Wonder if RIM ever thought of firing one of their over paid Co-CEOs and using the money to develop the OS and associated Accessories needed to make Blackberry Devices REALLY competitive?

Still no Theme Builder for OS7, No OS 2.0 for Playbook, etc.

For a Corporation with TWO CEOs, they suck!
    10-05-11 09:01 AM
    I think Co-CEO's have worked very well. They don't need money to develop what you're asking for. They need time.

It's basically a 2 headed animal working together to lead everything behind it. I see it as a good thing. It's like having 2 engineers developing a product rather than one. Would be better right?
    10-05-11 01:16 PM
    The problem is not necessarily the co-CEO structure itself; the problem is the sackless, brainless, toothless board of directors that basically bows to every whim of the co-CEOs. That's not how it's supposed to work. The guys are good at what they do, but only as far as what they know. There's a reason and a purpose for a corporation to have a board of directors, and RIM's is, in my mind, completely ineffective.

Someone on the board should have had the business sense to recognize the potential threat of the iPhone over four years ago and had the clout and the grapes to rally the rest of the board to direct senior management to prepare for it. There was no such person. Given that whole miscalculation, and skipping over the whole Storm debacle, there should have been some accountability to the board regarding the company's next major endeavor, the development and launch of the PlayBook. There apparently was not much there, either. RIM's actions the last several years have all the earmarks of a very narrow vision, something you would tend to not expect from co-CEO's, but nonetheless precisely the thing that an effective BOD is in place to mitigate. One CEO could have been blowing smoke up this board's collective backside just as easily as these two.

Laz and Sillyballs are not without blame. But the BOD also has its share of culpability here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 02:19 PM
    For the most part, no company is successful with a co-CEO structure. There are very few exceptions to that rule.

I think RIM needs someone with a fresh viewpoint, not either of the current co-CEOs. Both should go.

10-05-11 02:22 PM
    For the most part, no company is successful with a co-CEO structure. There are very few exceptions to that rule.

I think RIM needs someone with a fresh viewpoint, not either of the current co-CEOs. Both should go.

Hard to do since both current CEOs own 5% (each) of the company. That's a lotta dough to make them go away.
    10-05-11 02:28 PM
    Hard to do since both current CEOs own 5% (each) of the company. That's a lotta dough to make them go away.
    That's true, but it is definitely preferable to make them go away than to keep them and make RIM go away.

10-05-11 02:36 PM
    That's true, but it is definitely preferable to make them go away than to keep them and make RIM go away.

Hoho. Nice one. I agree completely. Those two guys are good, very good indeed but, it's time for them to go.

However, I do not hate them in the least. They invented this whole smartphone business.
    10-05-11 02:38 PM
    Hoho. Nice one. I agree completely. Those two guys are good, very good indeed but, it's time for them to go.

However, I do not hate them in the least. They invented this whole smartphone business.
    I do not hate them either. They just do not understand today's market, and are obsolete as leaders in the current market.

10-05-11 02:43 PM
    One person's view. Some companies have more than two CEO's. Most have one. But that's just a guess.

10-05-11 03:02 PM
    I have to wonder if they have trouble with trying to make everything enterprise or government by not allowing what they wouldn't allow when there are ways to allow both. Just like with email on the playbook, they could've had an email client like thunderbird or whatever that avg joe could use but they only concentrate on government and enterprise. I'm sure they can do both, isn't that what IT policies are for?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-11 03:22 PM
    Haha love that idea, they definitely need to revamp they're entire company and focus on A+ designers and just let them do their job.
    10-10-11 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD