So a lot of people who dont like the ad have rightly been asked what would they have done instead.

i think the ad sucked more then a Dyson in a wind tunnel so i thought i'd answer how i would have done it and then explain my decision.

The music would be faint in the background and song of choice would be Alanis Morrisette, One Hand in my Pocket.

The ad would start with a voice over saying "At Blackberry, We tried to make the best one handed experience ever on a smartphone"

As the voice over starts the ad will show a 5 second clip of a basketball player using the blackberry with one hand while bouncing a ball with the other as his team mates around him shout for him to pass. all clips are silent with just the music and voiceovers playing.
    As the clip fades into the next one, the Voiceover will continue with "unfortunately our feedback shows we did too good a job."
    The next clip will show a lady using the blackberry one handed and applying lipstick with the other, but she is so engrossed the lipstick goes all over her face. This clip is also 5 seconds long.
    The voiceover continues with the next clip with "Users just were not used to having an extra hand"
    The clip is 5 seconds long again and shows a man reading his messages one handed with the z10 and flipping channels with a tv remote in the other as his frustrated wife is clearly yelling at him to stop.
    The next clip is ten seconds long and the voice over speaks during it, "Well some people found the experience ideal at least"
    The clip shows 2 NFL fans at a crowded bar holding bottles of beer, they both pull out their phones, 1 z10, 1 generic. The generic guy has to put his beer down to read his message, while the z10 guy takes a swig with his free hand as he navigates the z10.
    As the generic guy puts his phone away and goes to pick up his bottle, it gets knocked over by someone's elbow as they turn.
    The last 5 seconds shows the Z10 and the web link, as the voiceover says, "The new Blackberry Z10. Find out more"
    That should be 30 seconds give or take.

The reason i focused on the one handed experience, is because it doesnt actually show off any feature off the phone, but is encouraged to hook the viewer into finding out just why it is the "best" one handed experience ever. hence they will go away and look it up.

So that was my effort, better or worse then the actual or about the same?
    comments will be appreciated
    hispanola likes this.
    02-04-13 01:51 PM
    Worse IMO. Very boring. This would be suited to a regular ad spot, not the SuperBowl.
    02-04-13 01:55 PM
    thanks for the feedback. But how you described my one is exactly how i would describe the actual
    02-04-13 06:04 PM
    I honestly think BB should have made this a fan submittal contest. There are some really great poeple out there that have made some great short vids. It would have been an awesome thing for BB and the fans. They could have gotten tons of great ideas submitted. In the end its not a huge deal but I do think we could have seen something a little better and actually showing the phone more.
    darkehawke and shemaree09 like this.
    02-04-13 06:13 PM
    by all means it's not the end of the world. and i'm sure they will develop some great ads.
    it's just a shame that this one was so costly, as a general ad it would have stood on its own, but as a $4million, ad it just did not handle it
    02-04-13 06:16 PM
    The music would be faint in the background and song of choice would be Alanis Morrisette, One Hand in my Pocket.

The ad would start with a voice over saying "At Blackberry, We tried to make the best one handed experience ever
    Yeah, that wouldn't garner any criticism... None at all. Honest engine!
    02-04-13 06:25 PM
    Yeah, that wouldn't garner any criticism... None at all. Honest engine!
    ha music is negotiable.
    Although you'd never get a song everyone agrees on
    02-04-13 06:31 PM
    IMO everyone would be thinking, "I can use my whatever phone with one hand too." And not pay any more attention.

My two cents (last day I can say that since pennies will no longer be used in Canada - have to say my nickel?)
    02-04-13 06:36 PM
    ha music is negotiable.
    Although you'd never get a song everyone agrees on
    How about Rick Astley - best commercial ever
    02-04-13 06:39 PM
    IMO everyone would be thinking, "I can use my whatever phone with one hand too." And not pay any more attention.

