If you were BlackBerry's CEO, what are the Top 3 things you would focus on next?

Myself, it would be:

1. Prepare for the biggest, most agressive marketing campaign BlackBerry has ever produced with the launch of the A10.
    2. Improve the in-store experience, including engagement of sales reps.
    3. Perform a thorough review of CrackBerry's pre-AGM survey results with all levels of management.
    R Field and moody like this.
    07-14-13 10:55 PM
    1. Push out BBM asap
    2. Aggressively push MDM to businesses
    3. Update/improve BB10 as fast as possible making sure our products are solid, then advertise how great it is.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-14-13 11:12 PM
    1) Hire Kevin Michaluk as official spokesperson / Public Information Officer
    2) Aggressive marketing that includes FORMAL celebrity endorsements and product placement
    3) Cease production and further development (OS upgrades and such) of any devices that is more than 30 months (2.5 years) old.
    07-14-13 11:13 PM
    1 - push out 10.2 as soon as possible with new great and unique features, and enclose a central upgrade system like Apple

2 - decrease the price of the Z and Q 10 from 15%

3 - hire a more creative marketing chief and make a agressive advertising campaign with shops place improvement, TV and most see news and blogs

Posted with my Z10...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-15-13 02:08 AM
    1. New Videos for TV and Web Promotion inspired by users around the World.
    2. hire 50 good talentet dev's to make me the best apps that the users need...
    3. droping the price of the Q5 and bring it to everybody in the World to Gros my BB10 user Base
    4. bring the A10 to the World at the Same time in all colors..
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-15-13 02:16 AM
    Quit and work for Kevin at CB. Then he could work for a company that makes money.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    FantomLightning and moody like this.
    07-15-13 03:34 AM
    1- " Cash for clunkers " (Q5 for BB5 and lower)

2- advertising during World Cup in Brazil and the Olympic games

3- do business with low phone carriers

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:46 AM
    1. Get Frank moving on a new marketing campaign for the introduction of the A10 complete with REAL celebrity endorsers/ambassadors. Then work on one for BB10 in general.

2. Make sure the specs of the A10 won't be an embarrassment.

3. Pay off big name app developers to develop native apps.

4. Drastically slow down/stop production of non BB10 devices .

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-15-13 06:52 AM
    I'd do the old "think global, act local" and market like hell, but in ways that would get each particular country interested.

I'll use MY country as an example.

1. Soap operas are huge here. I don't watch tv, but they have always been (and probably always will). Have the 9pm soap opera main character rock a bloody Z10;
    2. They do have TV ads on cable. One for every 60 Samsung. One for every 30 WP8/W8. I don't think I need to say anything else;
    3. Not everyone has cable. In fact, most people that would buy a Z10 don't. They need to have ads on open TV. Prime time (oh yes, I mentioned the soaps already);
    4. The ad must show the devices for what they can do. The ads must show the people we can relate to and easily recognise using those devices. They must be funny but they have to be funny while they show what the device can do.

That would be enough to get people looking for a Z10 around here. Tying in with the guy that said World Cup/Olympics: 5. "Share the <insert sport event> excitement with the 4G LTE-ready BB #10" (but in portuguese, of couse).

That was marketing. Think global, act local. I will stop here or you guys may run out of bits...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-17-13 08:00 PM
    Dust off my resume.

Learn how to use Android.

Look for a new house, out of Canada

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    07-17-13 08:14 PM
    1. Hookers & Blow.
    2. Grey Poupon.
    3. Stay the course and don't listen to arm chair CEO's.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:35 PM
    1. shake up the marketing dept from the top down....now! Boulben and crew are completely inept

2. Get BlackBerry reps IN U.S. carrier stores, have regional supervisors drive routes and do store checks to ensure products are displayed, customer questions are being answered, etc...carriers aren't going to push BB? fine...go around them.
    they have clearly demonstrated that they have no interest in giving BlackBerry a fair shake...just read all the threads about the carrier salesman horror stories....there are many....and you're going to hinge your very existence on these carriers who, in many cases ACTIVELY steer customers away from BlackBerry?

3. have direct high-level negotiations with major corporate app developers....stop with often ridiculed REO Speedwagon covers and the "if they came to us we would send engineers to them" passive-aggressive conversations via Twitter.
    Make it happen,stop waiting for it to happen

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:32 PM
    I really like that "Cash for OS 6 or lower" idea.
    1. Steal the above idea and implement it as fast possible for a two month window and be generous about the upgrade credit.

I really liked the "Think global, Act local" marketing mission.
    2. Find product placements that influence, like daily serials, or purchase prime time adverts.

3. Upgrade the BlackBerry World device and browser interface from stratch and stress to top developers the quality of the ecosystem. Improve the whole experience and feature set in this corner.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-18-13 12:04 AM
    I'd do the old "think global, act local" and market like hell, but in ways that would get each particular country interested.
    Regional marketing is actually an excellent idea.
    07-23-13 12:05 AM
    Find a better CEO... O_o
    danprown likes this.
    07-23-13 12:08 AM
    1- Hire better programmers.
    2- Hire a new design team.
    3- Hire new marketing team.
    4- Fire the old personal.

That's the only single problem with BlackBerry.
    07-23-13 12:24 AM
    1. Slash prices
    2. Invest heavily in marketing and take control
    3. Gather existing customers opinions

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 03:25 AM
    1) Retire.

Because if I were the current CEO now it would be embarrassing that Blackberry launched a commercial for a product in the USA that didn't exist for months, crashing stock price, was delayed for over a year on a product that should have released in 2009-2010, lost customers quarter after quarter, failed to deliver promises on Playbook, released half baked products like the Z10 and Q10 with no Google maps and a Remember app that does not remind you, poor office suite management, disorganized picture locations, weak customer support (only 14 days after a product is purchased), and releases of OS versions that don't allow icloud users to check their calendar (aren't they supposed to try and steal away iPhone users?). It would be really embarrassing if I took one dime of pay during this time, too as morale is likely quite low after laying off thousands.

If I were the new CEO, I would likely fire half of the existing staff and start fresh by fixing all the stuff above. First things would be to get a free customer support group established for all Blackberry customers for one year from date of purchase, restore confidence in the products by keeping promises, and fixing all existing software issues.

I would establish a training and bonus paid to all wireless salespersons that would allow the device to have at least equal footing against far superior (both in technology and market share) devices in the marketplace today.

I would tour the USA for a few weeks (where I believe the image is tarnished the most) and meet/shake hands and be thankful to all existing Blackberry customers for their loyalty. I would stop in Best Buy and wireless stores to see firsthand what the sales personnel are saying and ask where the company could assist.

Then I would have a group of engineers work on finding a solution to better make the device work like a stand alone computer with a way to easily backup pictures and movies to a centralized storage area, improving Docs to Go to make it a full office suite, and improving the overall organization and stability of the device.

But since I don't have to worry about it, I will just watch the current management crater the company. LOL!
    07-23-13 08:26 AM
    I need more than three....

1) I'd hire Harvey Specter of Pearson-Darby to handle all of my potential buyout offers and strategic partnership opportunities. Dude is a true BOSS.

2) I'd cut my line down to FOUR phones from the rumored six. A phablet with top notch specs, the Z10, Q10, and the Q5. No compromises on specs at the top end devices.

3) BBM cross platform three years ago.

4) I'd also work on a new tablet, with great specs. This market is not dead, no matter what Heins believes.

5) Replace the entire marketing department. All of them.
    07-23-13 08:57 AM
    First things would be to get a free customer support group established for all Blackberry customers for one year from date of purchase, restore confidence in the products by keeping promises, and fixing all existing software issues.

I would establish a training and bonus paid to all wireless salespersons that would allow the device to have at least equal footing against far superior (both in technology and market share) devices in the marketplace today.

I would tour the USA for a few weeks (where I believe the image is tarnished the most) and meet/shake hands and be thankful to all existing Blackberry customers for their loyalty. I would stop in Best Buy and wireless stores to see firsthand what the sales personnel are saying and ask where the company could assist.
    I like these ideas. A lot.
    07-23-13 10:03 AM