10-12-08 08:29 PM
- Ok...to make a long story somewhat short:
I have already posted some of this story, but I have an additional problem. After upgrading to OS 4.5 and having an issue, I downgraded back to OS 4.3. I went back to the Blackberry site to reinstall the 4.5 OS upgrade, but Blackberry is telling me that I already have the most recent OS version. How can this be possible?
I called Verizon and I couldn't get much real help there. One of the reps I spoke to didn't even know how to work around in the BB Desktop ver. 4.6! . My main worry I have is that when Verizon does get approval to release OS 4.5, I will have a problem since it looks like my device already has it even though I know it doesn't.
Can anyone give me a hand with this? I'd love to go back up to OS 4.5, but not sure how to go about it.
Thanks in advance!10-12-08 03:54 PM
- I would suggest calling tech support, for assistance with ridding yourself of the original 4.5 OS, I know many VZW techs and they only keep up with what they have to.....also, keep in mind that if you upgraded to the 4.5OS before VZW launched their version, you may not be covered on your warrenty anymore. Sorry I wasn't too much help, I keep talking myself out of upgrading to 4.510-12-08 04:00 PM
- 10-12-08 04:23 PM
- Reed McLayRetired ModeratorThe way I understood, there was a single CS rep that advised one member to do the update. That is a long way from the carrier supporting it.
The OP has some issues, lets concentrate on getting her working again.
You need a copy of your carriers original OS package.
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
While you are waiting for it to download, use Windows / Control Panel / Programs to remove the problem BlackBerry OS. You should have just the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.
After you install install the original, Run the Desktop Manager / Applications Installer again. That should correct the problems.
Do not unplug the device until the Finished message has displayed in Applications Loader. Give it about an hour.
Once that has checked out, you can do the v4.5xx upgrade again, knowing you can roll back if you need to.
Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-12-08 at 05:16 PM.10-12-08 05:06 PM
- Jane, is your BlackBerry functioning? (it sounds like it is.) Check Verizon's online support site regarding device software to see if you get the link for the OS 4.5. It probably isn't yet released for Verizon. I just checked AT&T's site and they are still showing that 4.2.... is the most current OS. When you get that message that you're already running the most current version, it means it's the most current official version offered by Verizon. Either wait for Verizon, or try a beta/not official for Verizon version.10-12-08 05:20 PM
- Thanks for the replies. Reed, it didn't work. I still have 4.3 and am unable to upgrade to 4.5. It also was very quick which leads me to believe that either I skipped a step or it's just not meant to be. I think the whole process took around 10 minutes. This is particularly frustrating because I'm not new to computers or installing/uninstalling programs. This problem is just throwing me for a loop.
If you can think of anything else for me to try, please post it. Thanks again for your help.10-12-08 06:37 PM
- If 4.5 is installed on your computer, you should be able to get it to load with the following instructions. I am wondering, what version of 4.5 do you have. There may be a more recent one for you to download and install. Anyway, use the following to jumpstart it loading on your device.
If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file just as described above.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-12-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD