customers that got the passport, classic, leap... those arent particularly old phones just yet.
    The problem is if you support the Classic or Leap, then you have no reason not to support the Q10, Z10, or Z30, because they are the same specs or better. It would just open up a can of worms because of BlackBerry's poor hardware decision on the Leap and Classic. Their is no way to put Android on those devices and not put it on the others without crating a PR nightmare.

Posted via Z30
    09-18-15 05:59 PM
    "Take care of your customers and employees first, and profits will follow." -- Jack C. Taylor.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    09-18-15 06:13 PM
    ...buyers of Venice will be frustrated when they have to wait for 2/3 months after release of update by Google...
    You say that like it's something unusual. My Samsung Tab S didn't upgrade to Lollipop until May.
    09-18-15 06:35 PM
    you want android bb then upgrade your phone. z10 is 2.5 years old....time to get with the times.
    Yeah, to make it worse, specs are more like 3.5 years old
    09-18-15 06:57 PM
    "Take care of your customers and employees first, and profits will follow." -- Jack C. Taylor.

Posted via CB10
    If only BlackBerry would love by this!

Posted via Z30
    09-18-15 07:15 PM
    It makes sense to make available OS for current devices in order to satisfy customers.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    09-18-15 07:18 PM
    If only BlackBerry would love by this!

Posted via Z30
    They would satisfy their costomers if they sold every phone at 1$... the problem is that to satisfy their costomers, the business side has to be healthy aswell.
    09-18-15 08:31 PM
    Again, I'm not thinking about this in terms of satisfying "loyal" customers. I'm thinking of it as a kind of promotion of BlackBerry's future direction. Although excellent in its own right, BB10 has turned out to be an albatross around BlackBerry's neck. If the new direction is Android, then get Android on as many devices as possible, including those already out there.

But as I write this it occurs to me that if special hardware is needed to secure Android, to whatever level they're claiming to secure it, that's different from what they have to secure BB10, they'll never release it.
    09-18-15 09:04 PM
    Also agreed, but Android L was meant to be able to run on lighter hardware
    It's slower on my G2 than KitKat was.
    09-18-15 11:15 PM
    Well I don't expect Blackberry to update the older devices, they will probably try to off load the current BB10 devices as fast as possible, starting with the Pop-up shop in Germany come September 23rd which will offer the "latest" handsets:

"Main draw is, of course, the ability to experience and buy the latest BlackBerry product portfolio, including the BlackBerry Leap, BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Passport, including our latest, limited-edition addition to the portfolio: the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition."
    They can't talk about the Slider yet, it's not official in any way.
    Also, a puny stall or shop won't offload a ton of devices. It's rather a trickle than a river.

:-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-19-15 07:38 AM
110 ... 345