I have posted this some time ago, wanted to see if there has been any advancement.

I have a BB 8330 ...

I have the need to have several email folders, but not be alerted for one of them.

For example:

Folder1 (personal emails)
    Folder2 (work emails)

I would like my phone to collect emails for both folders, but i do not want to be notified in any way of Folder2. I check emails from work, but i would like them to collect on my phone as well so occassionally i can skim through them while on subway or something ...

But if i have all those emails sitting in there all day, i will never realize i have an actual email i want to read that came into Folder1.

Does that make sense?

So for Folder2 id like to turn off notifications, and also id like it to not be counted in my "new message" count.

Folder1(personal): 2 new incoming
    Folder2(work): 35 new

I would like my little new message counter to show that i only have 2 new.

Thanks.
    05-04-09 01:48 PM
    Heres what I do. Go to messages/options/general properties scroll down to sms and email inboxes. Change it to separate. Then I went to BBM/options set "show conversations in message list" to no. Then when back on the app screen hit the menu key and hide the messages folder. Now it appears each folder has its own email count. Disable your notifications for th account in question. Only problem I have found ith hiding the messages folder in whole is when you get pin messages and dont pull your device out of the holster right away. Then you have to unhide the messages folder and get the message. Bu if you dont pin alot then it wont matter. Hope this helps.
    05-04-09 02:08 PM
    Heres what I do. Go to messages/options/general properties scroll down to sms and email inboxes. Change it to separate. Then I went to BBM/options set "show conversations in message list" to no. Then when back on the app screen hit the menu key and hide the messages folder. Now it appears each folder has its own email count. Disable your notifications for th account in question. Only problem I have found ith hiding the messages folder in whole is when you get pin messages and dont pull your device out of the holster right away. Then you have to unhide the messages folder and get the message. Bu if you dont pin alot then it wont matter. Hope this helps.
    This will help a lot, if it works .. im a bit confused, but let me try and break it down so i get it right, before i mess with my device ...

In options, set it to "Separate" for email/sms
    In options, hide BBM alerts
    menu button on Messages folder, and click "Hide"
    Disable your notifications for the account in question

The only one im not understanding is the last one i bolded ... do i menu while inside this folder? or is it within options tab somewhere?
    05-04-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD