...could anyone trust the security and or integrity of the next potential manufacturer to the same level we trust RIM?

Source: Yahoo
    By Alastair Sharp and Pav Jordan

TORONTO (Reuters) - It might seem like corporate heresy but an increasing number of technology investors and experts are asking whether Research in Motion needs to ditch its BlackBerry handset business to survive.
    12-18-11 07:03 AM
    RIM doesnt need to "ditch" blackberry they need to live up to promises. RIM and security go hand in hand now so no i dont think they could keep the same level of security.
    12-18-11 07:08 AM
    No need to think about that, it will never happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-11 08:01 AM
    Anything is possible, but the smartphone world would never be the same.
    12-18-11 08:41 AM
    RIM started the smartphone business
    But nothing lasts forever
    Just give it some time and even apple will start slipping
    12-18-11 09:00 AM
    RIM started the smartphone business
    But nothing lasts forever
    Just give it some time and even apple will start slipping
    RIM got lazy. I don't c this happening with apple or android for that matter. But with Jobs gone the next year or two time will tell. Probably two since Jobs stamp will def be on the iphone 5. Now RIM seems lost trying to play catch up?
    12-18-11 11:19 AM
    I personally wouldn't be surprised if eventually Apple exit's the computer market and focuses solely on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Personally, this is their money maker and if I was CEO I'd consider this.

But, let's not forget. Is RIM a loss? Nope. Are BlackBerry phones not selling? Nope. RIM are not disappearing. They aren't growing like the others but they are growing.
    12-18-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD