Ok, so im with a family plan that had a 2 year contract that has just expired. It was a cheaper plan that totaled a bit over $100 per month for 4 phones. I am wanting to upgrade to a blackberry with unlimited text, while the other 3 phones on the plan are going to stay with the cheaper phones. However, I am not the primary phone on the plan. I don't know a lot about blackberry contracts or how the contracts are affected by already completing a 2 year contract. I was just wondering roughly how much more expensive would the monthly bill be if I would get the blackberry with unlimited text. Any information is appreciated. Thanks
    06-16-09 12:38 AM
    Call your provider and ask them.... my data plan runs about 20$/month but I have been with tmobile since they were voicestream and I qualify for lots of loyalty perks. With no perks your looking at 35$ or more
    06-16-09 12:46 AM
    What carrier are you with? I know with AT&T, only that line's contract gets extended. Should be the same with the other carriers.
    06-16-09 12:48 AM
    Who is your carrier? Check out your carrier's site for prices on BB data plans. I would recommend getting an unlimited plan. For VZW it is mandatory for every BB and is $30 additional on top of your plan. I believe ATT is the same or close to that on BIS, but def check out the site or go to the store and speak with a CSR
    06-16-09 12:49 AM
    oh yeah, forgot to mention im with alltel
    06-16-09 12:50 AM
    I was going to add, going on the website and calling in would be the best. Calling in more so if you've been with them for some time.
    06-16-09 12:51 AM
    oh yeah, forgot to mention im with alltel
    Have you been informed as to what is going to happen if you sign another contract with VZW taking over? I would def take the time and call Alltel and/or VZW and see what is going on.
    06-16-09 12:54 AM
    Ok, so im with a family plan that had a 2 year contract that has just expired. It was a cheaper plan that totaled a bit over $100 per month for 4 phones. I am wanting to upgrade to a blackberry with unlimited text, while the other 3 phones on the plan are going to stay with the cheaper phones. However, I am not the primary phone on the plan. I don't know a lot about blackberry contracts or how the contracts are affected by already completing a 2 year contract. I was just wondering roughly how much more expensive would the monthly bill be if I would get the blackberry with unlimited text. Any information is appreciated. Thanks
    Hey PI, I'm not sure where you are located but if you are in or near VA, you should consider ntelos. They have great prices on data plans. I have a BB Pearl 8130 and only pay $82 (that's with tax). My plan consist of 300 mins, unlimited texting, handset insurance, BB personal data plan. That's all!

Good luck, and hopefully you'll get a Berry soon.
    06-16-09 09:28 AM
    Don't know about your carrier but on Verizon, you're looking in the ballpark of $35-45 extra per month to have an unlimited use BB which pays for the data + texting. The varied pricing comes from any discounts you may qualify for. One of the most overlooked being place of employment.
    06-16-09 09:43 AM
    thanks a lot everybody
    06-16-09 12:38 PM
    thanks a lot everybody
    No worries! Hope everything works out!
    06-16-09 03:56 PM
    Us cell is 25$ for bb service

Too bad they can't include txt plan via a rimm service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD