It's not like they were super late to the game on this one.. it came with all BB10 phones, which did come out late but still.. BlackBerry (along with everyone else) has had this for many years now, kind of a moot point.

BB for Life
    And with all do respect, the Bold 9900/9930, which was a BBOS7 device, had Mobile Hot spot, I used it religiously when I used my Bold 9930!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 12:15 PM
    I didn't even realize you couldn't save files/attachments on other platforms...that seems so basic.

And the no SD card think is an absolute joke. If anyone but Apple denied you a card slot so they could charge you an extra $100 for 8GB of storage people would go bananas. I'm not a reflexive Apple-basher, there's certainly things they do well. But the SD card thing always disgusted me.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree, Apple does not support saving "Files" from the browser or from an email attachment. The only work around I had ever found to this during short stint with an iPhone was to download and use the Gmail app and the Google Drive app. Which was a major pain. BlackBerry has always been seamless in this area and that is one of the many reason I came running back to my Bold 9930, then to the Q10, the Z30 and now the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    04-26-15 12:25 PM
    No, I would suggest that it is quite watertight.

I find that people whom pay $900 for a phone find ways to justify the expense.

Posted via CB10
    Self-fulfilling observation in support your opinion.

We all justify everything we buy, even if it's just "I really want this so there." I debate paying $5 for a latte probably more than I do buying a $200 jacket for work. I wouldn't pay $5000 for a mountain bike for goofing off on weekends but I don't condemn those who do. Your evaluation of value isn't mine and mine isn't yours.
    04-26-15 02:38 PM
    Brand loyalty doesn't explain why Apple's sales and user base increases every year, despite the "high" prices. Also, often when it comes to Apple specifically, "brand loyalty" is used as a negative. If you purchase a product, and are happy with the product, and would buy that product again at the same price, why is that a bad thing? Because it's Apple? When people are the same way around here over BlackBerry, no one questions it. As others have said, brand loyal or otherwise, if a product is "overpriced" then it will not be wildly successful in the market.

Why wouldn't you buy a similarly spec'd Android handset at half the price? For one, because there is more to a device's value than the sum of its specs. To get similar performance from an Android handset, the specs need to be much higher, and top end Android handsets are not much cheaper than an iPhone, and in some cases are more expensive. Among other things, Apple offers unparalleled after-purchase support. Another? Maybe you're not deeply ingrained in Google's ecosystem, or are already in Apple's ecosystem via a Mac or iPod and iTunes, or an iPad.
    Your first sentence is incorrect. I stopped reading after that.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-26-15 03:58 PM
    Your first sentence is incorrect. I stopped reading after that.

Posted via CB10
    How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-26-15 10:50 PM
    Brand loyalty doesn't explain why Apple's sales and user base increases every year, despite the "high" prices [...] Why wouldn't you buy a similarly spec'd Android handset at half the price? [...] Maybe you're not deeply ingrained in Google's ecosystem, or are already in Apple's ecosystem via a Mac or iPod and iTunes, or an iPad.
    Brand loyalty is a prerequisite for growth, but this aside you are right.

If you spend 3,000 EUR for Mac+iPhone+iPad you can fully enjoy very good hardware, fast responding systems and all the convenience of iCloud.
    I can do pretty much the same with a Windows pc+BB 10+any tablet for half of these costs, just have to sign up Office 365 for 100 EUR/year (or any similar cloud services), but I won't argue that Apple provides an attractive package here.

What really grinds my gear is the combination Windows pc + iPhone, because you don't really get the advantages from iCloud, that was probably understandable 5-6 years ago, but in 2015 it is a bit odd.

And I sometimes see this in business:
    MS exchange server + Windows pc + iPhone + no further requirements

This combination is just totally irrational and BlackBerry did a terrible marketing job here.
    Losing market share although your solution is 50% cheaper is the best reason in the world to fire the marketing guys (or the people who decide the budgets for the marketing).
    04-27-15 03:38 AM
    How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Change "doesn't" to "does" and then it's correct.

brand loy�al�ty
    noun
    the tendency of some consumers to continue buying the same brand of goods rather than competing brands.
    04-28-15 01:47 AM
    Change "doesn't" to "does" and then it's correct.
    Lol yeah, and the point made is that brand loyalty: the tendency for some consumers to continue buying the same brand (Apple) rather than competing brands, doesn't explain how Apple's sales and user base grow every year. They pick up new customers. People who are not "continuing to buy the same brand" because they haven't bought this brand before.
    TGR1 and Eumaeus like this.
    04-28-15 05:10 PM
    Lol yeah, and the point made is that brand loyalty: the tendency for some consumers to continue buying the same brand (Apple) rather than competing brands, doesn't explain how Apple's sales and user base grow every year. They pick up new customers. People who are not "continuing to buy the same brand" because they haven't bought this brand before.
    It does, because it helps prevent the decline and jump ship attitude that gives new customers the confidence to go with an Apple along with the "my friends and family have Apples so why not get one myself". Declines are avalanches as BlackBerry can attest.
    04-28-15 07:05 PM
    Just because people are buying them in droves doesn't mean they aren't overpriced. From apples perspective they aren't but for what the consumer is getting in return for their money they are.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-28-15 07:39 PM
    Just because people are buying them in droves doesn't mean they aren't overpriced. From apples perspective they aren't but for what the consumer is getting in return for their money they are.

You can make that statement about any high priced item. One that continually sells well though keeps the price from falling if its meeting customer's expectations of what they want in a object they purchase.
    04-28-15 08:01 PM
    You can make that statement about any high priced item. One that continually sells well though keeps the price from falling if its meeting customer's expectations of what they want in a object they purchase.
    I can make that statement about lots of items. You're right. And I just did about the iPhone because it is true.

04-28-15 08:24 PM
    I wonder many things there are, stuff that only BlackBerry does, or stuff BlackBerry does better.

Take BlackBerry Bridge. If Apple introduced the ability to pair your iPhone and iPad that allowed your iPad to use your phone's data connection people would be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    Ah you mean continuity? Something that also enhances what BlackBerry brought with bridge and made it available to the computers we ALL still use?

Yet again too many of us = fans = still thinking about BlackBerry in terms of a consumer company.

In no way does Bridge make a user more productive carrying two devices using one as a slave to another when it all can be done using one device.

"If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense Originally by DJ Quick.
    04-28-15 08:29 PM

Then by this logic the Porsche Design BlackBerry devices purchasers are getting bent over horribly, because they deliver less for way more.

Just remember that with Apple you get the best app selection, best customer support and service network, and the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the business.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-28-15 08:56 PM
    Then by this logic the Porsche Design BlackBerry devices purchasers are getting bent over horribly, because they deliver less for way more.

Just remember that with Apple you get the best app selection, best customer support and service network, and the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the business.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Yes they are. Those are obviously way overpriced. Then you should pay a ton of money for an apple. It sounds like you're sold.

04-28-15 09:04 PM
    I can make that statement about lots of items. You're right. And I just did about the iPhone because it is true.

Based on your opinion. I'd argue that a lot of people feel differently or they wouldn't be willing to pay the prices they pay for iPhones.
    04-28-15 09:05 PM
    Based on your opinion. I'd argue that a lot of people feel differently or they wouldn't be willing to pay the prices they pay for iPhones.
    That's fine. Lots of people overpay for items they feel have status or that are popular with their friends. People overpay for many reasons. Feel free to do so yourself if you haven't already. Macs are over priced as well.

04-28-15 09:09 PM
    That's fine. Lots of people overpay for items they feel have status or that are popular with their friends. People overpay for many reasons. Feel free to do so yourself if you haven't already. Macs are over priced as well.

Everything is overpriced. But how much it is overpriced depends on what people are willing to pay for them.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-28-15 09:28 PM
    Everything is overpriced. But how much it is overpriced depends on what people are willing to pay for them.
    You keep saying that and I disagree. That's the perspective of a seller. But you keep saying it anyway. I don't view this the way you do. That's ok.

04-28-15 09:37 PM
    You keep saying that and I disagree. That's the perspective of a seller. But you keep saying it anyway. I don't view this the way you do. That's ok.

Uh, I stated that one time. But we can move on.
    04-29-15 04:22 AM

Being expensive, and being overpriced are two totally different things. Macs are more expensive, but in my experience they last a lot longer than a PC, and actually have gotten faster and better with software upgrades. I still have an original MacBook Air in daily service in the house, original MacBook Pro 17 too. Now if the US phone purchasing model were different, iPhone wouldn't sell as well, but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-29-15 04:42 AM

It's " true" only in your opinion because "overpriced" is highly subjective.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-29-15 08:17 AM
    "Overpriced." Hmmm. It might make more sense to say that non-Apple devices are underpriced. If a tech firm can't afford premium materials, aggressive R&D, and prime retail space, while still making a profit, they are unlikely to serve their customers well in the long term.

By charging a premium, Apple can tell its business partners (app developers, peripheral manufacturers, banks, healthcare institutions, media companies) that its customers are wealthy and likely to spend money. It is then worthwhile for those partners to allocate resources to supporting Apple's initiatives, first and best. Apple's customers, who paid more for a phone, tablet, computer, or watch than they might have paid to HTC, Samsung, or Blackberry, get in turn more and better apps, peripherals, services, and media. This is a virtuous cycle.

The Porsche Design Blackberries cost a premium, but that extra cost only buys a fancier phone. It doesn't buy a larger ecosystem. So those phones work as signs of conspicuous consumption, but they don't do much more than that. A teenager who buys a last-generation iPhone 5s, for $75 more than some HTC or Samsung, gets (a) the status of having a (sort-of) premium phone, but also (b) a lot of added value for that $75 in the form of apps, peripherals, iTunes content, and Apple Pay.

At this point, end-to-end secure communication for the enterprise is Blackberry's best hope for hardware differentiation. That is a feature that corporations might be willing to pay for, and it is something that BB can offer without having to compete on other features, ecosystem, etc. (where they cannot compete, because they are on the wrong end of the scale-economy). Under those circumstances, a Porsche Design phone would make sense… every schmuck in the company has the same phone, with the same functionality; the C-levels can show off with their fancier version of what is at heart the same phone.

(Which is precisely what Apple is doing with the watch… the $17k version does nothing that the $375 version doesn't do, except show off that you spent $17k. And everyone who buys the $17k version is subsidizing R&D that will benefit future buyers of the $375 version.)
    04-29-15 08:28 AM
    Just like the new Sprint commercials. Why do we care about saving money? Stupid rich.
    04-29-15 08:35 AM
    It's " true" only in your opinion because "overpriced" is highly subjective.
    That's why we are here. Just like I told lnichols, I think the iPhone is overpriced. You don't. That's fine.

04-29-15 10:42 AM
340 ... 11121314