...for a while.

Last week, I bought the Motorola H12 Motopure headset. There are some really great things, about this headset.

1. Volume. It's ******** loud! Most other headsets I've used have required me to turn their volume to max and I would 'still' have issues hearing properly. I, literally, have to turn the volume all the way DOWN on this one.

2. Comfort. This has got to be the most comfortable over-the-ear headset I've tried, to date.

3. A real power switch + quick-connect. No holding down of button for what seems to be an eternity to power on or off. It, also, quickly connects (less than 5 seconds) upon powering up. Really like this feature.

Cons, for this headset (from my experience, yours may differ):

Poor call quality, on other caller's end. Had a chance to use this headset in different situations, on several occasions, over the past week. I was, constantly, being told about background noise and asked to repeat myself (when there wasn't even any background noise).

That's the only con I can come up with, after a week of use.

Today (in my ongoing search for the combination of comfort and call quality), I purchased the Jabra BT8040 A2DP, multipoint headset.

Haven't really had the chance to test call quality, yet. Have tried a couple of calls so far and so far, so good. Will know more, within a week, on that.

Comfort is great...if you use the old wired headset eargels. The ones that come with the headset work. However, even when I could make it fit securely, the location of the sound hole was never aimed at my ear canal. I seem to have strange ears and cannot use the included gels the way they were designed, which causes the sound channel hole to not be aligned properly. This was easily fixed by using the old Jabra eargels (not minigels) for their old wired sets. These can be ordered, from Jabra directly, for $6.

This headset is extremely light, like the H12. Pairing was simple, yet it has the standard power button. Volume seems to be sufficient, as well. Not as loud as the H12, but not too low like other headsets I've tried.

The one thing I'm really looking forward to is streaming podcasts, at work, using a class I usb bluetooth adapter (133 ft).

I paid $99 for the H12, at Fry's Electronics. And, $79 for the BT8040 at Best Buy. It was $59, last week /cry. Must have just missed the sale.
    04-23-08 08:21 PM
    I have an old Motorola h350 that works perfect I don't get any complaints about background noise from anyone. The only con is that its a little heavy on the ear, but other than that its perfect. I think a lot of the new BT headsets don't like working with BB's very much. Hope you do well on your search for a good headset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 10:17 PM
    I was just thinking about buying the Motorola H12 Motopure. Glad I saw your post. Your report about the poor call quality made me decide not to get it as that what is most important to me.

I will check back to see how you like the Jabra BT8040 A2DP, multipoint headset.

Thanks for the tip.
    04-26-08 11:43 AM
    I was just thinking about buying the Motorola H12 Motopure. Glad I saw your post. Your report about the poor call quality made me decide not to get it as that what is most important to me.

I will check back to see how you like the Jabra BT8040 A2DP, multipoint headset.

Thanks for the tip.
    Well, I've had quite a few opportunities to test it over the remainder of the week. The call quality of the BT8040, up to this point, is excellent. Crystal clear, on both ends. This headset is a hands-down winner, for me. The only gripe I would have is the volume level being much like every other headset. For $80, I'd say this headset is a great deal.

Keep in mind that others have had better call quality, with the H12, than I've experienced. And, to be fair, I only tested for a week. I'm still going to continue testing that headset, as it's very comfortable and the volume + power switch are very nice.

Good luck, in your search!
    04-26-08 02:23 PM
    Well, I've had quite a few opportunities to test it over the remainder of the week. The call quality of the BT8040, up to this point, is excellent. Crystal clear, on both ends. This headset is a hands-down winner, for me. The only gripe I would have is the volume level being much like every other headset. For $80, I'd say this headset is a great deal.

Keep in mind that others have had better call quality, with the H12, than I've experienced. And, to be fair, I only tested for a week. I'm still going to continue testing that headset, as it's very comfortable and the volume + power switch are very nice.

Good luck, in your search!
    Thank you, Strontium. I still have two working headsets so I shouldn't even be thinking about buying a new one. I like to have a backup so I'll probably wait til one of mine gives out before I get a new one.
    04-27-08 02:40 PM
    Something about Motorola and getting complain from the other end about noise issue. When I had my Motorola, I keep getting complains about back ground noise even when I'm inside, I was even told to get rid of that blankety blank headphone. Now I'm using the Jawbone, I'm no longer being cuss at about my blue tooth headphone.
    04-28-08 07:36 PM
    I'm still searching for a Bluetooth headset or wired headset that will provide clarity when I take the top off my Jeep this summer. Once the top comes off, my BB becomes completely useless when I'm moving and I don't like having to pull over just to make a call or answer one. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    04-29-08 09:35 AM
    I just purchased the Bluetrek UFO and after a week and a half of use I'm hooked on it. It's an over the ear device that fits comfortably. The call quality is good; most people thought I was on my handset. It has noise cancellation and the volume is great. If you want a compact over the ear device for under 90.00 bucks this is it.
    04-29-08 11:13 AM
    I'm still searching for a Bluetooth headset or wired headset that will provide clarity when I take the top off my Jeep this summer. Once the top comes off, my BB becomes completely useless when I'm moving and I don't like having to pull over just to make a call or answer one. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    From what I've read, Jawbone is supposed to have the best noise-cancelation of them all. There is also this one:

nXZEN Wireless Bluetooth Headset featuring superior Noise Cancellation

Have not heard or read much, about that one.
    04-29-08 02:05 PM
    I still use an H500 and am determined to replace it. All the insight and info is a great help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 03:05 PM
    I'm still searching for a Bluetooth headset too.
    04-29-08 04:20 PM
    I just received my BlueAnt V12 a couple of hours ago.

Blueant V12 Bluetooth Headset - ShopCrackBerry

What I really liked about it was the LCD display. I use my BB all day (office phone is forwarded to cell) but I would rather not wear a headset the whole time I am in the office. It is nice being able to see who is calling on the headset before I put it on and answer.

The reviews I read also seemed pretty positive. I have only had it a couple of hours but the volume seems fine at half volume and from what my daughter tells me it is clear on the other end of the line. I will know more after a week of using it at work.

I was half expecting it to be bulky with the LCD but it feels light and is barely noticeable. I am a noob to Bluetooth though and this is my first headset, we will see after some time if that changes.

So far I am pretty happy with it and would recommend it to others...
    04-29-08 04:29 PM
    Blue Ant Z9. The best bluetooth earpiece I have used. I had a jawbone and the sound was great but the fit was lousy. I could never get the fit right.

The blue ant z9 is so small and light you don';t even feel it, and the sound is just as good as with the jawbone.
    04-29-08 08:55 PM
    From what I've read, Jawbone is supposed to have the best noise-cancelation of them all. There is also this one:

nXZEN Wireless Bluetooth Headset featuring superior Noise Cancellation

Have not heard or read much, about that one.
    Thanks. That looks interesting. I guess I'll do a little more research into it and see if anyone else has tried it.
    04-30-08 09:19 AM
    Blue Ant Z9. The best bluetooth earpiece I have used. I had a jawbone and the sound was great but the fit was lousy. I could never get the fit right.

The blue ant z9 is so small and light you don';t even feel it, and the sound is just as good as with the jawbone.

What about range??? Many of us here have all complained about static when the phone and headset move beyond 2-3 ft.
    05-18-08 12:25 PM
    I have been contemplating the BlueAnt V12. I need something that provides long talk time and this one says 12 hrs which I think is fabulous.

I dont really care too much about it have an LCD screen- couldnt see it while it's on my ear anyway.

Currently, I have the Z9. Call quality is better than excellant. I havent used it much in the car with the windows down so I cant say how it sounds in that environment. Now static- I get that if I'm 5-10 feet away.

I used to have a headset that was so good I could be on a different floor of my house and there was not a bit of static- dang shame I cant remember what brand that one was.
    05-18-08 12:58 PM
    I just received my BlueAnt V12 a couple of hours ago.

Blueant V12 Bluetooth Headset - ShopCrackBerry

What I really liked about it was the LCD display. I use my BB all day (office phone is forwarded to cell) but I would rather not wear a headset the whole time I am in the office. It is nice being able to see who is calling on the headset before I put it on and answer.

The reviews I read also seemed pretty positive. I have only had it a couple of hours but the volume seems fine at half volume and from what my daughter tells me it is clear on the other end of the line. I will know more after a week of using it at work.

I was half expecting it to be bulky with the LCD but it feels light and is barely noticeable. I am a noob to Bluetooth though and this is my first headset, we will see after some time if that changes.

So far I am pretty happy with it and would recommend it to others...
    These are just a few of the BT headsets that I'ved used in the last couple of years. Please keep in mind the following comments are based on my usage and IMHO:

BlueAnt V12- 5/10: Bought two last year and had major issues- sound quality, and LCD. Since then, I've had the:
    Jawbone I - 8/10: Great sound quality for a couple of months before getting wet causing issues and the constant adjusting of earpiece because of bulkiness after a certain amount of time.

Several Moto 350, 500, and 750 - 5/10: Decent sound quality; nothing major about any of them.

Jabra 8010 - 6/10: Decent headset with constant issues regarding the Stereo sound cutting off while listening to music.

Currently using:
    Moto H12 - 6/10: Same as the previous comments as Strontium.

Ant z9 - 7/10: great sound - so far.

Purchasing:
    Jawbone II

If any of these headsets work for you great. I think the new jawbone will work fine without the added bulkiness - just don't drop it or any other headsets in a water puddle(fell out of pocket) or it's done.
    05-18-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD