I'm sure the most of u guys are familiar with the Nokia N95 smartphone.
    Well my hubby just exchanged a phone for a second hand one.
    If we talking about smartphone I beleive the Nokia is smarter than my BB flip.
    It has a built in GPS (he just downloaded Garmin a hacked app free), it has WiFi, built in InternetCalls (all he needs it a WiFi connection outside of our home since he has an account), built in text-to-speach (it announces the name of a caller), built in Radio that plays all internet station even a few from my country in Europe), the screen is turnable, built in 5Mp camera.
    There are waaay much more themes for his than mine and most of the apps are FREE. ie. the full screen caller ID. And a lot more.
    So I'm veery envy. He got a clip-on case for it fits perfectly the only problem with that it's exactly the same color (maroon)as mine. He said that was the only color. I hate his phone! Grrr
    Btw he doesn't have Data plan, the InternetCalls even works without the SIM card in.

Follow me on Twitter / krisztibi
    Last edited by krisztibi; 02-18-09 at 10:00 PM.
    02-18-09 01:33 PM
    I don't like that it doesn't have a QWERTY.
    02-18-09 06:35 PM
    sales have bin strong but its amazingly bland and pretty much unamazing, had it 6months and sold it. other contract is ending soon, upgrading to the n97 when it comes, that will go straight on to ebay, then getting a javelin to compliment the storm. that summises my nokia opinion.
    02-21-09 06:12 PM
    am a little intrigued
    02-21-09 06:18 PM
    Had the n95 last year and liked it more or less --- main problem was the juice it needed to run. Battery was barely enough to keep it running one day with MODERATE usage. If I used the 5mp camera, forget it, byebye battery.

Otherwise, pretty solid phone, I generally like Nokias and SymbianOS .. lots of support for it and free or cracked 3rd party software.
    02-21-09 09:34 PM
    Shouldn't this thread be in the 'Other Smartphone' forum?
    02-21-09 10:13 PM
    sales have bin strong but its amazingly bland and pretty much unamazing, had it 6months and sold it. other contract is ending soon, upgrading to the n97 when it comes, that will go straight on to ebay, then getting a javelin to compliment the storm. that summises my nokia opinion.
    do you know what carrier the n97 will be on?
    02-22-09 09:23 PM
    I loved my n95 when I had it last summer. I just had to pay for college. So I had to sell it. Ive been looking on a good deal on another one. I really enjoyed everything you could do with the phone.

It could never make me leave my blackberry. But it would be a cool weekend/party phone.
    02-22-09 10:09 PM
    I mean its a good phone, but its over priced for no reason
    02-22-09 10:10 PM
    I mean its a good phone, but its over priced for no reason
    When it was first released it had just about everything you could possibly fit into a phone and more.

Also, it was expensive because its unlocked most of the time and carriers don't subsidize it.
    02-22-09 10:12 PM
    most of the time, nokia's N series will not let there phones get branded like for verizon, tmobile, sprint, ATT, but some nokia phone do get branded, however I highly doubt they will ever brand the N90's series

do you know what carrier the n97 will be on?
    02-22-09 10:13 PM
    I believe it's a good phone and I was thinking about buying it myself. When I saw it in a store though, I was a little bit disappointed since it cost a lot but looked like a very boring low-to-mid end phone. I like the bling-factor of my current phone a lot.
    The N95 has some nice feature, though, especially if you focus on multimedia.
    02-23-09 01:54 AM
    Friend had one. It was alright but I'd rather stick with berry. But then again I am a berry lover at heart. N95 is a nice phone though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:45 AM
    My friend has one and before I got the berry I couldn't think of a better phone. Right now I would say that feature wise it is definitely the better phone (camera, wifi, games, symbian os) but there is something about the berry that makes it so addictive. Also I love the full keyboard.

I'm really looking forward to the new n97 though and if it is even half as good as it is hyped to be, I'll be bidding a tearful goodbye to my berry.

02-23-09 03:32 AM
    I was never really a big fan of Nokia phones.
    02-23-09 04:08 AM
    Shouldn't this thread be in the 'Other Smartphone' forum?
    Definitely not!
    Those who have "other smartphones" probably know it. But I wanted the BB users to know about it. U don't understand-it's not only a phone, it's my hubby's. I have to look at every single night for hours how he's fiddling with it. I see all the cool free apps he's putting on it.

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi
    02-23-09 06:01 PM
    Nokias a generally solid phones. My mom had it some time ago when it was first released. I didn't know you could download apps for it otherwise I wouldve tinkered with it more...

02-23-09 07:57 PM
    Also, another small thing about the n95, 96 and upcoming n97 is the slide factor. I love sliders!
    02-24-09 02:48 PM
    I think I had a Nokia phone once in my life when they brought out the first models but it never really convinced me.
    02-25-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD