A friend of mine has been using them for years even when others went to apple and android.. I tried it out.. I loved it's core functions as a communication device. Then after seeing the z10 iand q10 my friend had upgraded to I decided to go with a q10.. price is expensive.. but I love the new OS (got used to it with my friend's Playbook).. grant it, they didn't do well in the consumer market because of apps, marketing, being a foreign company that's been attacked in the news with negativity, etc..
    I guess I'm like a bit of a black sheep like the other person who commented. I wanted to Support the Canadian pioneers, still love their phone regardless of 'lack of apps' before the update (although the APPS are a huge convenience when it comes to certain business ones). I don't know..i like to be different and my iphone & android friends and family can go pound salt if they don't like it.

From my Q10, Waiting for OS 10.2.1 from T-Mobile
    02-12-14 07:01 PM
    This guy hit the nail on the head! Having used a Z10 for a while and then with the updated OS.. Those are the words that came to me as well..'GAME CHANGER'.. it's just got every angle covered.. and it keeps getting better and better.

From my Q10, Waiting for OS 10.2.1 from T-Mobile
    02-12-14 07:08 PM
    I'm loyal to the brand.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:26 PM
    I'm asking this question to try and clarify something;

I would like to know if those of you with a BB10 device, (referring to the first one you got) why did you get it?

How important/influential where the following factors? (also if you don't mind please include your location (just country/region is fine )

1) Price (more of a setback than a draw for some but you never know)

2) Trying out the device

3) Advertisement (what kind did you see)

4) You are a BlackBerry fan and it was their latest offering, why wouldn't you get it

5) you felt it was time for something new

Other

Did you feel that you learnt enough about BB10 from the adverts?

Or did your past with blackberry lead you to find out more?

Obviously there's a lot of q's /thoughts there, the more you answer the more helpful it will be I know a lot of you love to share so let's gather all this info together

Thank you

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    All of my answers are on a 1-10 scale:

1) 6 - I bought it for $280 off-contract in mid-September, but was planning on buying a Z10 at some point once the price got below $300 off-contract.

2) 10 - I own devices from all the modern mobile operating systems, so I wanted to check out BB10 and see how it compared to BB Tablet OS (which I like) and BB7 (which I strongly dislike) as well as iOS, Android, WP7/WP8, and BB10's original inspiration, webOS.

3) 2 - Advertising played a very minor role; price and having a decent-sized screen (4" or more) were the much bigger factors.

4) 3 - I'm not really a Blackberry fan as much as I am a smartphone fan. Additionally, I don't feel comfortable commenting on an OS unless I own it.

5) 3 - I keep my various smartphones, plus I own reasonably current iOS (Apple iPhone 5) and WP8 (Nokia Lumia 928) devices, so I didn't need something new. I did want to get a newer Blackberry device though, especially one with a modern mobile OS, unlike the (IMO) archaic BB7.

I am based in the United States and have Verizon Wireless as my carrier.
    02-12-14 08:30 PM
    Because I like having the best.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:53 PM
    Z10 on launch.

Reason:

Used windows phone since 7.0, then 7.5. I had my device for 2 years and I throughly enjoyed it. It really was a great device.

Before that my first and only blackberry was a storm. Not a great phone to get a first impression on. Disliked it quite a bit.

When windows phone 7.8 was announced my device was not going to get the update and I was ready for a new phone so I jumped ship and got a Z10.

Why?

To try something new. And I really dislike the iPhone due to the fact it's been the same thing since iPhone 3. (my personal opinion on this one).

Also I feel original/unique , I can count on one hand how many Bb10 devices I have seen people using out in public. (obviously this was not a factor when buying the phone)

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:51 PM
    I was tired of android and ios. Although, I wish I would have waited for the price to come down to earth and the product to fill out. I would love to recommend the phone to others, but not until the app situation improves and the company is on more stable footing.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 10:48 PM
    Wanted the Z10 six months before it launched. One, I really love BlackBerry. Second and more importantly, BB10 was a new fresh way of multitasking that is unmatched in my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 11:36 PM
    I'm asking this question to try and clarify something;

I would like to know if those of you with a BB10 device, (referring to the first one you got) why did you get it?

How important/influential where the following factors? (also if you don't mind please include your location (just country/region is fine )

1) Price (more of a setback than a draw for some but you never know)

2) Trying out the device

3) Advertisement (what kind did you see)

4) You are a BlackBerry fan and it was their latest offering, why wouldn't you get it

5) you felt it was time for something new

Other

Did you feel that you learnt enough about BB10 from the adverts?

Or did your past with blackberry lead you to find out more?

Obviously there's a lot of q's /thoughts there, the more you answer the more helpful it will be I know a lot of you love to share so let's gather all this info together

Thank you

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Because the cornered blue pills are in a long run to expensive for me and my BlackBerry OS10 results in the same positive effect...
    02-13-14 02:53 AM
    I fell in love with the Z10 even when I first saw it on leaks (the London). It had a great look and it was all touch screen. My mom bought it for me as a graduation gift though.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-13-14 03:11 AM
    Why? In a nutshell, just love the OS and the device (Q10) itself. Haven't got the latest update 10.2.1 yet, but hopefully soon.
    02-13-14 07:08 AM
    I had a Blackberry 9520 storm as only like touch screen phones, that was on the way out, keep it going as long as possible

Then came along the Z10 so was PURCHASED ,if that wasn't available it would have been an Android phone.
    02-13-14 11:48 AM
    Because BBRY has always made a good phone period. I work in isolated areas and i've tried them all and all through the years BBRY gets a signal where others fail. Plus now with the full touch screen and no buttons...bam !! an all round great device
    02-13-14 12:22 PM
    I had a iphone 4 and i hated typing on it. I mean I HATED typing on it..a lot! My friend had a Z 10 and i just loved the size and of course flicking away on that great keyboard! I bought a Z 10 the next day. Love it!
    02-13-14 01:21 PM
    I'd like to flip the question around. Now that BB10 runs virtually all android software, has a superior OS, the HUB, the best touch-screen keyboard available, why would anyone choose to buy an android device over a BB10 device?
    02-13-14 01:48 PM
    I'd say number 4 was most applicable. I'm honestly a diehard blackberry fan, though I have an iphone 4 and a good nexus 5 to try out the experiences as well. Yet I'm always drawn back to blackberry. I had a Z10, but wanted the Q10 so within a few months it was gone. I've been rocking the Q10 since may/june and proud to say that I dont want to switch devices again.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:59 PM
    Love the keyboard...and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:13 PM
    Not on price, I'm on contract. Got it the day it was released in South Africa. There was no z30 then, there is now. Will never use any other phone while BlackBerry is in business. Superb product.

Posted via ZedTen
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-23-14 04:07 AM
    I got the device so that when my Samsung and iPhone using friends are getting "Connection not available" messages - I can play YouTube videos to show them how much better my reception is.
    Plus I consider that I fluked it on a fantastic UI because I bought a BlackBerry on reputation alone, having become tired of wrestling with Androids.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-23-14 05:04 AM
    My beloved Bold 9900 was starting to give out and so I purchased its successor, the Q10. Never, not even for a second, did I even consider getting an iPhone or a Samsung. The only other phone I'll ever use in addition to my BlackBerry is a Nokia. I place greater importance on classic elegance, ease of use, sturdiness, and the typing experience rather than trendiness, flashy-ness, and the bandwagon "everyone-has-it!" mentality.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:36 AM
    Because it's better (yeah......for ME) than iOS, Android or WP8.
    03-23-14 06:43 AM
    Was using a xperia android device before I owned a z10. My xperia suffered damage which could not be easily fixed so was looking for a replacement phone and that was the time I got to know about the z10

Why?
    When I first googled new devices of 2013
    I got to know more about the z10 .I had already decided no Samsung for me as all Samsung models looked the same nor an I- phone.the last 2 device on my list was newly released xperia z and BlackBerry z10 . Also I wanted something different. Some of my friends had xperia devices and I wanted to be unique and when I heard that z10 supports android app that was the time I choose z10 over the xperia z.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:34 AM
    Because I wanted to get away from Google snooping and apps that need access to everything. 1st BlackBerry for me ever was a z10 in January. Got a z30 now

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 08:52 AM
98 ... 234