Giving any type of praise to Blackberry Link is pure and simply blind fanboyism. It's horrible software.
    Link is trash agree with you. I was referring to remote file access. My mistake.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    04-20-15 07:07 PM
    A. Nice language.

B. If you didn't know they were features then why would you list them as features that BB10 has that iOS doesn't?

C. I have no doubt you know tons of stuff that I don't, but I know that I wouldn't get so riled up over comments in a forum about phones.
    As for the language....sorry...bad day at work and vented. Shouldn't have done that.

Didn't know they were features available on other platforms. Sure we're all entitled to be wrong once in a while

Riled up...yes...I did... sorry again. Not mature of me at all

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    donnation and playzoutside like this.
    04-20-15 07:11 PM
    As for the language....sorry...bad day at work and vented. Shouldn't have done that.

Didn't know they were features available on other platforms. Sure we're all entitled to be wrong once in a while

Riled up...yes...I did... sorry again. Not mature of me at all

Lol no problem, I've been there. My earlier comment was uncalled for too so we're even as far as I'm concerned. Cheers!
    Last edited by donnation; 04-20-15 at 08:26 PM.
    playzoutside and nuff_said like this.
    04-20-15 07:13 PM
    As far as postives, someone mentioned it above: the ability for media to continue playing while the app is minimized. I'm able to play a news video or something, and pop into my emails or into another app. It would make iOS users **** their pants at how awesome it is.

Posted via CB10
    As far iOS is concerned it's coded into the OS to stop media once it's been put to the background. There's a jailbreak tweak that allows multiple apps to run on one screen or run in the background, this includes music, videos or games.

True multitasking. But Apple purposely limits what is capable.

Here's a screen shot of said tweak in action.

Edit: not my twitter account
    04-20-15 08:33 PM
    A good universal search

Access to your cloud from the file manager

The Squircle that you can tap to move one character at the time

Super fast and easy first level multitask

Comunication triage and management in a single place

A Web browser that can keep playing media when minimized and even when the screen is off

Posted via CB10
    iOS' universal search is what it is, a universal search so I'm not sure how BB10's is better. BB's is worse since its tied to assistant now anyway.

Access to the cloud from the file manager is very good on BB10. Not having a file manager is a definite minus to iOS and something that I hate about it.

Moving one character at a time on either platform is good, and is more preference than anything else. iOS' way of doing it is very precise and although really bad in the beginning BB's has come along way is also very good now.

Multitasking is done on both.

The hub is nice and I do like having all messages in one place.

iOS's web browser can do the exact same thing, even with the screen off. If you are talking about YouTube specifically its the YouTube app that blocks it, not iOS. If you run a 3rd party Youtube app or the web app like on BB10 and want it to play in the background while exiting the screen or turning the screen off it will do that the same as on BB10 if you want it to. BB10 doesn't have a native youtube app and runs the web app just as it runs on iOS in the background. But iOS will also do the exact same thing if you want it to continue to play in the background with any web video just as an FYI.
    dean_josephson likes this.
    04-20-15 08:38 PM
    As far iOS is concerned it's coded into the OS to stop media once it's been put to the background. There's a jailbreak tweak that allows multiple apps to run on one screen or run in the background, this includes music, videos or games.

True multitasking. But Apple purposely limits what is capable.

Here's a screen shot of said tweak in action.

http://i.imgur.com/s6QCw38.jpg

Edit: not my twitter account
    Multiple media files at once, no, but why would you want 3 different pieces of audio running at the same time? If you are playing a video from the web all you have to do to keep it playing when you leave the web app is to swipe up and press play and it will continue to play while you are doing whatever else you want to do while it plays in the background.
    04-20-15 08:42 PM
    Giving any type of praise to Blackberry Link is pure and simply blind fanboyism. It's horrible software.
    define horrible to someone who has never had a problem with it
    Last edited by extisis; 04-20-15 at 09:09 PM.
    miker476 likes this.
    04-20-15 08:45 PM
    Multiple media files at once, no, but why would you want 3 different pieces of audio running at the same time? If you are playing a video from the web all you have to do to keep it playing when you leave the web app is to swipe up and press play and it will continue to play while you are doing whatever else you want to do while it plays in the background.
    True. It does limit the apps using the speakers to the app you used last. The screen shot isn't a realistic way of using the tweak but a point to show that true multitasking is capable with a tweak of the code.
    04-20-15 08:52 PM
    The "vast majority" of responses to the listings have been either justification of IOS shortcomings or attempted diminishment of unique bb10 features.

 Posted via Z10 
    Most of them have been factual and have disproven the assertions made against iOS.

It comes down to personal preference in the end. It always does.

All the major mobile platforms have their inherent strengths and weaknesses. You just have to decide which strengths you want and which weaknesses you're willing to live with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-20-15 09:23 PM
    Most of them have been factual and have disproven the assertions made against iOS.
    No, most have not

 Posted via Z10 
    04-20-15 09:40 PM
    HUB.
    Navigation sans a mechanical button.
    Multitasking.
    Blend.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    04-20-15 09:55 PM
    All phones individually tailor information to each users.
    Only BlackBerry tailors the operating system to each user:

- Automatic social media contact sourcing (searches for BBM, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles linked to phone / email).
    - Keyboard understands typing behaviour and adjusts sensor algorithm for better typing accuracy.
    - Auto-detect multiple languages in a single sentence.
    - Text scanning to adapt auto-correct / predictions to each contact and conversation thread.
    - Smart sharing, where suggested sharing channels (apps) and contacts are tailored to each conversation and application.
    - Swipe down for symbols / Swipe left to delete (virtual keyboard).
    - Application permissions to restrict hardware use / information access for certain apps (though I believe iOS does this too).

I'm sure there's more too...
    04-20-15 10:29 PM
    Besides the keyboard, hub ,file manager,touch sensitive keyboard, nearly three day battery life??

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 12:15 AM
    Apple just added nfc to their phones but it's only for Apple pay you can't use it for anything else yet

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    04-21-15 02:23 AM
    I have an ipad,... it's got no flow.. way more productive on a BlackBerry switching between apps, checking email etc. Really ios is terrible great native apps and camera but terrible os.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:39 AM
    att did lol
    The snotty factor is really going up on CrackBerry lately. More and more cynicism.
    04-21-15 06:44 AM
    Google as well. With Voice and Hangouts (and with Talk before it was replaced by Hangouts), I can make calls, send texts, video chats, etc. on any computer, be it Windows, Mac, or Linux. I've had that for 5+ years already.
    With a full file manager, internal work browser and connectivity to multiple computers, work drives and file sharing sties? 5+ years? So... when the original Nexus came out? The Samsung Craptivate? The original Desire? I don't think so... I may be wrong, but I somehow don't think I am.
    04-21-15 07:33 AM
    Ha ha ha TYPO!

Z10
    04-21-15 07:36 AM
    No, most have not

 Posted via Z10 
    Specifics, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-21-15 07:57 AM
    All phones individually tailor information to each users.
    Only BlackBerry tailors the operating system to each user:

- Automatic social media contact sourcing (searches for BBM, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles linked to phone / email).
    - Keyboard understands typing behaviour and adjusts sensor algorithm for better typing accuracy.
    - Auto-detect multiple languages in a single sentence.
    - Text scanning to adapt auto-correct / predictions to each contact and conversation thread.
    - Smart sharing, where suggested sharing channels (apps) and contacts are tailored to each conversation and application.
    - Swipe down for symbols / Swipe left to delete (virtual keyboard).
    - Application permissions to restrict hardware use / information access for certain apps (though I believe iOS does this too).

I'm sure there's more too...
    The keyboard functions you mention are from SwiftKey, which is what drives the BB10 keyboard. SwiftKey has been available for Android for years, and is available for iOS.
    04-21-15 08:09 AM
    I have an ipad,... it's got no flow.. way more productive on a BlackBerry switching between apps, checking email etc. Really ios is terrible great native apps and camera but terrible os.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know how to use gestures on your iPad?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-21-15 08:15 AM
    Do you know how to use gestures on your iPad?
    Doesn't sound like it.
    04-21-15 08:16 AM
    With a full file manager, internal work browser and connectivity to multiple computers, work drives and file sharing sties? 5+ years? So... when the original Nexus came out? The Samsung Craptivate? The original Desire? I don't think so... I may be wrong, but I somehow don't think I am.
    All of those features have been available on Android for a long time. Yes, it might require several apps, but none of these are remotely new for Android folks.
    04-21-15 10:32 AM
    Does the iPhone not have mobile hotspot capabilities?

Posted via CB10
    They do but this was more then just hotspot, I never really understood why they couldn't make a wearables when they already had a bridge in place way before other ppl.
    04-21-15 01:04 PM
    att did lol
    Rogers as well, no hotspot if your data plan on device is less then 500MB... BB bridge worked fine as a workaround
    04-21-15 01:08 PM
340 ... 34567 ...