So I'm getting my Tour replaced because of the battery door and the stubborn Mute/Standby button. I currently have 5.0 on it. Do I need to downgrade before I send it back?
    12-28-09 07:53 PM
    I'm pretty sure it may void the warranty, i would just to be safe!!!
    12-28-09 08:01 PM
    Okay I will! Can anyone point me in the direction of that thread or blog post on how to downgrade?
    12-28-09 08:04 PM
    12-28-09 08:22 PM
    i have returned alot of phones with leaked os on them, I was also in this industry on the other side of things. Most likely the phone will be wiped right away when it is received and sent either back to rim or refurbished at another site. I wouldn't worry about it but Im not sure of sprints procedures since its been 3 years since I worked with them. Good luck and just download the older operating system onto your computer, run desktop manager, application loader, update software and then disconnect from the internet, and check the 4.7 software you have installed and follow the instructions
    12-28-09 10:46 PM
    I think I'm gonna "downgrade" the way I accidentaly did it before. Which was unplugging it in the middle of an OS load. It wiped the whole thing easily.
    12-29-09 08:23 AM
    I think I'm gonna "downgrade" the way I accidentaly did it before. Which was unplugging it in the middle of an OS load. It wiped the whole thing easily.
    Why not just use BBSAK and click on the "wipe device" button then reload OS? I would assume this is much safer.
    12-31-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD