I wonder many things there are, stuff that only BlackBerry does, or stuff BlackBerry does better.

Take BlackBerry Bridge. If Apple introduced the ability to pair your iPhone and iPad that allowed your iPad to use your phone's data connection people would be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:34 PM
    Does the iPhone not have mobile hotspot capabilities?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:37 PM
    Does the iPhone not have mobile hotspot capabilities?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does.
    04-19-15 01:43 PM
    I wonder many things there are, stuff that only BlackBerry does, or stuff BlackBerry does better.

Take BlackBerry Bridge. If Apple introduced the ability to pair your iPhone and iPad that allowed your iPad to use your phone's data connection people would be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    you mean like hotspot capabilities that exist on both OSs before BB had it....
    04-19-15 01:47 PM
    BlackBerry Link...in the sense of being able to link your phone to your home computer natively

Switching between multiple languages on native keyboard while typing

Ability to restrict native apps certain accesses to parts of your phone

Picture password or even the ability to select a password longer than four numbers

Not sure if advanced interactions are available on an iPhone but if not then this also

Selecting between black or white keyboard natively

Custom quick settings

Native password keeper

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    04-19-15 01:53 PM
    You mean like NFC that apple didn't have until now

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    04-19-15 01:59 PM
    you mean like hotspot capabilities that exist on both OS before BB had it....
    It's not like they were super late to the game on this one.. it came with all BB10 phones, which did come out late but still.. BlackBerry (along with everyone else) has had this for many years now, kind of a moot point.

BB for Life
    04-19-15 02:07 PM
    I'm aware most devices have Hotspot. Most carriers charge you when you use it, or you can add it for a monthly fee. Some don't allow you to use it at all. Bridge is more than just Hotspot, and it's free.

Just one example, and actually proved my point. If Apple had Bridge the media and fanboys would be sure to point out the advantages of it vs simply turning Hotspot on.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-19-15 02:37 PM
    You mean like NFC that apple didn't have until now

Posted via CB10
    Yes the NFC for use only with Apple. Pay. Another monopolistic move.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:25 PM
    I'm aware most devices have Hotspot. Most carriers charge you when you use it, or you can add it for a monthly fee. Some don't allow you to use it at all. Bridge is more than just Hotspot, and it's free.

Just one example, and actually proved my point. If Apple had Bridge the media and fanboys would be sure to point out the advantages of it vs simply turning Hotspot on.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't this just a work around though?

I know there are carriers who charge for using tethering and there have been apps that allowed you to bypass the restrictions making it look like you're using just your phones data but people have still been caught out.

It's basically tethering under a different name.
    04-19-15 03:33 PM
    Isn't this just a work around though?

I know there are carriers who charge for using tethering and there have been apps that allowed you to bypass the restrictions making it look like you're using just your phones data but people have still been caught out.

It's basically tethering under a different name.
    I suppose, but Bridge is a native BlackBerry feature, I can't imagine a carrier telling you you can't use it.

Anyway I was just looking for some examples, not really trying to start a "BlackBerry is better than X" discussion. Because really, BlackBerry needs more features that would make consumers go "that's cool, I wish my phone did that".

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:52 PM
    I suppose, but Bridge is a native BlackBerry feature, I can't imagine a carrier telling you you can't use it.

Anyway I was just looking for some examples, not really trying to start a "BlackBerry is better than X" discussion. Because really, BlackBerry needs more features that would make consumers go "that's cool, I wish my phone did that".

Posted via CB10
    att did lol
    nah.uhh, kbz1960, donemt and 4 others like this.
    04-19-15 03:56 PM
    I have a hard time telling what features iOS and Android do and don't have because the average user barely knows how to use their phone to the fullest extent.

Very often my BlackBerry ends up looking superior not because it is but because I know how to use it more than the average person. For example, keeping up with a conf call and conf call password. I haven't had to do that in years because of how well BlackBerry handles it. Competitors might do just as well but my boss sure is fumbling around for the email with the conf call info all the time. So it's hard to say if BlackBerry manages this better or if she just can't work her iPhone. I've "dazzled" iPhone users with my Hotspot before knowing full well their phone can do the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:18 PM
    att did lol
    Didn't their devices also have special firmware so that the nfc option was hidden? The devices still had the nfc battery door IIRC

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-19-15 04:33 PM
    It's not like they were super late to the game on this one.. it came with all BB10 phones, which did come out late but still.. BlackBerry (along with everyone else) has had this for many years now, kind of a moot point.

BB for Life
    By BB got it on Dec. 8 of 2011
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-19-15 04:38 PM
    att did lol
    Did they? Wow.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bridge was many times more than just using your phone to allow your tablet an internet connection.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-19-15 04:44 PM
    Did they? Wow.

Posted via CB10
    No, they didn't. They removed one or two features of Bridge but they didn't stop customers from using it.
    04-19-15 04:45 PM
    No, they didn't. They removed one or two features of Bridge but they didn't stop customers from using it.
    Didn't att stop customers from using nfc?
    I'm not an att customer, so I could be wrong. But IIRC the att 9900 did have nfc hardware that couldn't be used.
    PreTty sure they blocked bbm voice before too

04-19-15 05:00 PM
    Well they stopped them from his favorite feature in it, using your phones data connection.
    extisis likes this.
    04-19-15 05:02 PM
    Remote file access!

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    04-19-15 05:03 PM
    Oh and how about the wonderful 4.99 you had to pay. To unlock Bluetooth functionality on 2nd Gen ipod touchs. Complete BULL****

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:14 PM
    Maybe you'll have to pay to be able to utilized that nfc chip inside yer icrap. Whoops I mean IPhone. Dern auto correct!!!!

BA HA HA

Posted via CB10
    lasouthern likes this.
    04-19-15 05:17 PM
    Didn't att stop customers from using nfc?
    I'm not an att customer, so I could be wrong. But IIRC the att 9900 did have nfc hardware that couldn't be used.
    PreTty sure they blocked bbm voice before too

I didn't have NFC on my 9810, but AT&T did make "tethering" a service that had an extra fee. Many things changed a few months back for us AT&T customers. I still prefer the idea of a fully functional Bridge over a hot spot.
    donemt likes this.
    04-19-15 05:55 PM
    Saving files from the browser and saving mail attachments.

Not having real estate used up on a Home button.

Security updates for older OS's.

SD cards for more space.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:05 PM
340 123 ...