carrier gives a one year warranty.
    But the warranty won't cover user damage.
    05-25-10 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD