Android is horrible.

Android OS drains your phone like none other. I took my phone off the charger at 6 am. Turned it off from 630 am to 730 so the battery wouldnt drain as much. At 1030 am my battery is at 39%. I was like, is this a joke?! I cant depend on my phonelasting the whole day. I close all the apps, wifi, location and somehow it manages to eat up my battery. I cant depend on this phone lasting me a whole day when i need to get things done.

Using features like panorama can be ruined by just a wind gust. I went to hawaii and couldnt do a full 360 without the wind ruining the shot and making it go wayy off.

Android spys you like none other whether you give it permission or not. Delta airlines app needed access to my contacts to work??! Are you fn kidding me? Why would they need my contacts. 75% of android apps need unnessary permissions just to function.

Waterproof? LOL! I put my s7 edge in the water for like less than 5 seconds and it stopped functioning for like 5-6 hours. Couldnt use my phone during that time. Dont try it at home kids.

Last of all. Typing is just plain horrible. Disable swype and its just plain dumb. Enable swipe, and whats the point? Putting mispellings everywhere and when i try to edit it after, its a nightmare. I literally delete the whole words and type them again just to correct them. That little magnifier thing bb uses on bb10 is genius.

All in all, android sucks. I used the top end phone on the market and not even happy. Im charging my phone 3 times a day with minimum usage. I barely use apps. Cant even get started with apple. Everyone at worn has their phone on a charger all day so thats a huge joke.
    YesAndNo and rt2567 like this.
    10-20-16 10:40 PM
    I think it varies on the phone u have. my xperia 5 gives me better battery life than my passport did.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-16 11:52 PM
    Android is horrible.

Android OS drains your phone like none other. I took my phone off the charger at 6 am. Turned it off from 630 am to 730 so the battery wouldnt drain as much. At 1030 am my battery is at 39%. I was like, is this a joke?! I cant depend on my phonelasting the whole day. I close all the apps, wifi, location and somehow it manages to eat up my battery. I cant depend on this phone lasting me a whole day when i need to get things done.

Using features like panorama can be ruined by just a wind gust. I went to hawaii and couldnt do a full 360 without the wind ruining the shot and making it go wayy off.

Android spys you like none other whether you give it permission or not. Delta airlines app needed access to my contacts to work??! Are you fn kidding me? Why would they need my contacts. 75% of android apps need unnessary permissions just to function.

Waterproof? LOL! I put my s7 edge in the water for like less than 5 seconds and it stopped functioning for like 5-6 hours. Couldnt use my phone during that time. Dont try it at home kids.

Last of all. Typing is just plain horrible. Disable swype and its just plain dumb. Enable swipe, and whats the point? Putting mispellings everywhere and when i try to edit it after, its a nightmare. I literally delete the whole words and type them again just to correct them. That little magnifier thing bb uses on bb10 is genius.

All in all, android sucks. I used the top end phone on the market and not even happy. Im charging my phone 3 times a day with minimum usage. I barely use apps. Cant even get started with apple. Everyone at worn has their phone on a charger all day so thats a huge joke.
    What entities are using up your battery?
    10-21-16 12:54 AM
    Your phone is clearly defective - the S7 Edge has a very large battery and by all accounts gives excellent battery life. It sounds to me as though you need to exchange your phone under warranty. Only exception being if your reception was so poor that your phone was constantly looking for signal and connecting/dropping off (but even then the drain sounds way too high).

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    10-21-16 12:56 AM
    Welcome back to BB10 the REAL BlackBerry.
    YesAndNo and rt2567 like this.
    10-21-16 01:01 AM
    Does Blackberry support BB10 anymore? How are you going back to BB10 if they don't?
    Android phones will drain your battery if you have Facebook and Twitter on in the background. I always is logging in and out of these applications in order to save battery. I don't have the GPS active all day long. I turn of WiFi when I leave my house because otherwise it will roam for signal and that drains the battery.
    When I do like that my battery lasts all day.
    10-21-16 07:20 AM
    First, your battery life wasn't typical. I would have done a factory reset to see if that fixed it. If not I would have gotten a warranty exchange.

Second, I'm not familiar with the delta airlines app, but does it have a feature that sends your flight information to specified people? That could be why.
    shaleem and JeepBB like this.
    10-21-16 07:28 AM
    Look at settings->battery to see what is using so much battery.
    10-21-16 07:38 AM
    the battery drain happened after your 5 sec in water? or before? if it is after, you might have leakage current somewhere in the unit (water damage). IMHO, BB10 somehow will live one way or the other, just like BeOS... Droid has some DNA from it, but somehow lost some of the good trade: fast reboot, powerful parallel processing, etc.etc. I guess try to open to all it lost control of some critical performance matrix...BB10OS story look like going the way BeOS, superior OS, due to some event that beyond the tech control, it lost its footing... just like apple select NeXT over Be. https://www.wired.com/2015/05/os-alm...erent-company/
    hopefully, BB10 with the 10.3.3 alive and well to be release soon and live for another day... still keep z10 and waiting for it.
    10-21-16 07:49 AM
    Android is horrible.

Android OS drains your phone like none other. I took my phone off the charger at 6 am. Turned it off from 630 am to 730 so the battery wouldnt drain as much. At 1030 am my battery is at 39%. I was like, is this a joke?! I cant depend on my phonelasting the whole day. I close all the apps, wifi, location and somehow it manages to eat up my battery.
    That is the fault of the android apps you install on the phone which transmit data about you, your calls, your emails, your texts, your contacts, your Web browsing, etc even when they aren't 'running'.

If you have used a blackphone in the past and managed android app permissions you see that many of them ask to launch in a headless mode on boot to carry on their spying even if you restart the phone and don't launch the app from the homescreen.

If you factory wipe your handset and get rid of the apps your battery life should get much better.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    10-21-16 08:12 AM
    Nope. My coworker next to me asked me one day how my battery was. He was experiencing the same after 1 week of getting his.
    10-21-16 08:20 AM
    I haven't checked recently but most of it says system
    10-21-16 08:21 AM
    Nope the battery was bad before that
    10-21-16 08:26 AM
    Does Blackberry support BB10 anymore? How are you going back to BB10 if they don't?
    BB is still supporting BB10, although weakly and slowly - witness the delay in 10.3.3.
    BB10 will still continue to run for quite some time, although if a person is dependent on certain apps, Whatsapp being a very popular example currently, then you may not be able to use it for long.

If a person is just doing email, text, phone and has native apps that can cover their needs, then you could be good for years.
    Even with Android apps: I have Kobo and Overdrive (for reading library books) installed - they are old versions, yes, but they have soldiered on well and are still quite usable.
    10-21-16 08:43 AM
    Glad you found what works best. I use BB10 mostly and for a certain level of privacy being a security minded BlackBerry user but there's more info about me in other people's contacts that gets permission to apps I wouldn't use. The best battery life I've ever experienced is surprisingly with iPhone 6s and that's just the regular one. It goes for days like a flip phone, granted I run it app less with only what it came with. I think the trade off in great battery is in crashes and overall bugginess. People would describe my Apples as lemons that I should do something about (multiple devices) instead of just working like they do for everyone else ootb apparently so if I'm going to play around and do things manually, it may as well be with Android and I appreciate the possibilities and freedom to manage things there. Still, BB10 takes the cake for being my preferred OS tho I get the situation and like what BlackBerry is bringing to Android even if I would have liked BB10 to receive these updates or have rather seen iOS be the one to "move to" based on my great experiences with Apple in the past. I am just fortunate to use all 3 plus enjoy Windows again on PCs and tablets. I love that my sim is back in a Z30. I get so little hassle out of BB10, especially with Q5 and Z30 . Still it kind of wears on me, and I love BB10, whenI read about improvements on BlackBerry Android +apps or how iPhone is crap for sheep mentality and see BB10 get brought into it. It used to be that BB10 is the best, to fix or update BB10 but as I've seen through options that it's not always greener elsewhere and other things like my iPhone is fantastic and would be made even better with a little "fixing" too. I like Android and think it may be a great path to choose if needed with a little more insight into it. For now, I appreciate all the work that went into and the stability of my very useful Z30 and hope that maybe someday I'll still consider that when shopping for a new device later. Not going to lie, the BlackBerry Androids are enticing to me despite BB10 being so nice too! This BlackBerry keyboard however is killing me on Android . I love it.
    10-22-16 12:59 AM
    Glad you found what works best. I use BB10 mostly and for a certain level of privacy being a security minded BlackBerry user but there's more info about me in other people's contacts that gets permission to apps I wouldn't use. The best battery life I've ever experienced is surprisingly with iPhone 6s and that's just the regular one. It goes for days like a flip phone, granted I run it app less with only what it came with. I think the trade off in great battery is in crashes and overall bugginess. People would describe my Apples as lemons that I should do something about (multiple devices) instead of just working like they do for everyone else ootb apparently so if I'm going to play around and do things manually, it may as well be with Android and I appreciate the possibilities and freedom to manage things there. Still, BB10 takes the cake for being my preferred OS tho I get the situation and like what BlackBerry is bringing to Android even if I would have liked BB10 to receive these updates or have rather seen iOS be the one to "move to" based on my great experiences with Apple in the past. I am just fortunate to use all 3 plus enjoy Windows again on PCs and tablets. I love that my sim is back in a Z30. I get so little hassle out of BB10, especially with Q5 and Z30 . Still it kind of wears on me, and I love BB10, whenI read about improvements on BlackBerry Android +apps or how iPhone is crap for sheep mentality and see BB10 get brought into it. It used to be that BB10 is the best, to fix or update BB10 but as I've seen through options that it's not always greener elsewhere and other things like my iPhone is fantastic and would be made even better with a little "fixing" too. I like Android and think it may be a great path to choose if needed with a little more insight into it. For now, I appreciate all the work that went into and the stability of my very useful Z30 and hope that maybe someday I'll still consider that when shopping for a new device later. Not going to lie, the BlackBerry Androids are enticing to me despite BB10 being so nice too! This BlackBerry keyboard however is killing me on Android . I love it.
    Ive heard about the 6s battery. I find it hard to believe though especially for days. LOL. I see people with iphones charging all day.
    10-22-16 01:58 AM
    Turn of all Google app settings. Every single one of them. Disable location tracking (except for when you need Uber or Weather update). Stick to wifi and use 2G network.

Doing this bumps up battery life by thirty percent on any android device.
    10-22-16 03:06 AM
    I have a Motorola G4, the battery is amazing... I charge this thing early in the morning to 100℅... and past 24 hours without any charge and I am still at 41℅ and I used this phone heavily.
    10-22-16 04:18 AM