It just occurred to me that if half of the BlackBerry loyalists pick up a Priv, then half of the folks on here would probably spend their time on Android Central.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 02:53 PM
    Just like webOS Nation..... still here.

CrackBerry will be here for those that want to come here. PRIV info will be here and there are those here already very familiar with Android. But I think those looking for help with just the general OS, will be better served over at Android Central.
    jmr1015, Xaiux and pdizzle27 like this.
    10-09-15 03:27 PM
    Considering that Priv will most definitely locked down, I'm pretty sure people will still come here

STL100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-09-15 03:30 PM
    Mobile Nations is not going to ax one of their most popular fan communities even if its product is discontinued. They're going to milk Crackberry for every cent that it's worth.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-09-15 03:31 PM
    Crackberry will always be around I'm sure. The community on the other hand will have a division; already happening IMO. Those that are for the android migration and those that are against.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    10-09-15 03:43 PM
    They will shut up shop. BLA1ZE will be on the bread line

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 04:18 PM
    As I have said several times folks, what name is on the bezel of the new Priv?? The last time I looked it said Blackberry so what's the issue!!!
    luc4625, Abrar0z, RH1Pearl and 1 others like this.
    10-09-15 05:04 PM
    Just look at what happened to BBOS once BB10 was launched - but even faster. Eventually, people here will be saying things like "Why are you still hanging onto BB10?"
    10-09-15 05:13 PM
    I highly doubt they'll simply axe CrackBerry if the Priv is successful, it's more possible they'll axe it sometime in the future if the Priv wouldn't be successful. But even then I doubt it.
    The name BlackBerry is still there on the Priv, so it is natural for CrackBerry to cover it. A lot of folks here already have quite some experience with Android devices, so getting help here won't be a problem either.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 06:20 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pdizzle27; 10-09-15 at 10:00 PM.
    10-09-15 06:34 PM
    Thats stupid if they shut down crackberry because of priv lol. In the end its still a BlackBerry

Beproud
    10-09-15 10:20 PM
    We turn into an enterprise software services fan site duh

Posted via CB10
    pdizzle27 likes this.
    10-09-15 10:23 PM
    Lol OP did you know there is android on BlackBerry section on crackberry and BlackBerry priv is there..and future BlackBerry android device too
    10-09-15 10:23 PM
    It'll mean 10% off sale on all PRIV accessories!
    jmr1015 and pdizzle27 like this.
    10-09-15 10:28 PM
    Usman...yes, I did know that. Are you suggesting that there won't be a Priv forum on Android Central? Have you ever looked at Android Central?
    10-09-15 11:13 PM
    It just occurred to me that if half of the BlackBerry loyalists pick up a Priv, then half of the folks on here would probably spend their time on Android Central.

Posted via CB10
    Certainly, the face of things will change here with the release of the PRIV; some may drift to Android Central, some will stay here, some will straddle both worlds.

Even still, there is lots of value in this forum. I still see people asking questions about their discontinued Playbooks and legacy BBOS phones.

As long as people need help with their BlackBerry phones, I anticipate there will be a home for them here. And, as long as people are curious about the news BlackBerry has to give (phones, security, the "Internet of Things," collaborations and acquisitions, etc.), people will find value in CrackBerry as a centralized source for it.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    Last edited by BoldMaverick; 10-10-15 at 12:56 AM.
    pdizzle27 likes this.
    10-09-15 11:57 PM
    Can't wait for my priv!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-15 12:53 AM
    Certainly, the face of things will change here with the release of the PRIV; some may drift to Android Central, some will stay here, some will straddle both worlds.

Even still, there is lots of value in this forum. I still see people asking questions about their discontinued Playbooks and legacy BBOS phones.

As long as people need help with their BlackBerry phones, I anticipate there will be a home for them here. And, as long as people are curious about the news BlackBerry has to give (phones, security, the "Internet of Things," collaborations and acquisitions, etc.), people will find value in CrackBerry as a centralized source for it.

True!
    10-10-15 12:59 AM
    This is slightly different from the WebOS nation situation where the forum effectively went zombie a few months after Leo pulled the plug simply because there are far more people out there with BB10 and BBOS devices. Lets say Chen pulled the plug on monday and there were no new devices, I think you would be looking at two years or so before this place became a real ghost town - the main forums would empty first and the support forums next. The front page would slow switch over that time to the "post from our forum" way that WebOS is set up.

Bottom-line Crackberry would fade out but a lot slower than WebOS nation did.
    10-10-15 02:20 AM
    I don't understand why people think CrackBerry is just going to up and disappear because BlackBerry is switching to the Android OS.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-10-15 02:43 AM
    The Priv is still a BlackBerry and BlackBerry is not going anywhere so soon. Also, BB10 will be around for quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 03:33 AM
    It will shut down because every blackberry phone prior will immediately brick upon the release of the Priv.

Why would anything happen to CrackBerry? It will remain.
    10-10-15 05:45 AM
    It will shut down because every blackberry phone prior will immediately brick upon the release of the Priv.

Why would anything happen to CrackBerry? It will remain.
    I get the impression this is what a lot of people think will happen. Lol.

But, I can remember still using my Bold 9650 for a little while when BB10 released. People still have and talk about those old, BBOS phones (albeit, a bit less).

Certainly, BB10 will be around.

10-10-15 08:10 AM
    People who are a BlackBerry fan first, regardless of OS, be it BBOS, BB10, or Android, will still come to CrackBerry.

People who are an Android fan first, and only care about the Priv because it is running Android, will likely frequent AndroidCentral more so than CrackBerry.

People who are a BB10 fan first... well... If BBOS and Playbook activity on this website is any indication, some will stick around.
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-10-15 03:07 PM
    As I have said several times folks, what name is on the bezel of the new Priv?? The last time I looked it said Blackberry so what's the issue!!!
    BlackBerry
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-10-15 03:16 PM
39 12