My two cents (last day I can say that since pennies will no longer be used in Canada - have to say my nickel?)
    thats the point.
    it will be a bold claim to say This one is the best experience ever.
    Every 1 handed phone experience has frustrations, so that what i imagined would grab at the curiosity a lot better then rubber ducks and whatever else was in the ad.
    02-04-13 06:41 PM
    If i was in charge of the Superbowl Ad-jackie-chan-wtf-meme-face-70958233396.jpg ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    02-04-13 07:34 PM
    calm down, the ad was clever, and was merely a way to remind Americans, that BlackBerry still existed. "Be Calm and be Bold" Z10 for the kill.....
    02-04-13 07:57 PM
    Shoulda done a Zombie commercial. Blackberry Zombies rising from the dead. Can't go wrong with that! Grabs attention and the comedic potential is there. The Walking dead commercial was funny. Throw in some Zombies using the Z10 and the comedic scenarios are endless!! That's the kind of eye opening attention getter that is needed for a superbowl commercial.
    SoCalRedbird and shemaree09 like this.
    02-04-13 08:06 PM
    So a lot of people who dont like the ad have rightly been asked what would they have done instead.

i think the ad sucked more then a Dyson in a wind tunnel so i thought i'd answer how i would have done it and then explain my decision.

The ad would start with a voice over saying "At Blackberry, We tried to make the best one handed experience ever on a smartphone"

As the voice over starts the ad will show a 5 second clip of a basketball player using the blackberry with one hand while bouncing a ball with the other as his team mates around him shout for him to pass. all clips are silent with just the music and voiceovers playing.
    As the clip fades into the next one, the Voiceover will continue with "unfortunately our feedback shows we did too good a job."
    The next clip will show a lady using the blackberry one handed and applying lipstick with the other, but she is so engrossed the lipstick goes all over her face. This clip is also 5 seconds long.
    The voiceover continues with the next clip with "Users just were not used to having an extra hand"
    The clip is 5 seconds long again and shows a man reading his messages one handed with the z10 and flipping channels with a tv remote in the other as his frustrated wife is clearly yelling at him to stop.
    The next clip is ten seconds long and the voice over speaks during it, "Well some people found the experience ideal at least"
    The clip shows 2 NFL fans at a crowded bar holding bottles of beer, they both pull out their phones, 1 z10, 1 generic. The generic guy has to put his beer down to read his message, while the z10 guy takes a swig with his free hand as he navigates the z10.
    As the generic guy puts his phone away and goes to pick up his bottle, it gets knocked over by someone's elbow as they turn.
    The last 5 seconds shows the Z10 and the web link, as the voiceover says, "The new Blackberry Z10. Find out more"
    That should be 30 seconds give or take.

The reason i focused on the one handed experience, is because it doesnt actually show off any feature off the phone, but is encouraged to hook the viewer into finding out just why it is the "best" one handed experience ever. hence they will go away and look it up.

So that was my effort, better or worse then the actual or about the same?
    comments will be appreciated
    I actually think this is a commercial that they should make (with the Alanis Morissette song). It may not be 'Superbowl' worthy, but it was better then what RIM aired. For the last 5 secs, I'd show the Z10 and one hand typing (while voice over says the same thing), "The new Blackberry Z10. Find out more." That would show how fast and amazing the keyboard and one handed typing is.
    darkehawke likes this.
    02-05-13 07:21 PM
    Has there ever been a BlackBerry commercial with AC/DC's Back in Black? The song rocks and it is so appropriate.
    02-05-13 07:54 PM
    Shoulda done a Zombie commercial. Blackberry Zombies rising from the dead. Can't go wrong with that! Grabs attention and the comedic potential is there. The Walking dead commercial was funny. Throw in some Zombies using the Z10 and the comedic scenarios are endless!! That's the kind of eye opening attention getter that is needed for a superbowl commercial.
    I can see the GIF now....used to bash Blackberry

But i think it would be cool to make fun of themselves and show that they have something new.
    02-06-13 11:14 AM
    If I was in charge of the Superbowl Ad.... It would have been delayed and first shown during the Final Four (March Madness).
    02-06-13 12:14 PM