Saving files from the browser and saving mail attachments.

Not having real estate used up on a Home button.

Security updates for older OS's.

SD cards for more space.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't even realize you couldn't save files/attachments on other platforms...that seems so basic.

And the no SD card think is an absolute joke. If anyone but Apple denied you a card slot so they could charge you an extra $100 for 8GB of storage people would go bananas. I'm not a reflexive Apple-basher, there's certainly things they do well. But the SD card thing always disgusted me.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:12 PM
    BlackBerry Link...in the sense of being able to link your phone to your home computer natively

iCloud Drive, iTunes, iOS/OS X Continuity, and Handoff

Switching between multiple languages on native keyboard while typing

iOS keyboard can switch between many keyboards, emoji, 3rd party, and multi language, with a toggle on the keyboard

Picture password or even the ability to select a password longer than four numbers

iOS can use a password longer than 4 numbers. Disable "Simple passcode" in the settings

Not sure if advanced interactions are available on an iPhone but if not then this also

iOS has lift to activate for Siri, and some interaction customizations within Accessibility like assistive touch and multitasking gestures. Certain Android manufacturers have implemented features similar to BB10 Advanced Interactions. The Moto X comes to mind.

Selecting between black or white keyboard natively

The choice of a dark keyboard was in a beta of iOS 7 or 8, but I don't know what became of it.

Native password keeper

iOS/OS X support iCloud Keychain. A cross device password keeper.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    While other platforms like Android and iOS do not have carbon copies of BB10 features, both platforms have similar features that accomplish similar tasks.
    04-19-15 06:26 PM
    BlackBerry Link...in the sense of being able to link your phone to your home computer natively

Switching between multiple languages on native keyboard while typing

Ability to restrict native apps certain accesses to parts of your phone

Picture password or even the ability to select a password longer than four numbers

Not sure if advanced interactions are available on an iPhone but if not then this also

Selecting between black or white keyboard natively

Custom quick settings

Native password keeper

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Within Mac devices and iOS the integration between devices seamless. Accepting a call, making a call, iMessage, Text Message, FaceTime, and Continuity between devices.

Switching between multiple languages and multiple keyboards on native keyboard is on iPhone.

No need for restricting apps, no malware.

Can select a password longer than just 4 numbers on iPhone

Advanced interactions available on iPhone and more customizable settings than BB10 has.

Who cares if its native, iOS gives you the ability to use multiple keyboards to whatever your liking and with a billion different colors if you want them with different settings like swype and flow. Also has the ability to resize multiple keyboards.

Has custom quick settings.

iOS has iCloud keychain. It also has 1Password which is miles above BB10's native Password keeper. And while its not native it syncs across all devices.

A lot of people have no knowledge of other platforms.
    04-19-15 06:38 PM
    Saving files from the browser and saving mail attachments.

Not having real estate used up on a Home button.

Security updates for older OS's.

SD cards for more space.

Posted via CB10
    You can do this on iOS.

Really, BB's last two devices eat up half the screen with the keyboard and toolbelt.

iPhone 4 was even updated to iOS8, but they aren't going to support older devices forever. This is normal and you will see an end of life to updates to the Z10 and Q10 before long.

SD Cards is correct, but an advantage is having the ability to not be restricted on app space by limited internal storage since you can't save apps to the sd card.
    04-19-15 06:42 PM
    Toolbelt
    04-19-15 06:52 PM
    I didn't even realize you couldn't save files/attachments on other platforms...that seems so basic.

And the no SD card think is an absolute joke. If anyone but Apple denied you a card slot so they could charge you an extra $100 for 8GB of storage people would go bananas. I'm not a reflexive Apple-basher, there's certainly things they do well. But the SD card thing always disgusted me.

Posted via CB10
    You can work with attachments on other platforms.

SD cards? Great to have, but I guess for iOS users, a good ecosystem trumps having an SD card. I'm sure folks would be equally as disgusted by the fact that we have to patch stuff to get a fraction of the same extended functionality.
    04-19-15 06:55 PM
    Blinking red light when I have a message, and unique colors for different accounts or contacts.

A native file manager to access saved email attachments (and any other files)

Simple things like holding the letter for a cap and swiping back to delete words on my z.

 Posted via Z10 
    04-19-15 07:25 PM
    SD Cards is correct, but an advantage is having the ability to not be restricted on app space by limited internal storage since you can't save apps to the sd card.
    At least you can store all your movies, pictures, music, and any other file. That sure beats using data to download these from the cloud.

 Posted via Z10 
    04-19-15 07:35 PM
    Does the iPhone not have mobile hotspot capabilities?

Posted via CB10
    Not the same. Bridge the carriers can't tell if it is not the phone that is using the data, with mobile Hotspot they know you have mobile Hotspot on and can charge you a separate line item.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-19-15 07:39 PM
    At least you can store all your movies, pictures, music, and any other file. That sure beats using data to download these from the cloud.

 Posted via Z10 
    Why do you have to download any of those from the cloud?
    04-19-15 07:50 PM
    Why do you have to download any of those from the cloud?
    You don't, I guess you could carry your computer and proprietary cable around.

 Posted via Z10 
    04-19-15 08:05 PM
    You can work with attachments on other platforms.

SD cards? Great to have, but I guess for iOS users, a good ecosystem trumps having an SD card. I'm sure folks would be equally as disgusted by the fact that we have to patch stuff to get a fraction of the same extended functionality.
    Yes, iOS (and Android) have more apps. If you asked "what's the #1 thing about BlackBerry that's worse than iOS" roughly 100% of the responses would be "app selection". But it's not an either/or thing; Android users can swap out SD cards and still have a zillion apps. BlackBerry's ecosystem is weak because they're small, Apple doesn't give you an SD slot because they're evil.

(OK they're not EVIL, just a little greedy. And they can be because they're huge and people are willing to accept some of the less-than-consumer-friendly strategies they employ.)

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:07 PM
    You don't, I guess you could carry your computer and proprietary cable around.

 Posted via Z10 
    Right because with iTunes you have to have a cable :roll eyes:. And on a BB how are you getting a movie on your phone if you aren't using a computer to transfer the file to the SD Card? So you either have to download it or I guess carry your computer around with you to transfer the file to the SD Card or does it just go on there magically?
    04-19-15 08:10 PM
    BlackBerry Travel. Nothing like it.
    04-19-15 08:16 PM
    Yes, iOS (and Android) have more apps. If you asked "what's the #1 thing about BlackBerry that's worse than iOS" roughly 100% of the responses would be "app selection". But it's not an either/or thing; Android users can swap out SD cards and still have a zillion apps. BlackBerry's ecosystem is weak because they're small, Apple doesn't give you an SD slot because they're evil.

(OK they're not EVIL, just a little greedy. And they can be because they're huge and people are willing to accept some of the less-than-consumer-friendly strategies they employ.)

Posted via CB10
    What does an SD card have to do with apps? You can't store them on an SD card so you are limited to the number of apps by the internal memory.
    04-19-15 08:16 PM
    Right because with iTunes you have to have a cable :roll eyes:. And on a BB how are you getting a movie on your phone if you aren't using a computer to transfer the file to the SD Card? So you either have to download it or I guess carry your computer around with you to transfer the file to the SD Card or does it just go on there magically?
    The point was that with an sd card, you have the memory on your phone to store these things...no additional devices, syncs, or downloads necessary when you travel, just your phone.

Do you really not see any advantage to having a slot with expandable memory, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

 Posted via Z10 
    miker476 likes this.
    04-19-15 08:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but why would folks swap out sd cards?

I like the option; I don't even use my complimentary subscriptions to Amazon Music or Play Music. I'm old school.

But, in the end, I back up my SD card every week, to personal storage and cloud storage anyway. And I always wonder why folks download one or two movies to devices. For folks like me with a lot of purchased content, it makes more sense to have a personal wireless cloud that can be accessed from several devices. In addition to cloud storage.

But, as I said in another thread earlier, even though I prefer having an SD card, I don't think it hurts device manufacturers to forego them.
    04-19-15 08:22 PM
    The point was that with an sd card, you have the memory on your phone to store these things...no additional devices, syncs, or downloads necessary when you travel, just your phone.

Do you really not see any advantage to having a slot with expandable memory, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

 Posted via Z10 
    No I definitely see the point of it I just don't understand your logic. No additional devices, syncs, or downloads necessary when you travel. So when you are traveling and want to watch a movie your don't have, what do you do? The same goes for a phone with no SD card. To get the movie to the phone or sd you have to transfer it over. No if I had a phone with 16GB and no sd card then I'd like to have one. But people who buy those don't usually have a bunch of files on their phones and just want a basic phone. Anything with 64GB or more will carry more than enough data internally or externally to keep everything you want on it.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-19-15 08:23 PM
    You could download it from anywhere. Show Box for one, free. No computer, no cable.

What does an SD card have to do with apps? You can't store them on an SD card so you are limited to the number of apps by the internal memory.
    It doesn't. I didn't say it did. That was my point. Having an SD card to store media on is a completely separate issue from app selection.

How did this thread turn into a pissing contest? Does a discussion about which things each platform does better need to turn into **** measuring? I like my Q for what it does well and I like my iPad for what it does well. It's not like wearing a Red Sox shirt with a Yankee cap, as much as we sometimes act like it is.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    04-19-15 08:27 PM
    No I definitely see the point of it I just don't understand your logic. No additional devices, syncs, or downloads necessary when you travel. So when you are traveling and want to watch a movie your don't have, what do you do? The same goes for a phone with no SD card. To get the movie to the phone or sd you have to transfer it over. No if I had a phone with 16GB and no sd card then I'd like to have one. But people who buy those don't usually have a bunch of files on their phones and just want a basic phone. Anything with 64GB or more will carry more than enough data internally or externally to keep everything you want on it.
    Yes, I can transfer as many movies as I want onto my SD card, put it in my phone and go on vacation

When I had my iPhone with the same amount of internal memory, I could not do that.

 Posted via Z10 
    miker476 likes this.
    04-19-15 08:30 PM

 Posted via Z10 
    Maximum storage on any BB10 except a Passport device is about 10 GB for apps, and 128 GB for other items with an SD card. You can buy a 128 GB iPhone. So you get 10 GB more total storage with BlackBerry's solution but much less app storage. 128 GB flash cards are about $100 so what is the difference in buying a phone with it all built in or buying a card and not being allowed to install apps on it?

Posted via CB10
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    04-19-15 08:34 PM
    Isn't bridge only for connecting your BB10 to the PlayBook?

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    04-19-15 08:40 PM
    Isn't bridge only for connecting your BB10 to the PlayBook?

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    Yes. Would be nice if they expanded it any BB10 device to another BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:47 PM
    Yes. Would be nice if they expanded it any BB10 device to another BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    So it's a feature that would wow most current BB users? LOL.
    04-19-15 09:21 PM
    Blinking red light when I have a message, and unique colors for different accounts or contacts.

A native file manager to access saved email attachments (and any other files)

Simple things like holding the letter for a cap and swiping back to delete words on my z.

 Posted via Z10 
    You're obviously referring to iOS here. Android has all these and the swipe back to delete feature is originally from SwiftKey.
    04-19-15 09:57 PM
340 1234 ...