...what 3 wishes would you ask of RIM? *Besides 1000 more wishes*
    10-23-10 12:17 PM
    High resolution touch screens on the entire product line (whether they have physical keyboards or not). Oh, and not clicky touch screens, either, but rather real, normal touch screens.

Hardware specs matching up to what year it is/competitive devices combined with ditching the idea of incremental refreshes. Technology changes fast: keep up.

Total revamp of BIS including functionality like BES where you can browse your email folders. Also, upgrade that poor wheezing ancient 286 processor based server that the internet requests from the entire world apparently get funnelled through. I.e. help clear up a lot of the latency in the system and in so doing, improve the experience.

In fact, that's the same list of wishes that, if graned, would compel me to go back to BB.
    10-23-10 12:46 PM
    my 3 Wishes would be

Well developed Open Road Map with known upgrade cycles, and predictable software upgrades/service packs.

example
    Every 20-24 Months a New Bold is Launched
    Every 20-24 Months a new Curve is Launched
    Every 20-24 Months a New Storm is Launched
    Every 20-24 Months a New Pearl is Launched
    Every 20-24 Months a New Torch is Launched
    Every 20-24 Months a New Style is Launched.
    Half way through each upgrade cycle a Software service pack is issued as a Half way point between the Software at launch, and what ever the "Next" OS is going to be, End of Life is built in from date of launch, being 3 software updates, example
    Device launched with OS 6, at the 1 year Mark 6.5 is released, at the 2 year mark 7 is released and at 7.5 that is your last software update.

I would like RIM to expand into a few More Wireless devices beyond just the Tablet and the Smartphone, I would like RIM to get into the Retail Point of Sale market building devices for Inventory Control scanning, and Credit Card/Debit Card processing, this would all integrate with a corporate BES, allowing a retail chain to have access to a Till remotely as well as expand into the Digital receipt market so you can have them PIN'd or emailed to you with the scan of a Bar Code,
    They would also expand into the GPS market, I have written about why I think a Mobile phone company like RIM could dominate the GPS market having access to both Satellite and Cell tower data

Desktop Software! I would like RIM to take this to the next stage, give me a quality contact manager, NO ONE does a good contact manager for todays mobile Market, you can have 30 contacts easily with the same Office Number, you need to be able to set a Master Contact, with sub contacts and have it sync to your phone with hierarchy as such, I think this could be done as a Standalone and as an Outlook Add-on, or build Desktop Manager INTO Outlook as an addon rather than its own software for those who want it.

For now while I am in the Car this is all I can think of, I may revise these ideas later today
    10-23-10 01:31 PM
    Infinite more wishes?

Infinite> 1000

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 02:25 PM
    Keep up with todays technology, Storm 3 to have a capacitive touch screen and not surepress, QNX OS on future BBs. If all those are full filed, I'd have no complaints about RIM.

10-23-10 03:25 PM
    1. World Peace
    2. End to World Hunger
    3. Redone Messaging that includes End to truncated messages, End to download size limits, and ability to have folders support on BIS.
    10-24-10 03:34 AM
    Um...

1) QNX
    2) 1+ GHz processor
    3) No more truncated emails...ugh!
    10-24-10 04:00 AM
    1. World Peace
    2. End to World Hunger
    3. Redone Messaging that includes End to truncated messages, End to download size limits, and ability to have folders support on BIS.
    1. World Peace
    2. End to World Hunger
    3. Browser that supports Flash.

Afterthought....styled like the 9670 but with magic to stay clean on the outside, too.
    Last edited by mrskittens; 10-25-10 at 01:54 AM. Reason: smiley! and afterthought. (sorry)
    10-24-10 08:31 AM
    1. World Peace
    2. End to World Hunger
    This x 1billion!

10-24-10 10:00 PM
    1. Absolute and overriding priority to squashing all bugs in RIM software - even if that means new versions get dropped or delayed. That's zero bugs, and zero memory leaks on all new releases.
    2. Abandon touchscreen development for phones and revert development to focus on security, productivity and practical functionality.
    3. Punish the networks which restrict OEM functionality and/or push unwanted applications to users' phones.
    10-25-10 06:27 AM
    Like what deRusset said. the whole every 20-24 months.
    Either that or just new device lines. More world phones.

Webkit with Flash Support.
    However the flass will be something that you will have to request to see. (Like
    clicking the grey area that is flash[to reduce battery drain.])

Devices that are as big as the 9700/9000 with trackpad and touch screen.

Kthxbai
    10-25-10 07:48 AM
    Three wishes?

1) Katy Perry.

okay okay, seriously now.

1) Transforming hardware. Seriously. how cool would that be? Take your 8703 and change it to a new Curve? Or the Tour? That would rule. It would be like....Phone Transformers...

2) No more truncated messages. No download limits. As was stated above xD

3) Flash support!
    10-25-10 09:13 AM
    Three wishes....

1) Kernel Support - and SU access.
    2) AD-HOC Support
    3) Hardware that wasn't made for Nintendo Game Boys.

10-25-10 09:21 AM
    1 - Rubberized tough phones that come with screen protectors (possibly waterproof)

2 - PREMIUM earbuds included with every handset, (seriously they cost about 3 dollars for RIM, i REALLY enjoyed receiving them with my Bold 9000 and when I got a 9700 I was pissed to see the standard ones and even more pissed to see a crappier pair included with my torch.)

3 - Give me my touchscreen 9780 NOW!
    11-10-10 11:18 AM
    Three wishes?

1) Katy Perry.

I'm all for that......
    11-10-10 11:44 AM
    PlayBook
    QNX Storm
    a data plan with at least 5gb, but cheaper than my current plan.

I won't hold my breath on the plan.
    11-10-10 12:03 PM
    QNX
    Touch-screen on the Style
    To be 19 again
    11-10-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD