I've been using the Safari browser on my PC running XP SP2 and I like it a lot. It is much better than IE and Fire Fox IMO.

One example is I used to get a lot of spyware and cookies when doing a spyware scan after an IE/Fire Fox web session, but I get zero spyware and cookies, after a Safari session, when I scan for spyware using 2 different programs.

So back to the original question. If Safari were available for the Blackberry OS, would you use it?
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-05-09 at 12:25 AM.
    01-04-09 11:50 PM
    I would use it, but sadly no it's no available. Opera Mini is though.
    01-04-09 11:51 PM
    I would use it, but sadly no it's no available. Opera Mini is though.
    Yes, I use Opera Mini now.

Too bad it can't be made the default browser though.

Still, I was shocked that Safari became available on the Microsoft platforms, so maybe there is hope that one becomes available for the BB OS.
    01-04-09 11:56 PM
    Yes,I would if it ran JAVA correctly and not how our BB browser does. I like Opera Mini also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 12:04 AM
    I would use Safari if available - and since we are dreaming I'd prefer Google Chrome
    01-05-09 12:26 AM
    I would use Safari if available - and since we are dreaming I'd prefer Google Chrome
    Never tried Google Chrome...
    01-05-09 12:28 AM
    I used to run Opera Mini on my BB. But since I've upgraded the OS and have the latest browswer I actually prefer it to Opera.

I don't spend much time surfing the actual web on my BB though, generally mobile specific sites only for me.

Never had macs and don't use Opera. Don't think I'd be interested in it for my 8100 either.
    01-05-09 12:39 AM
    Don't know if I would. I have no issues with the default browser.
    I'd probably run it to check it out but eventually dump it as I
    did Opera Mini.
    01-05-09 12:40 AM
    I tried Chrome, didn't really get what the buzz was about. Since IE7 I've actually ditched FireFox as well.
    01-05-09 12:43 AM
    I tried Chrome, didn't really get what the buzz was about. Since IE7 I've actually ditched FireFox as well.
    I didn't like the beta at all, but the final release that recently came out is pretty nice. I like that each tab is independent of each other in memory, but my favorite is that I can drag a tab off the programs window and it creates that tab in it's own window. Haha, don't ask me why, I just like that
    01-05-09 01:07 AM
    Consider giving Safari a try.
    01-05-09 01:44 AM
    Tried safari...didn't like the interface. Getting tired of firefox and don't use that many plugins. So far, I'm really liking Chrome. Opera for desktop is very underappreciated, too, imho.

01-05-09 02:02 AM
    Opera for desktop is very underappreciated, too, imho.
    100% agreement.
    01-05-09 02:26 AM
    100% agreement.

it's quite fast, but I use firefox nowdays, its' slow as all helll but I like the addons.
    01-05-09 03:20 AM

it's quite fast, but I use firefox nowdays, its' slow as all helll but I like the addons.
    FF freezes up too much for me.
    01-05-09 04:29 AM
    Yeah, I'd try it - I'd try any new browser. Opera is disappointing & I'm looking forward to having a browser that offers better performance than the bold browser, which IMHO is already pretty good.

01-05-09 04:43 AM
    If it was available, sure why not? Probably would beat the Berry browser.

01-05-09 05:11 AM
    **** yes, but like a previous post stated, I would prefer Google Chrome.
    01-05-09 08:11 AM
    Safari is pretty good, though not a quick as Google Chrome. I think you would like it

I like Opera Mini on my handset because the pages it displays are pre-parsed on an Opera server. This makes the pages smaller and faster (although most interactive features are culled in parsing). It's not really comparable to a desktop browser and consequently, I cannot answer the question.
    01-05-09 09:41 AM
    What is safari? a browser? I am sorry I am not aware of such software...
    01-05-09 09:47 AM
    It is the mac browser. I am happy with opera and the default browser but I would try safari on my curve.

01-05-09 09:50 AM
    What is safari? a browser? I am sorry I am not aware of such software...
    It's a web browser by Apple. It was originally only for Mac's, but last year they ported it over for Windows users, too.
    Apple - Safari
    01-05-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD